I Eat Fast Food and It's Ok

Options

Replies

• IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Let's see... I'm having a Five Guys cheeseburger (with extra cheese, of course) and fries for dinner tomorrow night. Will it fit my macros? Hellz, yeah!

Will I eat good, wholesome, healthy food the rest of the day before that? Of course!

Will I regret "ruining" my day with that burger and fries? Nope. 'Cause I'm not ruining anything.

Life is too short not to have tasty food once in a while. Better yet - every day :)
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Eating well is a holistic thing. I eat well. I also eat Egg McMuffin meals almost daily, and I had a Whopper w/ Cheese meal in the last week. Eating well and eating fast food are not mutually exclusive. That's the crux of the argument here.

for you.

everyone does it their own way. and there's nothing wrong with that.

however, as I mentioned, this is not the thread for that debate. You wanna have that argument, start your own.

DONE!

Come at me, bros.

But dude. Fo' realz...an egg mcmuffin is a pretty healthy thing to eat. It is fast. It is food. But it's not really fast food. I make the equivalent of it in my kitchen. It's like 300 calories or something.

Argument may be invalid?

- First bro to come at ya
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    McDonald's makes my diary no less than 5x each week....and I'm not taking about salads. Oh, and i eat an entire large sausage pizza at least once per week. Yet I'm keep losing weight. Seems that if i stay within my calories and macro goals i keep getting healthier.

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?

AND you have a six pack. I hope that guy who said you can't eat fast food every day and have a six pack would ogle your abs....
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    There are options that are not awful on the run.

Taco bell Fresco - plain burgers from random places......

I refuse to eat a McRib.....
  • chrissymcmurray
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Eating fast food for most of your meals is literally going to kill you from the inside out.
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    All the burgers! All the French fries! 184 to 162. And keeping muscle while doing it!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    While an elite pizza's cook time is roughly 90 seconds, depending on oven and style,I do not consider it fast food.

Agreed. 'Fast' is all-encompassing. It's made fast, goes down fast, and usually comes out fast :bigsmile:
  • kikilita
    kikilita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LOL! I did laugh when I saw this thread; this is pretty hilarious!! Trying to quit, but not gonna kill myself if I'm craving a fast food hamburger every now and then.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Eating well is a holistic thing. I eat well. I also eat Egg McMuffin meals almost daily, and I had a Whopper w/ Cheese meal in the last week. Eating well and eating fast food are not mutually exclusive. That's the crux of the argument here.

for you.

everyone does it their own way. and there's nothing wrong with that.

however, as I mentioned, this is not the thread for that debate. You wanna have that argument, start your own.

DONE!

Come at me, bros.

But dude. Fo' realz...an egg mcmuffin is a pretty healthy thing to eat. It is fast. It is food. But it's not really fast food. I make the equivalent of it in my kitchen. It's like 300 calories or something.

Argument may be invalid?

450 for the sandwich (sausage & egg mcmuffin is my brand) + 150 for the hash browns = 600.

My whopper meal was 1110, which includes ketchup for the fries. I don't know exactly why but I consider The Whopper to be a delicacy. It is one fine example of a burger. (not being sarcastic).
  • Shanni827
    Shanni827 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    In moderation McDonald's is fine! I had half an egg McMuffin this morning, and a slice of pizza for dinner! I'm still with in my calorie budget and I'm losing weight! I hate the food police on here!
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!!!! and My weight loss and Health show that I'm doing just fine....About to eat a Snickers bar right now ;)
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Argument may be invalid?

450 for the sandwich (sausage & egg mcmuffin is my brand) + 150 for the hash browns = 600.

My whopper meal was 1110, which includes ketchup for the fries. I don't know exactly why but I consider The Whopper to be a delicacy. It is one fine example of a burger. (not being sarcastic).

Well if you add the hashbrowns.... :grumble:

I, personally, have never been one for fast food. And I can't do every day indulgences.

I take the "I don't always eat __________, but when I do I eat a F***ing ton of it!" approach.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Eating fast food for most of your meals is literally going to kill you from the inside out.

What you eat does not determine when you die.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Agreed. If most of your meals are fast food, I believe you may be hard pressed to make sound macros and you would almost certainly develop some sort of vitamin deficiency.

This thread was (obviously) kind of a backlash against the binary way of thinking of "fast food is bad for you, period".
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food when I'm on the go! Its calories and macros, and if they are a little off, so be it.

tumblr_mfzsaqZqQP1ru4dhlo1_500.jpg
  • chrissymcmurray
    Options

What you eat does not determine when you die.

It absolutely contributes to how long you will live. The number one thing kill American's today, Obesity.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    DONE!

Come at me, bros.
    :laugh:

You haven't lived until you've tried Mary Browns Chicken Fingers <3
  • crat77
    crat77 Posts: 8
    Options
    McDs
    Arby's
    Penn Station (hot subs)
    Skyline Chili (Cincinnati style)
    Wendy's
    KFC
    Buffalo Wings & Rings
    BBQ Ribs & Chicken

All apart of my regular diet. I just don't eat them as often as I think I want them.
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Let's see... I'm having a Five Guys cheeseburger (with extra cheese, of course) and fries for dinner tomorrow night. Will it fit my macros? Hellz, yeah!

Will I eat good, wholesome, healthy food the rest of the day before that? Of course!

Will I regret "ruining" my day with that burger and fries? Nope. 'Cause I'm not ruining anything.

Life is too short not to have tasty food once in a while. Better yet - every day :)

EXACTLY. It won't kill you to indulge every once in awhile. I eat out a few times per month, and I don't feel horrible about it like I used to. The last time I tried (and failed) to "diet", I ate nothing but leafy-soy-tofu things, and got so demotivated and sick of living that way that I ended up quitting trying to lose weight at all. At that point, I figured I'd rather be the fat and happy chick on the beach eating icecream than the thinner one in the bikini that wished more than anything that she could eat an icecream without ruining her diet..... then I realized that I could do BOTH.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Those kids are definitely in a calorie surplus. tsk tsk
    They're just in a bulking phase. They'll cut next week.