Women does your Husbands /Spouse /Boyfriend???

Options
1Pretty_Busy_Mom
1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
Why are our men so addicted to video games?? Ugh my husband will stay up all night watching online movies and playing video games. He will fall asleep on the sofa with the game controller in his hand and wake up EARLY IN THE DARN morning PLAYING AGAIN. What the heck!!! Why?? Why?? Why??...and Omg if I ask something I'm totally ignored unless its "Honey are you hungry"

Why what I say to him alway differs from what he hears??
Why do men always seem CLUELESS?
Why when we are lost (say for instance traveling) Men never want to stop for directions?? We ride around for hours LOST!!
Is it just my man or ALL MEN feel like they can fix anything without reading a manual /blueprint/directions??
Why do men think they DRIVE better than WOMEN?? I drive just fine 1 ticket no seatbelt. Now my hubby LOL..let's just say his license has lots of points..lol

Have you ever said "honey we need to talk" and your man looks like he is terrified. Lol Why?? Lol
Do you talk and your man just stares with a dumb look on his face??? Clueless ..Omg Why??
FOOTBALL, SEX, FOOD the 3 things that get your mans FULL ATTENTION??
My pastor said statistics say Men think about SEX every 14sec...Omg Why??
Kids say the darnest things..Why do men sometimes say the Dumbest things?
Are Men really from Mars??
I could go on and on with the why?why?why?
Even with all the Whys? My man is still handsome, loving, caring, funny, sensitive, understanding, hardworking provider, protector, dad..that LOVES HIS FAMILY UNCONDITIONALLY.
Feel free to ask your WHYs or Answer some..and feel free to add me Good Day

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    We are from Mars, the only purpose of talking is to either give or ask information, not yakking away about babies, clothes, food, what I am thinking about, how do you look, does my *kitten* look big in this? etc

The last question will always never get an honest answer, so do not bother asking it

PS we do not "do" subtlety, and "body language", if you have something to say, FFS say it, don't skirt around it hoping we will cotton one, we will not
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I actually had a talk with my hubby about computer games the other night - he'd gotten into that pattern you described where he played nonstop, didn't come to bed, etc. I was feeling pretty resentful after a while, and lonely, too. I told him how it made me feel, and he's been better since. I'm not at all asking him NOT to play, but to please balance it out better with time AWAY from the computer, too. He was cool with it, but it did take me actually starting up the conversation and getting his attention. :p
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    I actually had a talk with my hubby about computer games the other night - he'd gotten into that pattern you described where he played nonstop, didn't come to bed, etc. I was feeling pretty resentful after a while, and lonely, too. I told him how it made me feel,

Yeah, I do sometimes feel lonely and resentful and sometimes neglected. I know he doesn't mean it but I wish he would do better. Maybe I should hide the playstation..Lol
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    We are from Mars, the only purpose of talking is to either give or ask information, not yakking away about babies, clothes, food, what I am thinking about, how do you look, does my *kitten* look big in this? etc

We ask those questions because WE REALLY WANT TO KNOW.. Does my azz really look fat in this dress? Do you like my hair up or down? Red heels are black heels? We value your opinions..
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I guess i'm just lucky with who I ended up with.

He does play video games, but so do I. Neither of us are addicted. We know when to turn it off and everything else comes first.

I'm usually the one that gets lost driving. I refuse to stop for directions. Thank jeebus for GPS.

If I tell him we need to talk he says "ok" and doesn't give me weird looks like he's scared.

He's honest when I ask him a question. If I ask if my *kitten* looks big he'll tell me the truth. I have no *kitten* though and want it to look big so he usually tells me if it looks small. But I never really even ask that question.

He fully accepts that I am a complete ***** most of the time.

EDIT: Also what's wrong with thinking about sex so much? I think about it constantly. Sex is a beautiful thing when you are with the right person.
  • bramley1911
    bramley1911 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I actually had a talk with my hubby about computer games the other night - he'd gotten into that pattern you described where he played nonstop, didn't come to bed, etc. I was feeling pretty resentful after a while, and lonely, too. I told him how it made me feel, and he's been better since. I'm not at all asking him NOT to play, but to please balance it out better with time AWAY from the computer, too. He was cool with it, but it did take me actually starting up the conversation and getting his attention. :p

I've been in the same position. My boyfriend would quite happily spend all day every day playing games if he could. I would never tell him to stop playing games, because that's what he loves, but I did mention that he was making me feel a bit second-best and he cut back on the time he spent playing. He was happy to do that if it made me happy, but he did ask for me to be a bit more interested in what he was doing. Turns out, some of the games he was playing were actually really good and he converted me into playing them with him. Means we get to spend time together doing something we both enjoy, without him having to cut back on the amount of time he spends away from his computer.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    When the recycling bin is full WHY does he pile more things on top so they fall out on the floor?

When the recycling bin is empty WHY does he leave things on the worktop above the empty bin?

WHY can't he see what he's looking for when it's right in front of him?

WHY does he leave his sliding door on the wardrobe open, meaning I have to shut his then open mine to get to my clothes?

WHY do I get his full attention when I mention anything to do with sex...OK I know the answer to this one lol!!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options

I'm usually the one that gets lost driving. I refuse to stop for directions.

He's honest when I ask him a question. If I ask if my *kitten* looks big he'll tell me the truth. I have no *kitten* though and want it to look big so he usually tells me if it looks small. But I never really even ask that question.

EDIT: Also what's wrong with thinking about sex so much? I think about it constantly. Sex is a beautiful thing when you are with the right person.

You too seem perfect for each other..now word of advice STOP FOR DIRECTIONS..and nothing is wrong with SEX I just don't think about it every 14sec. Lol..and if I can get him off the video game maybe I can hmmmmm....gonna leave it at that. Lol
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    OP, that is really tragic, because not only he is missing out on family but family is missing out on him - kids does not have dad, nor wife has a husband. He is just not there, though his body is. Any addiction is an awful disease to our life, it takes away ability to live the life in fullest. I pray that his mind and spirit wakes up from this addition and re realizes what he is doing.

Can you have a honest conversation with him, ask him to limit time he spends on games? If he spends 10 hours per day on games and 0 hours on wife and kids there is a serious problem. Ask him to go to counseling. Maybe set a month of fasting all media for the whole family, and just spend time together with each other. That works miracles.

He provides for family, yes. But that is our obligation as adults. Why does it has become like an extraordinary thing nowadays. God first, spouse after that and kids, then the rest. If he provides food but does not give his time to you, he is just barely making the minimum he can. he needs to be the man God created to be and step up, kick out to what is robbing his family of God's full blessings.

My heart goes out to you and kids, because obviously he does not realize that he is destroying family with his addiction.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    When the recycling bin is full WHY does he pile more things on top so they fall out on the floor?

When the recycling bin is empty WHY does he leave things on the worktop above the empty bin?

WHY does he leave his sliding door on the wardrobe open, meaning I have to shut his then open mine to get to my clothes?

WHY do I get his full attention when I mention anything to do with sex...OK I know the answer to this one lol!!

??Are you seeing MY HUSBAND?? LOL
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    My husband plays on the computer a little more than I like..OK, often a LOT. It often feels like he gets home, sits at the computer till dinner, goes back to the computer till 10 or 11.
    Used to be later, but he's learned I am more fun in bed when I am still awake...

And I have noticed it goes in cycles. When the job is getting stressful he plays on the computer more. And his job is often stressful
    But he also plays computer games with our boys. Father son time is important. Today he will be cleaning out the garage so he can work on making leather armor with the 16 yr old and take apart old TVs for laser projects with the 17 year old.

Sometimes I have to kinda make things happen/steer things in a certain direction... Plan fun outings, encourage the kids to get his help on projects...

Yesterday I sent him an email at work inviting him to go out for drinks with me after dinner. The email 8 sent was .. " wanna take me out for drinks tonight?"... The email response I got was , " ... Also, I am coming home early to clean the garage."

Apparently the "Yes!!" Email got reprinted... Seriously. It was funny. 2 hours later, after I was thinking my husband might have Alzheimer's, the email ca,e in that had the 'yes. response and it was time stamped before the 'clean the garage email"

A couple years ago, I got a sitter for the kids and my husband came home to an empty house with a map and a note to meet me.
    We wives gotta do things to keep the marriage fun and different. Give them a reason to want to come to bed before midnight. >winks<
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

He does play video games, but so do I. Neither of us are addicted. We know when to turn it off and everything else comes first.

Same here, im more of a gamer than Hubby is, but we both play a lot, so does our teenage daughter. So it works out. I dont think id have married someone who wasnt a gamer or very understanding bout that being my entertainment. Its horrible if you have someone who doesnt play or take the time to understand its your relax time.

Seen and know too many ppl who have marriage issues because of this. If they sit down for 10 mins to do something gamewise, then the spouse needs something or interrupts. Its a major stress if your spouse isnt into the same things as you.
  • Sujit8383
    Sujit8383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    @ ts

don't make carpet statements..........n don't generalize..........
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

THIS! It is uncanny how often both my BF and my exhusband were completely unable to find something that was literally right in front of them! I have the world's most terrible memory and it would take me all of 2.5 seconds to find it, while they just stood there dumbfounded!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend was & still is exactly like that. Games were priority...even after I had a few talks with him. So I ended it!! (there were obviously other reasons as well).
  • flyzip
    flyzip Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Total baloney!! I take considerable offense to your allegations that all men are like yours!! In our house, I'm the one who takes out the garbage, takes out the recycling, do half the cooking, and make the shopping list and share trips to the grocery store (yeah, carry the bags too).
    As for video games, what is the fun of playing alone? My wife and I usually play together...many times all night long...then off to work. And we do it again the next evening.
    I think you need to focus on the good qualities you mentioned.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

So you think about him while getting dressed...??

I have no answers for the other. My boys are the same. Not realizing the trash is overflowing and the item they threw away fell...not seeing the item they are looking for on the floor/desk right in front of them.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    OP, that is really tragic, because not only he is missing out on family but family is missing out on him - kids does not have dad, nor wife has a husband. He is just not there, though his body is. Any addiction is an awful disease to our life, it takes away ability to live the life in fullest. I pray that his mind and spirit wakes up from this addition and re realizes what he is doing.

Can you have a honest conversation with him, ask him to limit time he spends on games? If he spends 10 hours per day on games and 0 hours on wife and kids there is a serious problem. Ask him to go to counseling. Maybe set a month of fasting all media for the whole family, and just spend time together with each other. That works miracles.

My heart goes out to you and kids, because obviously he does not realize that he is destroying family with his addiction.

Okay, its not that serious..I'm exaggerating because he works evening shifts I work morning..so when I get off he is already gone and when he gets off I'm already in bed asleep. So I see him during the week before work and we have lunch together everyday. Now getting him to come straight to bed after work, umm sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. We're both off on weekends so if he wants to play his game or do nothing at all that's fine. We do lots together and nothing is perfect but we are okay. We recently with to a couples seminar. We laughed and talked. Enjoyed the poetry night, live jazz band and covered different topics about being married. I just thought these were some funny questions ALL WOMEN probably wanted to ask.
  • Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My Fiance' is a gamer, but so am I. I met him in a game 8 years ago. We used to play too much now we play in moderation. I am glad we share interests, I cannot imagine being separate in our winding down/relaxation time.

As for sex, I think about it a lot more than he does. Ohh if only he thought about sex every 14 seconds. /sigh

Getting lost and asking for directions, we got a gps. YAY for GPS!
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Well, I dont know why. haha. Mine is a gamer but we made rules when we first moved in together that his games wouldnt come before kids or or our marriage, meaning that I would not under any circumstances be the poor woman chasing after toddlers while trying to make dinner and he's playing WOW. I am very very insistent on this and we have never had a problem. He doesn't like football so biggie there and with GPS who has to ask for directions lol. He does however take 45 minutes in the bathroom all of time. That drives me INSANE.. WTH is that about?? I could never take that long or he would be banging on the door. Also, men only think about sex every seconds??? With him its on his mind constantly with no break.