Coffee Lovers....

Options
14567810»

Replies

• llynn19
    llynn19 Posts: 13
    Options
    Fresh ground coffee in a French press is the best. I found if the coffee beans are good then I was able to drink it black instead of a double double. That cinnamon and black coffee sounded cool too :) I'll try it this morning.
  • nostrokeforme
    Options
    I have cut out all artificial sweeteners and sugar. I factor in one of my servings of milk and use that in my coffee. Three cups skim milk = 90 calories. 2% = 120 It took a while to be get used to the taste since I was used to diet pop and Splenda, but now I enjoy it just as much. On my journey to this point, I did try adding a teaspoon of honey for sweetness (adds 16 calories/cup of coffee)
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I use a cup and a half of vanilla almond milk. (135 calories) with 6 shots of home brewed espresso every morning. Don't need to add anything else, dump the whole thing in a 30 ounce cup. (I have a ton of Starbucks trente cups I reuse for this). It pretty much takes care of both my calcium needs and my caffeine wants for the day.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Always been black. :wink:
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've been eperimenting with lots of different flavored coffee since I got my new Keurig single serve . . . My new favorites are white chocolate mint and caramel :) A tip that I got from one of the forum boards (I can't remember who suggested it, or I would give them the credit :)) is to mix 1 cup of skim milk with a scoop vanilla protein powder and use that as coffee creamer when I want a creamy coffee . . . Soooo delish and it's helped me up my protein!
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My local health food store sells all-natural, flavored Stevia drops - chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, cinnamon, etc. My daughter likes them, I've never tried them.

I'm trying a Primal diet plan so I'm weaning myself away from my daily cappuccino w/ 2% milk (made at home.) Americanos are my usual morning thing now :(
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking coffee cuz I was too addicted. I had to have a cup as soon as I got up. Although I only drank 2 cups a day, I felt the compulsion that I NEEDED a cup to function was not healthy. Last night I drank a cup of tea at 10pm and I was up until 2 am staring at the ceiling. I want a cup of coffee today but I know it'll be back to craving it again.

But, I love the taste and was drinking it with one spenda and 1% fat milk.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    How do you make your coffee part of your plan?

I personally use 2 tbsp of the flavored creamers (yes, I know they aren't great for you...but baby steps!!). Then I add a bit of fat free milk. No sugar or substitute for me :) So one cup of coffee is about 80 cals for me and I work that in my plan daily (today I am working on my 2nd cup).

What about you?

Drink it black ...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Two cups of coffee a day, in the morning, 4.8 calories. Two teaspoons sugar, 30 calories. It isn't great nutrition because of the sugar, but it is my desire to spend my calories this way. I always eat healthy meals. Coffee in moderation is good for you.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'm not concerned with fat being in my milk but I hate cream with a passion (but can handle the powdered coffee mate flavored stuff). If my only choice was plain anything I'd just drink it black. Otherwise I drink lattes and sometimes add protein powder
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    black coffee with stevia.
  • xbleedingxglitterx
    Options
    I drink my coffee black 95% of the time. The only time that I do use creamers of any kind is when the pumpkin spice one is available!
  • Sweetlace7
    Options
    I add one ( sometimes 2 ) International Delight French Vanilla creamers ( singles) and a splash of Silk Almond Milk. Love it!!
  • FullSpectrum1
    FullSpectrum1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I must have my double americano with cane sugar, half&half and cinnamon during the work week. Weekends its fresh groung french press with a flavored non dairy creamer and a pinch of hot pepper. International makes a vanilla heat that is just sooo goood.
  • dakotal12
    Options
    all black. Gotta learn to love the boldness, then you can have as much as you want :) i have about 1-3 cups a day and i think black is calorie free. Folgers is my personal favorite.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Flavored creamer and sweet n low! There is no way I could give up my flavored creamers! I have at least 2-3 in my fridge all the time.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use two pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup, one tbsp of coffee creamer and a quarter cup of steamed soy milk. Soooo good!