Women does your Husbands /Spouse /Boyfriend???

Options

Replies

• 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    After reading this I have decided I must be male because I exhibit so many of the little 'male attributes' you've just listed.

Damn.

Lol..too funny
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    This thread really made me laugh.

Im glad im not the only one. My other half plays computer games, although not half as much as he did when i first met him, Usually we watch a film together instead.

But he has a really odd sleeping pattern that gets to me sometimes as when im ready to go to bed he's still wide awake and falls asleep on the sofa and comes to bed the next time he wakes up or sometimes not at all. Can get quite lonely sometimes.

Glad I made somebody laugh..lol..
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my husband of 20 years doesn't have any of those bad habits.

Look at it this way. It could be much worse. He could be boozing it up in front of the TV or video games cussing falling down drunk or sitting at a bar.

I would simply ask him to try and spend a little less time with the games and more time with you. Maybe plan a movie night together. Have him go with you to pick out the movie and then watch it together. It may not be the kind of movie you like most of the time but it will get him away from the games and doing something with you.

Or plan day trips together to get him out of the house and away from all of the games.

I know guys who think they're the perfect husband because they never leave the house but they don't realize part of the problem is that they never leave the house. They don't do anything period! Their wives complain constantly that the guy sits in front of the boob tube all day with one hand on the remote and the other holding a beer.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    pause....you are going to need to shorten that opening statement up....play....and yes, i would like a sandwich...thank you.

Lol..anything for you dear..Would that be all? Lol
  • sirabbadon
    sirabbadon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    >>Why what I say to him alway differs from what he hears??

Because you probably try to use implication and innuendo in your statements. Be clear, concise, and succinct.

>>Why do men always seem CLUELESS?

Because you probably value and are thinking about things that he don't care about as much, or at all, and expecting him to care about those things in the same way is not realistic. He is not you.

>>Why when we are lost (say for instance traveling) Men never want to stop for directions?? We ride around for hours LOST!!

Asking for help is admitting failure and the inability to provide for and protect your woman like you ought to be able to do. But seriously, who doesn't have GPS or google maps on their phone?

>>Is it just my man or ALL MEN feel like they can fix anything without reading a manual /blueprint/directions??

We can. Most things are not so complicated that directions are required to understand them. Part of the fun of those projects is the discover and planning. The end result may not be half the fun that the journey is.

>>Why do men think they DRIVE better than WOMEN?? I drive just fine 1 ticket no seatbelt. Now my hubby LOL..let's just say his license has lots of points..lol

Number of tickets and ability to drive are not equal. The number of tickets means that he has violated the law, probably by driving too fast. However, has he been in accidents, or caused them? Does he cut people off because he was not paying attention? Is he driving under the speed limit, blocking traffic in the fast lane, or generally not aware of his surroundings because he is talking on his cell phone or to people in the vehicle? Is he passive and generally afraid to make the necessary maneuvers required to drive efficiently without causing other people to brake? These are things that make a driver bad, male or female. Number of tickets is merely the violation of some arbitrary law created by some empty suit who is probably just as bad a driver and is too scared to actually drive. If he gets in a lot of accidents, I have no defense for him.

>>Have you ever said "honey we need to talk" and your man looks like he is terrified. Lol Why?? Lol

Because women use that phrase to prepare their man for some bombshell that he didn't see coming. (see answer two above)

>>Do you talk and your man just stares with a dumb look on his face??? Clueless ..Omg Why??

See answer two above. Also, maybe the things you are saying/asking leave him no good options, and silence is the best policy, one of self preservation.

>>FOOTBALL, SEX, FOOD the 3 things that get your mans FULL ATTENTION??

Because men are very simple creatures. We are competitive (sports/games) and like to win. The highest expression of love and respect for a man is when his woman sexes him up. Your words don't mean anything if your actions deny that which he identifies as the paramount expression of your love and devotion. Low blood sugar means a cranky person. A full stomach spikes the blood sugar and insulin response, leaving a person in a slightly euphoric state. It comes down the simplicity of men. If we feel like MEN, and shown that our woman respects us as a MAN, and we have a full stomach, we are content. Why reject such a simple playbook for ensuring contentedness in the home? If you value the things he does, and consistently show him that, he may surprise you by reciprocating with things that you value (assuming he's not a completely useless man-child).

>>My pastor said statistics say Men think about SEX every 14sec...Omg Why??

Ask God, not us. He designed the male system, with its hormones and desires. Instead of thinking, "My God, I have sex with him X times a week, isn't that enough?!" ... Take on the attitude, "I will give him more sex than he can handle..." Seriously, who turns down free orgasms anyway, male or female?

>>Kids say the darnest things..Why do men sometimes say the Dumbest things?

See answer two above.

>>Even with all the Whys? My man is still handsome, loving, caring, funny, sensitive, understanding, hardworking provider, protector, dad..that LOVES HIS FAMILY UNCONDITIONALLY.

Sounds like he's doing just fine. Do you want a man, or another woman? If you want a woman, maybe you should investigate becoming a lesbian. Otherwise, accept your man as he is and stop trying to change him, trying to wrestle control for everything and control and plan every situation. Support him in the things he values, make sure he's fed, clean underwear in the drawer, and routinely put him in a sex coma. Use sex as a reward, not the lack of it as a punishment. If he does something you like, jump his bones and then afterward when he asks, "what was that about," you say, "you did such and such, and if really turned me on." If you do these simple things, you might be surprised at how he responds and steps up; again, assuming you have a MAN, and not a lemon.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Thankfully my husband of 20 years doesn't have any of those bad habits.

Look at it this way. It could be much worse.
    Or plan day trips together to get him out of the house and away from all of the games.

Lol..we have date night, family fun night, movie night. We take day trips, spring break vacations summer trips all the above. He does not drink or smoke and works fulltime..sooo if when he is off he wants to play his game and fall asleep playing it THEN SO BE IT! LOL
    Thanks for the feedback
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options

Because you probably try to use implication and innuendo in your statements. Be clear, concise, and succinct.

Because you probably value and are thinking about things that he don't care about as much, or at all, and expecting him to care about those things in the same way is not realistic. He is not you.

>>Why when we are lost (say for instance traveling) Men never want to stop for directions?? We ride around for hours LOST!!

Asking for help is admitting failure and the inability to provide for and protect your woman like you ought to be able to do. But seriously, who doesn't have GPS or google maps on their phone?

>>Is it just my man or ALL MEN feel like they can fix anything without reading a manual /blueprint/directions??

We can. Most things are not so complicated that directions are required to understand them. Part of the fun of those projects is the discover and planning. The end result may not be half the fun that the journey is.

>>Why do men think they DRIVE better than WOMEN?? I drive just fine 1 ticket no seatbelt. Now my hubby LOL..let's just say his license has lots of points..lol

Number of tickets and ability to drive are not equal. The number of tickets means that he has violated the law, probably by driving too fast. However, has he been in accidents, or caused them? Does he cut people off because he was not paying attention? Is he driving under the speed limit, blocking traffic in the fast lane, or generally not aware of his surroundings because he is talking on his cell phone or to people in the vehicle? Is he passive and generally afraid to make the necessary maneuvers required to drive efficiently without causing other people to brake? These are things that make a driver bad, male or female. Number of tickets is merely the violation of some arbitrary law created by some empty suit who is probably just as bad a driver and is too scared to actually drive. If he gets in a lot of accidents, I have no defense for him.

>>Have you ever said "honey we need to talk" and your man looks like he is terrified. Lol Why?? Lol

Because women use that phrase to prepare their man for some bombshell that he didn't see coming. (see answer two above)

>>Do you talk and your man just stares with a dumb look on his face??? Clueless ..Omg Why??

See answer two above. Also, maybe the things you are saying/asking leave him no good options, and silence is the best policy, one of self preservation.

Because men are very simple creatures. We are competitive (sports/games) and like to win. The highest expression of love and respect for a man is when his woman sexes him up. Your words don't mean anything if your actions deny that which he identifies as the paramount expression of your love and devotion. Low blood sugar means a cranky person. A full stomach spikes the blood sugar and insulin response, leaving a person in a slightly euphoric state. It comes down the simplicity of men. If we feel like MEN, and shown that our woman respects us as a MAN, and we have a full stomach, we are content. Why reject such a simple playbook for ensuring contentedness in the home? If you value the things he does, and consistently show him that, he may surprise you by reciprocating with things that you value (assuming he's not a completely useless man-child).

Ask God, not us. He designed the male system, with its hormones and desires. Instead of thinking, "My God, I have sex with him X times a week, isn't that enough?!" ... Take on the attitude, "I will give him more sex than he can handle..." Seriously, who turns down free orgasms anyway, male or female?

See answer two above.

>>Even with all the Whys? My man is still handsome, loving, caring, funny, sensitive, understanding, hardworking provider, protector, dad..that LOVES HIS FAMILY UNCONDITIONALLY.

Sounds like he's doing just fine. Do you want a man, or another woman? If you want a woman, maybe you should investigate becoming a lesbian. Otherwise, accept your man as he is and stop trying to change him, trying to wrestle control for everything and control and plan every situation. Support him in the things he values, make sure he's fed, clean underwear in the drawer, and routinely put him in a sex coma. Use sex as a reward, not the lack of it as a punishment. If he does something you like, jump his bones and then afterward when he asks, "what was that about," you say, "you did such and such, and if really turned me on." If you do these simple things, you might be surprised at how he responds and steps up; again, assuming you have a MAN, and not a lemon.
  • dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OMG im laughin my behind off right now because I thought my husband was the only one.. He does the exact same thing. He will play his video games 24 hours a day if you let him.. He works offshore for two weeks at a time so the entire 2 weeks he is home thats all he does.. he doesnt even get out of bed unless he has to go to the bathroom.. and I know I kinda enable him because I wait on him hand and foot.. But as soon as he wakes up the xbox turns on and he will fall asleep with it in going and heaven forbid I wake up and turn it off.. I always get this "I havent saved it yet now im going to have to do it all again!!" My response is always well if you would have saved it and turned it off at a decent time you wouldnt have to do it all over again.. I guess I rather him play video games here all the time than be doin stuff I dont like..
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I ask "why's" all the time too :) I do wish my hubby would help me more - but no one is perfect. He works hard and long hours and pays the bills - I do everything else - literally. I make his lunch everyday, do laundry, clean, take care of kids, cook dinner every night, shopping, taking out the garbage, pretty much everything but bring home money and pay the bills. But I also stay home - although I did the same when I worked out of the home too. My hubby has had his moments when he is completely engulfed in the video games although it only lasts a little while, usually until the novelty wears off. And I am sure that I do things that drive him a bit crazy as well. No two people are the same and if everyone was alike, the world would be a pretty boring place. You just have to find someone that suits you and know how to "agree to disagree". We have been married for 20 years and counting.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options

See answer two above.

Actually he has no accidents..he says I drive too slow (the kids agree) I say he drives too fast. You took time to answer every single Why? Lol..Thanks makes perfectly good sense. Yes I have a MAN, lol..no desire for a woman..and he is AMAZING video games, handyman, before the GPS..and all! Thanks for the feedback
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    OMG im laughin my behind off right now because I thought my husband was the only one.. He does the exact same thing. He will play his video games 24 hours a day if you let him.. He works offshore for two weeks at a time so the entire 2 weeks he is home thats all he does.. he doesnt even get out of bed unless he has to go to the bathroom.. and I know I kinda enable him because I wait on him hand and foot.. But as soon as he wakes up the xbox turns on and he will fall asleep with it in going and heaven forbid I wake up and turn it off.. I always get this "I havent saved it yet now im going to have to do it all again!!" My response is always well if you would have saved it and turned it off at a decent time you wouldnt have to do it all over again.. I guess I rather him play video games here all the time than be doin stuff I dont like..

Does that make him a bad husband?? Nope probably not!! Lol..and I have 3 boys they all playing the games.lol
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness NO. Hubby is not a gamer and I'm glad for it. I have several friends who's hubbys/boyfriends come home and sit in front of the TV or Computer and play games late into the night. Even one friend who's hubby has called in sick to work to play a tournament... and they have 5 kids to support.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing the Wii or Playstation once in a while. Hubby and I both enjoy a "Rock Band" jam session. But it's one evening, once in a while.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    You just have to find someone that suits you and know how to "agree to disagree". We have been married for 20 years and counting.

Congrats on the 20yrs. My husband works hard to provide..that man is at work when he is suppose to be, and home everynight! ! He does not hang out with the homies, drink or smoke. So if he wants to.play his games, get lost driving, fall asleep on the sofa etc.etc.etc.its alright nor is it the end of the world or mean that I have a bad marriage..it just means that we have something to laugh and talk about later.. Thanks for the feedback
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Actually he has no accidents..he says I drive too slow (the kids agree) I say he drives too fast.
    Same here. I say he drives too fast (and doesn't signal or change lanes like the drivers manual,says to..LOL), he says I drive too slow....
    But he's not caused an accident the 21yrs we've been married.
    Neither have I. So I guess we are both fine.
    I close my eyes when he drives sometimes. And always when he's parking.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well my husband works for a company who makes all those dreaded video games so I would like to personally thank all those gamers out there for putting my son through college.

To the OP; I know this was supposed to be a "fun" lighthearted thread, but as women we too often ask questions we already know the answer to....men do these things because they can and we still love them.

Kelly
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    When my partner gets in this mode, I catch him when he isn't playing and let him know that I really want to do X together today. If X is flexible, like a hike, I ask if he wants to play first or hike first. If he wants to play first, I ask him to set a time. If it isn't flexible, like a party, I remind him when it starts and what time I would like to leve the house. As the time approaches, I give him a one hour warning, so that he can wrap up what he is doing, a half hour warning, so that he remembers that time does actually move forward while he is gaming, and a ten minute warning because he needs that much time to log off, grab a snack because he forgot to eat lunch, and get his shoes on.

If it isn't important to me, I jst let him have at it. The games really are fun and I have my own hobbies.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    My wife cured me of that years ago. I came home from work one day and the computer was gone. She put it at the bottom of the stairs in the basement with a note on it that said..."if you bring this back up stairs we're getting a divorce. We are still married...Happily I'll add, and I now balance my time better.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I usually get my work done and let him play video games or watch netflix in the morning but we always set a scheduled time aside, once the kids are in bed we watch movies together till we decide to go to sleep so that way we still get our time in together. I guess I'm lucky though he is good about talking to me whatever he's doing. During football though or hockey he is pretty fixed on that.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I get that this is a fun & games thread...

But damn I appreciate my husband more after reading these comments.

A little stereotypical in here, no?
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My last boyfriend was that way. He was a great guy and always too busy to bother with a relationship. When I confronted him about the problem he said "We will spend time together when we are older." He was very serious and felt that was reasonable. LOL

Hmm, I didn't fell like waiting around and happily single now.