women with BIG hips

Replies

• I currently have 41 inch hips! I'm 5'3'', around 154 lbs and a size 13 which some I can't even squeeze in to! I'm hoping for a size 9 again
  • I wish mine were a bit smaller!!! I can't wear pencil skirts, and I have a really hard time finding dress pants that fit!
  • Not EVERY ONE on earth is meant to be a size 0,2,4

I am 5'11 I couldn't even imagine how insanely skinny I'd look. I know some women my height naturally can be that thin. And that is beautiful for them. I like curves. I like having big boobs, a butt and hips! And there are even some men out there in the world that like it too! ;) I'm perfectly happy at a size 10/12 {That is my SMALL size}

Don't conform to fit any others standard...enjoy who you are and the body that you have and make it the best for YOU!!!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Im just wondering how many of us are out there. Im 25, 5'7" 142lbs and wear 13 jeans, and could probably squeeze into some 11s since 13s are a little big now. I see all these posts of ladies that wear or want to wear 4s, and Even if I became anorexic i'd never wear anything smaller then a 9, so is there anyone else like me out there, do you like them or do you wish you could have smaller hips, I personaly like mine, but I do wish they could be a little smaller.

I tried to explain this to someone yesterday..... at 5'9" I was 129 lbs, 32-25-38.. wore a size 4 or 6 dress/skirt... but due to my hips to waist ration, have HELL finding pants/jeans... has to be too big in the waist & legs in order to fit my hips...and THAT is NOT a pretty look the person's reply was for me to change brands or get a tailor... Its NOT THAT SIMPLE

has to be too big in the waist & legs in order to fit my hips ( and typical AA/Spanish girl) ...and THAT is NOT a pretty look
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    ugh...some days i love the curve of my hips other days i despise it. That 12 inch difference between my hips and waist is a PITA. I am hoping as i drop some more weight I will keep that differential, but it will all get smaller. Currently i have 45 inch hips and 33 inch waist. For me (even though i am a shortie), I would love a 28inch waist and 40 inch hips. I think that would be size 8? I'll still be all big butt and big hipped, but i'll be normal weight about when i get to that point ( i think). Oh and that i don't lose any boobage to help balance out my butt.
    And yeah, my kids sit nicely on my hips, but that whole birthing hips thing can be a fallacy cause i ended up having 3 c-sections.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    I have always had big ol' hips! When I was younger, I hated it. But, getting older and more confident about myself, I've learnt that they are a part of meeee. Even when i was much skinnier, I still had the hips. Not much I could do about it!
    I would say theres about a 10 inch difference between waist/hip
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    I'm in the same club, big hips here too all my life. I quite like them just need to lose the fat that hides them and trim my waist and I'll be happy.

You know think of it this way, a woman without curves is like a pair of jeans with no pockets....nowhere to put your hands :happy:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm 5'9", 160lbs, 28" waist, 40" hips, and 24" thighs. I wear a 8-12 depending on the brand. I only want to lose about 10 more pounds.

Oh, and yeah, I like my hips, because they are "me". My thighs on the other hand... eh, not my favorite.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I can't wear juniors sizes because of my hips. For me, they cut them WAY too narrow to accommodate my hips. My waist is a size 8, but with my hips -- I have to buy a size 10 and wear a belt. I've only found one or two brands where I can fit my hips into the size 8. Most of the time they are cut so narrow, I can't get them up all the way. :(
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    I am 5'7" and 150 lbs. I wear a size 12 and MIGHT be able to fit into a 10 now, haven't tried. I've seen posts where girls have the same height and weight as me yet wear a size 4 and 6. Damn hips!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    I don't mind having big hips but I hate the exaggerated pear shape I get when I gain weight. I've doing mostly interval and HIIT type workouts and happily my hips are 5.5" smaller than they were in June so I'm looking more X shaped now.:smile:
  • nnoifeld
    nnoifeld Posts: 116
    I've always had hips and a butt! I hate trying to find jeans that fit, becuase it's such a chore! There is always the gap in the back. I currently have a 33 inch waist and measure 47 inches around the hips. I am wearing 14-16, size pants. Even when I was 20 lbs smaller than I am now, I was wearing 10-12 pants! So the only thing I have to look forward to with my weight loss is just looking at less of me! No great drop in clothing sizes!
  • tdp575
    tdp575 Posts: 55
    I have huge hips lol I started at around a little over 45 inches and I'm barely 5'2. My hips have never been under 35 inches....and that's when I was 118lbs. I wore a size 7 at that weight due to them, but looked anorexic. I love my hips though =]
  • I'm a hippie also. at my smallest which was at least 30 years ago, I wore a size 6. I am now in a size 14. I am looking to wear 10-12 no smaller than that. My husband likes my hips and my apple bottom. He wouldn't mind if I stayed this size. I like my hips and butt I just want less of both.
  • ReddRidingHood
    ReddRidingHood Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 5'8" and I wear between a 9/10 to a 13 also. I prefer being curvy. I heard a radio DJ say the other day "no one has ever written a song about a girl with a small butt." With that statement I felt validated. LOL
  • I am there with you. The smallest that I remember being (outside of middle school) was a 12, and that was pre kids.

Honestly, I love my curves, it's just the rolls in between that I need to get rid of ;-)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    I've never seen someone "look anorexic" at a (American) size 6 or 8, although I've seen many women here claim that they do. Maybe this is unique to pear shapes, or pears with less muscular builds. I consider myself to have pretty wide hips, 37" as compared to a 24" waist at 5'5", and am starting to fit in to some (American) size 4s.

(edited for a typo)
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    I feel great to be blessed with a *kitten* like Jennifer Lopez's and hips that are 43" wide. I wear a size 15 in levi jeans. I haven't worn a size 9 since middle school and I don't intend on going back there. I wore a size 13 at the lowest in high school and I am near 10 years out of there. Every body is meant to be what that body was meant to be. I am happy to have clothes that fit me.
    I agree with ReddRidingHood, no one has ever made a song about a small booty.
  • LOL - I know that hips run in my family - I even see it in my daughters. My goal is to be 150 lbs and I'm pretty sure my hips will still keep me in the size 12 range. I remember when I was in high school I used to think I was fat, but I always had an hourglass figure - I look forward to getting it back! :smile:
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    HA! My mother always told me I had "child bearing hips"! I'm about as skinny as the doctor told me I should be, and I'm a 8/10.