How many lbs did you lose before you heard...

Options
dnscal123
dnscal123 Posts: 46 Member
How many pounds did you lose before you heard the first "Have you lost weight?"

Replies

• em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    For me it was only 15 lbs but I'm only 5'4" and don't have a lot to lose.
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    15 Pounds. That was me going from 190 to 175. A lady I don't see often said " I wasn't sure that was you, how much weight have you lost?"
    She made my day!!! :smile:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I think it was around 30-35.
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    First time? Probably 30-35 lbs. Now I heard it all the time even from people I see often. I would imagine most people would want to make sure that you have indeed lost weight before asking. Kind of like asking if a woman is pregnant, nothing worse than being wrong.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Random folks I interact with often on their own without me telling them I am losing weight: 2

This is at 41 pounds lost, I sort of wonder when/if more people will ever say something. I am getting smaller then a few and I kind of doubt in some circles it would ever come up. Funny thing is to this no one seems to notice I don't really drink either anymore at gatherings, maybe 1 glass of wine or a beer but that is it. I def eat less too.

I think it really varies, I can still wear some of my clothes, which are baggy. I fit into quite a few pairs of older (but basically new) pants that are 2 sizes smaller but with same tops maybe I just don't look like I am losing weight at this point.
  • amysue1971
    amysue1971 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Same here. Hardly anyone. But I'm down several sizes, so I dunno!
  • dnscal123
    dnscal123 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have not heard it yet, I say yet as I'm waiting for that day!!!!!
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    Around 4 years ago when I lost almost 3 stones from 11st 11 to 9 stone it took for me to get new clothes that actually fitted me and weren't hanging off! I grudges buying new stuff for 'inbetween' sizes but when I did I got loads of compliments all the time.
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    Around the 35-40 lb mark!! :)
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was down 20ish lbs before people started commenting. I think people noticed sooner but it's one of those delicate issues where people are a bit nervous to say anything in case it's not true.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Around 45 or so, but then I have a heck of a lot to lose.
  • UNC_Brittany_84
    Options
    I lost 15-20 pounds before people starting calling me skinny or asking how much weight I had lost. I was so excited that people had noticed.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Probably around 5 lbs when my friend asked, but I don't have too much to lose and I'm short so every 5lbs really shows.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    8 lbs...a friend saw a picture of mine online. Then, recently I have heard from a bunch of people and I have lost 10 pounds total.
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It took a while, I think I had lost 35 or 40 pounds before someone said something. I agree with previous comments, I think people are shy and want to make sure they are 100% right before saying something :)
  • zombiekookie
    zombiekookie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I always get it after a pound or so. I think it's only because I talk about working at loosing weight.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    30 pounds, but I was such a hog that it took that much weight before it could show.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    For me, about 15. I only had about 50 to lose so it showed pretty quickly, especially in my face.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    After 40lbs I started getting a comment from almost someone everyday. I remember telling people all the time that I lost weight and how much I lost before the 40lbs. After I took off the next 20lbs it got ridiculous with people making comments. It was at a point that it got somewhat irritating. I got comments like are you OK(Like I might have cancer). Everything has evened out with the comments. I got a comment from one of the 6th grade boys on a team I help coach basketball on the other day. He asked if I was a body builder. Love it!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!