Replies

• Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold
    Wow, keep the testosterone down guy, ofc it will

huh

what

keep your estrogen in check. I was joking. daenerys is a super boring character
    Yes, for YOU it is a boring character!! and your jokes suck ;)

For EVERYONE she is a boring character. Perhaps you should know what you're talking about before letting the insults fly.

Edit for clarification: she's fascinating in the first book and series. Not so much in the second book and series. And then......
    Righttt, i find it really fascinating that YOU can tell that for every person on the planet that watches the show find that character boring. Whatever man.

Which character are we talking bout?
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm a massive fan. I read the books years ago and got hooked on the TV series. Have to admit, I like most characters. The Starks, the Lannisters...it's all good by me.

Favourite characters:

Arya Stark
    Ned Stark
    Jaime Lannister
    Tyrion Lannister
    Daenerys
    Brienne

Okay, I like most characters and some I love to hate. The books a great, but they are heavy going with names and places... ;)
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well tbh it doesn' t matter which character because you can never state that everyone find any character boring but the character we were talking about was Daenerys Targaryen
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Well tbh it doesn' t matter which character because you can never state that everyone find any character boring but the character we were talking about was Daenerys Targaryen

Well, if I go by the books, She is one of the more interesting ones. Slower paced because it takes time for her to get around. Love Arya too.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    LOVE!!!
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for this season to see how they do the Red Wedding. Can't wait for that.

The title for season three finale is the Red Wedding! so excited! dances!

I cannot wait to watch Joffrey eat pie :heart:

I think that Joffrey won't eat his pie until the 4th season in the Purple Wedding. Book 3 is being split, so it seems that RW will be in one season and PW will be in the next. I completely dread one and can't wait for the other!
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Love the show. I'm halfway through the first book. So far the show pretty much follows it.

Does anyone know where in the books the show is up to?
  • cjrobot
    cjrobot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here is a preview chapter for Winds of Winter.
    It says at the top to be published in 2013, but that could just refer to the excerpt. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html
  • Ramoth48
    Ramoth48 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I watched the first 2 seasons and then read all the books. Having finished all the books I am now convinced that Martin hates each and every one of his fans. Also if the season finale is called the red wedding what are they gonna do with the rest of the book isn't that chapter only 3 queaters of the way through book 3

They're probably going to make the rest of book 3 into season 4. It doesn't have to be one book per season. They need to make each book a couple of seasons or the show will catch up to Martin's writing pace.....I've read that it will be 2014 before book 6 is release :(

l hate to burst everybody's bubble, but incase you've forgotten A Dance with Dragons was originally supposed to have come out in 2006, that was 6 years of waiting!!!!:cry: so going on that premise we're in it for the long haul!!! lol
  • Anna8706
    Anna8706 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Love the books, the show is pretty good too I wasn't disappointed for once. The actors do a really commendable job. Tired of George R.R. Martin not finishing the series fast enough. There was roughly a 4 year gap between when book 4 was released and book 5, way too long. Who knows when the story will end.

You should try reading the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series if you haven't already. Fourteen books, each 600-900 pages, and the final one just came out this week--the last 3 books were co-written with a second author because Jordan passed away in 2007 and left all his notes and recommendations to his wife (his editor) on who he wanted to finish the series in case he died before he was done! I've been waiting 2 years for the last book!

WOT is amazing I finished the last book (900pages) in 10 hours. BS did a really go job of finishing it

VERY impatiently waiting for my book in the mail!!! Cannot wait to finally finish so I can reread the whole series in one go without having to wait for one to come out. Another awesome, similar, series is the Swrod of Truth series.
  • Anna8706
    Anna8706 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Love the show. I'm halfway through the first book. So far the show pretty much follows it.

each season is supposed to be one book and this is season/book three that starts in march
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Love the books, the show is pretty good too I wasn't disappointed for once. The actors do a really commendable job. Tired of George R.R. Martin not finishing the series fast enough. There was roughly a 4 year gap between when book 4 was released and book 5, way too long. Who knows when the story will end.

You should try reading the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series if you haven't already. Fourteen books, each 600-900 pages, and the final one just came out this week--the last 3 books were co-written with a second author because Jordan passed away in 2007 and left all his notes and recommendations to his wife (his editor) on who he wanted to finish the series in case he died before he was done! I've been waiting 2 years for the last book!

WOT is amazing I finished the last book (900pages) in 10 hours. BS did a really go job of finishing it

VERY impatiently waiting for my book in the mail!!! Cannot wait to finally finish so I can reread the whole series in one go without having to wait for one to come out. Another awesome, similar, series is the Swrod of Truth series.

Same! It's going to be awesome actually reading WoT start to finish.

On the other hand, I don't see how Martin is ever going to finish this series. It's pretty obvious which characters are going to be used to wrap it up...but the last two books didn't even tie or bring together any major plot lines..if anything he extended and confused them further.
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    Been reading the books, but don't have HBO so I haven't seen the show yet. According to my kindle I'm 55% through book four. I really, really need to go rent the blu rays and see how they did. I hear the show is super close to the books so far.

I too want to see how the Red Wedding gets represented on film.

http://series-cravings.info/game-of-thrones-stream
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My husband and I actually love this book/show so much that we named our daughter Arya!
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love the books and the show! The name of my fantasy football team was Rhaego (The stallion who will mount the world.) and I used a picture of Khal-Drogo.

I saw the 1st season, then read books 1 and 2 before the 2nd season. I just finished reading 3 and 4. I think they do a great job following the books. I cannot wait for season 3!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Oh god, skimmed the posts because I didn't want further spoilers (I had parts of DwD spoiled, and I have about 300 pages left, so uuuuugh, DON'T WANT MORE SPOILED).

Like the show a bunch (theme is my ringtone), but the books are infinitely superior. Don't listen to haters; it's like HP. Everyone has their most and least favorite, though the quality is arguably pretty consistent. I feel the same way with ASOIAF so far; quality is the same, though each book is different in different ways. Lots of people weren't fans of the fourth book, but I LOVED how different it was from the others.

That being said, **** THE DAENERYS HATERS. SHE IS THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS. (I agree, she's borderline annoying on the show, but amazing in the books).
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

each season is supposed to be one book and this is season/book three that starts in march

Not correct. Season 3 will be part of the third book. Season 4 will be the rest. They are combining books 4 and 5, since they take place at the same time and will tell the story in order instead of backtracking.
    Another awesome, similar, series is the Swrod of Truth series.

As for Sword of Truth series, it was wonderful...until the last 3 books. Then he wanted to be the next Ayn Rand.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold
    Wow, keep the testosterone down guy, ofc it will

huh

what

keep your estrogen in check. I was joking. daenerys is a super boring character
    Yes, for YOU it is a boring character!! and your jokes suck ;)

For EVERYONE she is a boring character. Perhaps you should know what you're talking about before letting the insults fly.

Edit for clarification: she's fascinating in the first book and series. Not so much in the second book and series. And then......
    Righttt, i find it really fascinating that YOU can tell that for every person on the planet that watches the show find that character boring. Whatever man.

Why don't you get back to me after you've read all the books? Or even after the next series. Come back and profess your undying love then.

Exactly what did she do in S2 that you find so fascinating? "My dragons, my dragons" She was the first equivalent of Michael screaming "Waaaaaaalt" during the middle sessions on Lost
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I have the final book on hold at the library, as I just recently finished Book 13. It took me just about two years to read the entire series...but I read a lot of other stuff too.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I don't know the Sword Of Truth series at all, will have to check that out.