How I lost 10lbs (of fat) in 7 days

Options

Replies

• Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The average maximum % of fat loss a week is around 1/2%, safe weight loss is 1-2lb a week....,,however this is assuming you didnt start at 300lb in first place. 35% is very high body fat and I applaud you for wanting to try and lose the weight....however if you had watched that program properly you would have seen that it wasn't all about weight loss. The advantages of the fasting was actually lowering the IGF1 output which would force cells to renew rather than produce new ones which would keep organs and the like younger and healthier.

Unfortunately callipers are only accurate if done by the same person, with measured points (did he measure and mark you up before taking the readings three times?) and by someone whose being taking readings for quite a while. The scales are never accurate so I'd ignore those entirely.

Take note: it is not healthy nor desirable to drop 10lb in a week.

California girl looks good but I can assure you she didn't get that amount of muscle by eating in a deficit!!
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    You can get an experienced person (& the same person) to do regular skinfolds using a caliper & have a test every 2-3 months. You look for the overall progression.
  • laura6009
    laura6009 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump x
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank-you so much for sharing!!! what a great motivator you are! I am going to add you to facebook if you don't mind?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What was your starting weight and starting body fat % and then current weight current body fat %. Also, even calipers can be inaccurate. Essentially, if I went low carbs for a week or two, I can fool body fat calipers to assume I lost more fat. In order to lose 9 lbs of fat, you would need to eat 31,500 calories less then you burn.

There is a link in the beginning of the article. I understand that it is pretty much impossible to lose 10lbs or PURE FAT in 7 days. This isn't exactly what I meant. But if you look at my printouts in the link, you'll see why I used "How I lost 10lbs of fat in a week" as the title for this post.

Or you can post this. Work blocks those links.

Starting bf% 38.6, mass of body fat, 36.2kg
    After a week bf% 35,9, mass of body fat, 32.1kg

Can I have your actual weight, not the mass of body fat.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Well done! Don't let any of the "haters" throw you off course. We can only do what works for ourselves personally. Very brave of you to share. Thanks!
    Disagreement ≠ hate. Scepticism ≠ hate.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    OP, if you look at CaliforniaGirl's food diary you can see she does not eat at some extreme net calorie deficit. Her caloric totals are good - that and exercise discipline gets her where she is. Are you willing to do much more than a 20 minute walk for exercise? She does. Don't get me wrong, some exercise is better than none, but trying to copy what works for her without doing ALL of it won't serve you well.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Actually it's not... at the bf % I'm currently at, it's pretty much impossible to starve yourself, unless you don't eat for 72 hours. I am using this method of eating/exercising because of what i've read in critically acclaimed books like The 4 hour body by Tim Ferris The Venus method and Lean gains and Eat Stop Eat. If you want to know more about IF, watch the Horizon documentary "Eat, fast and live longer". I have no intention of trying to convince people about this, I have better things to do with my time, but it does annoy me when people criticise things they have not bothered to research or have any experience with.

I just thought you ought to know that my comments on your thread come from experience both as a health professional and someone that has been doing IF for 5 months & lost 21lbs on it. So therefore not someone who has not both researched IF but have lived an IF lifestyle for 5 months. I do not however do the 'leangains' window IF but a a 4:3 ratio plan as per my GP & the Horizon programme. this is more suitable for post menopausal women..which the eating window is not!
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    OP, if you look at CaliforniaGirl's food diary you can see she does not eat at some extreme net calorie deficit. Her caloric totals are good - that and exercise discipline gets her where she is. Are you willing to do much more than a 20 minute walk for exercise? She does. Don't get me wrong, some exercise is better than none, but trying to copy what works for her without doing ALL of it won't serve you well.

Plus, this quote from CaliforniaGirl's profile

" lost my weight (60 lbs) by just eating less (and exercise of course!) "

No mention of 4 hour eating and fasting, or windows of eating, or fad diets. Just saying.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

It's enough for me. Don't you think you getting a little too involved in trying to prove me wrong?
    If you really think what i'm doing isn't right then just leave it alone, feel sorry for me and wait for the article titled "All you guys were right, i'm sorry"

I'm not here for you. You're going to do whatever you want to do. I'm here, in the middle of the road holding flares in each hand and waving them wildly while shouting "BRIDGE OUT" to every oncoming driver that is thinking about following you into this disaster.

dangerbreakdown.jpg
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    Bump....
  • jotti101
    jotti101 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, firstly well done for the determination and the weight loss.

I am a new starter on this site and to be honest I think its a great motivator when I read posts like this.

There are a few similarities on your post that I myself have gone through but I know after damaging my health by food deprevation its not always the best option.

Calorie counting is what I have taken up this time as I do not want to eliminate any food group but I am certainly going to up my exercise routine.

Thanks for the post anyway.

Jotti101.
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I lost ten pounds that quickly, then the hospital forced me to bring the baby home from the hospital.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I lost ten pounds that quickly, then the hospital forced me to bring the baby home from the hospital.

Darn hospitals. :laugh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Actually it's not... at the bf % I'm currently at, it's pretty much impossible to starve yourself, unless you don't eat for 72 hours. I am using this method of eating/exercising because of what i've read in critically acclaimed books like The 4 hour body by Tim Ferris The Venus method and Lean gains and Eat Stop Eat. If you want to know more about IF, watch the Horizon documentary "Eat, fast and live longer". I have no intention of trying to convince people about this, I have better things to do with my time, but it does annoy me when people criticise things they have not bothered to research or have any experience with.

The issue isn't with IF . . . IF is a great approach that works successfully for many people, it's with YOUR approach to IF. If you're set for 1200 calories net and you're burning 600 calories you should be eating 1800 calories gross during the hours you are eating, not 1200. So, before you get your panties in a bunch about people taking issue with IF, it's not an issue with IF it's an issue with your 600 net calorie diet.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    IF is fine if you like to eat that way but you do still have to eat enough. Combining 1200 calories with IF doesn't mean the IF did a damn thing to contribute to weight loss.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Sure I get it. But I'm following this woman's advice http://www.myfitnesspal.com/californiagirl2012 Does it look like she crashed and burned? ;-)

That explains a lot then, cause she is NOT respected in this community and you would be wise to WALK away .....quickly
  • Betty_Blowtorch
    Betty_Blowtorch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sure I get it. But I'm following this woman's advice http://www.myfitnesspal.com/californiagirl2012 Does it look like she crashed and burned? ;-)

That explains a lot then, cause she is NOT respected in this community and you would be wise to WALK away .....quickly

Okay, a little question for us noobs, who is Californiagirl2012 and why does she have a bad reputation? I've only been on here since late November and really haven't heard of her before.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    week one is ALWAYS 90% water loss,never fat sorry,,,
    and fad diets DO NOT work! you will always end up putting more back on! :sad: if only they worked i would a size 0(or less if there is a less?! :huh:
    and do you ever think that it might just be eating healthy and exersiceing? might just work???

sory but i totally argree with Jilly on this one :noway:
    good day x :smile: