any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options
I see a lot of before and after pics of younger women..and they are beautiful! just wondering how much a woman's over 50 body can change! My over 50 body certainly has changed..but not for the better :( ! thanks!

Replies

• 608peg
    608peg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am soon to be 65 and dropped 22 pounds last year by exercising (walking with some jogging) but managed to pick up about 6 thru the holidays eating tons os goodies and whatever I wanted. So yes it can be done. I had to be careful not to drop my calories too low and almost always netted at least 1200.

Good Luck on doing this.
  • joanneg572
    joanneg572 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Joanneweightloss_zpsa2d88d2d.jpg
    Hi Mel!
    I'm Joanne (55). I've yoyo-ed with the same 60 lbs most of my adult life.
    The picture on the left was taken 7 years ago.
    I'm now 40 pounds less, and altho I have wrinkles and flabby skin, I "feel" stronger and more "alive" than any other time in my life!
    I may not look great on the outside, but maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle is worth so much more.
    Blessings on your journey!
    Jo
  • rosehettig
    rosehettig Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rose and I am looking to meet ladies 55 and older, I am 62 and will be 63 in May. I see many stories of younger women with they're weight loss and love reading them and seeing the pictures however I would love to see how older people have lost their weight. I have lost 12 to 14 pounds but can't seem to loose more. I am not sure who will see this and if you do joanneg572 I think you look great!!!
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic Jo!
  • swillybay
    swillybay Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Joanne, you are an inspiration, and you DO look great on the outside! I'm an over 50 and just starting on my program to lose 15 lbs., and, like I said, you are an inspiration to me!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds in 30 weeks, went from a tight 14 to a loose 10, and lost 4" on my hips, 5" on my waist and my bra size went up (bigger cup, smaller band). My BMI went from 27 to 22. I'm now the same weight I was in my 20's and expect to hit the same weight I was when I graduated from college within the month.

I cannot even tell you how much better I feel and LOOK. I went from okay to good to all of a sudden I look SKINNY. In fact, I am thinner now than I was at the same weight in my 20's. (I have pictures to prove it.)

And yes, tomorrow is my 54th birthday.

You can do it! My only regret is that it took me until 53 to make my first try at weight loss.

The two things that got my started were trying to avoid the diabetes that runs in my family and the fact that all the gorgeous older women I see are thin, thin, thin. I didn't want to go through the rest of my life looking 'okay' or moving into 'dumpy'. Yeah, vanity. But what the heck!
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Joanneweightloss_zpsa2d88d2d.jpg
    Hi Mel!
    I'm Joanne (55). I've yoyo-ed with the same 60 lbs most of my adult life.
    The picture on the left was taken 7 years ago.
    I'm now 40 pounds less, and altho I have wrinkles and flabby skin, I "feel" stronger and more "alive" than any other time in my life!
    I may not look great on the outside, but maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle is worth so much more.
    Blessings on your journey!
    Jo

Jo you look GREAT on the outside too!!! You rock it girl!!!!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 50....soon to be 51. I lost about 22 lbs (I'm 5' 4'') so I think it's made a lot of difference losing it. I feel much better, it might take longer to 'tone up' flabby bits, but it's worth it!
    newme.jpg
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    52 here. I have lost about 35 pounds over the last five months. My profile has my before and current photos. I haven't found it any more difficult to lose than I have in the past, though I seem to have a lot more bad habits to overcome. Good luck!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body.

189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg
    fatfatfat.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    009.jpg
    Cindywinterformal.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread Melarie59. I've been wondering the same thing. I just started so I do not have any after pictures yet ... but I will one day. Y'all are all encouragement for a 66 year old.

608Peg ... We are close to the same age. I hope to have results like you have seen. You must feel really good about it!

Joanneg572 ... You look fantastic! Congratulations on your achievement.

Rose ... There are a good number of women over 50 in the group "Woman of a Certain Age".

nxd10 ... 30/30 That's quite an accomplishment. Way to go! Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Dawnshot ... You look great ... love the hair too!

acogg ... Great job ... keep it up!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Yep. Me. =)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm 50....soon to be 51. I lost about 22 lbs (I'm 5' 4'') so I think it's made a lot of difference losing it. I feel much better, it might take longer to 'tone up' flabby bits, but it's worth it!
    newme.jpg

How did you lose it?
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body.

I have seen your pics. You are one of my inspirations. You look absolutely fantastic and so much younger! Congratulations on your accomplishments.

Katie
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm 60...There are pictures..not before and after just pics....this time around I'v lost 16 lbs in about 3.5 months. Apparently for me, the key has been adding exercise. Calories alone just didn't work. Feel free to friend/message. ( I am working with a physician/hospital supervised program, so no fly-by night ,29.95, eat this not that plan).
    :glasses:
  • dawn60r
    dawn60r Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and just recently diagnosed with RA. I use to run but the RA has changed how I exercise. I would love to loose 10 pounds and just feel healthy again. It is great to see other women over 50 who have lost the weight. It is not easy!!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am about to turn 57!!! YIKES! I have pretty much been on maintenance for the past 11 months. I am 5'3" and I'm working on toning and keeping the weight off for the first time EVER!

3x_lg2sm.jpg
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    you are ALL inspirational...can we become "friends"??..54 and looking to loose 60 lbs by changing my eating (and dare I say "drinking") habits!!...Any of you feel free to "friend" me..:-)
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    you look fa bolus Joanne, i too am 55 and thought I was to old to start o a diet, i tried harder this week and lost 4 pounds and now I see your picture it motivates even more, thanks for posting
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    How did you lose it?
    [/quote]

More fruit and veg, less alcohol, and more exercise. I didn't really eat badly before...just too much of it, and a habit of drinking wine with our evening meal!
    I even started running, well, jogging (which I'd never done! need to get back into that habit) getting too lazy with the cold weather!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!