If I make a protein shake with water

Options

Replies

• Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No.

I am so tired of having to explain this over and over and over, but I graduated with honors from college with a degree in chemistry and I can tell you for absolute certain that when you put that protein powder in the water, the molecular structure changes and they merge and a bunch of other sciency stuff you just wouldn't understand and the water ceases to be water anymore.

In fact, you're risking dangerous dehydration by ingesting that.

That new liquid then gets reprocessed through the body and gets turned back to water again so that the kidney can use it to filter out waste and excess nutrients which the body does not need.
    No.

Then please enlighten us that without evaporation into thin air (outside of the body), how does the water or liquid content magically disappear to cause dehydration.
    I'm sorry, but if you didn't understand my previous explanation, you just are never going to understand.

Clearly, you do not have the sciency-type brain that I have. You're simply a plebe and I have no time for this.

Your previous explanation makes absolutely ZERO sense. Dehydration is the removal or absence of liquids. For that to happen, the liquid has to literally evaporate into the atmosphere. The other way is to freeze it in which it solidifies but unless your body is operating at your freezer temps, there's no way for that liquid content to solidify in your body.

So, either you were joking or you just don't know what you are talking about?

Advanced-Sarcasm_c_118631.jpg
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ltdlzc0tkA1qe7y2bo1_250.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No.

I am so tired of having to explain this over and over and over, but I graduated with honors from college with a degree in chemistry and I can tell you for absolute certain that when you put that protein powder in the water, the molecular structure changes and they merge and a bunch of other sciency stuff you just wouldn't understand and the water ceases to be water anymore.

That new liquid then gets reprocessed through the body and gets turned back to water again so that the kidney can use it to filter out waste and excess nutrients which the body does not need.
    No.

Then please enlighten us that without evaporation into thin air (outside of the body), how does the water or liquid content magically disappear to cause dehydration.
    I'm sorry, but if you didn't understand my previous explanation, you just are never going to understand.

Clearly, you do not have the sciency-type brain that I have. You're simply a plebe and I have no time for this.

Your previous explanation makes absolutely ZERO sense. Dehydration is the removal or absence of liquids. For that to happen, the liquid has to literally evaporate into the atmosphere. The other way is to freeze it in which it solidifies but unless your body is operating at your freezer temps, there's no way for that liquid content to solidify in your body. Now, it does leave the body through your number 1's and a little bit of number 2's, but that also shows that the water has entered your body and your body has used the water for what it usually uses water for (transport of nutrients and used to filter waste and unused nutrients).

I am totally serious. Just because you don't understand doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Geesh!

MrT_zps2269703d.jpg
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    No.

No.

Your previous explanation makes absolutely ZERO sense. Dehydration is the removal or absence of liquids. For that to happen, the liquid has to literally evaporate into the atmosphere. The other way is to freeze it in which it solidifies but unless your body is operating at your freezer temps, there's no way for that liquid content to solidify in your body.

Advanced-Sarcasm_c_118631.jpg

Lulz.
  • jdooks
    Options
    No.

No.

Your previous explanation makes absolutely ZERO sense. Dehydration is the removal or absence of liquids. For that to happen, the liquid has to literally evaporate into the atmosphere. The other way is to freeze it in which it solidifies but unless your body is operating at your freezer temps, there's no way for that liquid content to solidify in your body. Now, it does leave the body through your number 1's and a little bit of number 2's, but that also shows that the water has entered your body and your body has used the water for what it usually uses water for (transport of nutrients and used to filter waste and unused nutrients).

I am totally serious, Just because you don't understand doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Geesh!

MrT_zps2269703d.jpg

Double lulz.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    No.

Why dehydration from a protein shake?
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    Just drink your dang water
  • jdooks
    Options
    No.

It doesn't cause dehydration. LoL.
  • rml_16
    Options
    No.

*sigh*

Because the protein powder makes it a diuretic.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No.

Okay... you remember the Meme I posted.... that you laughed at.... about sarcasm....

....yeah.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Does that count towards my daily water intake?

No, you have to drink it

As opposed to chewing your shake made with water ????

HA HA HA HA!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No.

Don't reduce yourself to their level. They haven't even been to school. I've been apprentice to a nutritionist's assistant for six years and I think I've learned a little something about science too. PROTEIN CAUSES DEHYDRATION. Once you've had too much the only cure is hyponatremia.
  • rml_16
    Options
    No.

Don't reduce yourself to their level. They haven't even been to school. I've been apprentice to a nutritionist's assistant for six years and I think I've learned a little something about science too. PROTEIN CAUSES DEHYDRATION. Once you've had too much the only cure is hyponatremia.
    Thank you!

Someone who actually has a brain. Finally.
  • jdooks
    Options
    No.

Okay... you remember the Meme I posted.... that you laughed at.... about sarcasm....

....yeah.

Goodness knows, can't tell what is sarcasm and what isn't on this thread anymore. I mean, someone just claimed that protein is a diuretic. It's not, it's nutrient rich thus when you have a nutrient rich diet of ANY sort, you need to drink more water because for the body to extract the nutrients, it requires water. Same thing for when your body is trying to detoxify itself. Problem is, some people wrongly assume that since the same thing is happening in the body when it's trying to process a lot of nutrients as well as when it's detoxifying, they figure something like protein shakes are bad for you (due to it causing the same functions in the body, but these functions are doing two completely different things, one is shuttling nutrients through your body, the other is purging out waste).

Easy way to tell if it's a diuretic is by the colour of your number 1. If it's mellow yellow that means your body is absorbing nutrients and the water is being used properly and your are at good hydration levels. If it's really dark, that means you are not hydrated properly. If it's just straight up clear, that just means it's mostly water and your body is far more hydrated than it needs to be. Diuretics would cause your to pee clear and pee frequently as it's triggering your body to purge out whatever liquids it has, protein powders does not do this.
  • maxmama55
    maxmama55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Read this article about the myth of drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Read the related articles also. I used to believe the myth too.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/06/08/water-eight-glasses-myth.html
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nice one No0b...I needed this...rough morning already.

LMFAO!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Noob, Noob, Noob! Don't you know that you must cleanse with the protein/water compound to reap the full benefits? Colonics, my friend. Colonics.
  • maxmama55
    maxmama55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Here's another article talking about where the myth of water drinking came from. Interesting!!

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/12/08/the-myth-behind-drinking-8-glasses-of-water-a-day/
  • jdooks
    Options
    Noob, Noob, Noob! Don't you know that you must cleanse with the protein/water compound to reap the full benefits? Colonics, my friend. Colonics.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard, implying that unused amino acids gets turned into poop. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
  • jdooks
    Options
    Here's another article talking about where the myth of water drinking came from. Interesting!!

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/12/08/the-myth-behind-drinking-8-glasses-of-water-a-day/

Depends on ones diet. If one is taking in supplements, it's a good idea to drink extra water, at least 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight. If you do not drink enough water, the body will keep recycling the water it already has causing extra strain on the kidneys (it's essentially re-filtering over and over again).