I binged :(

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    The only way is to cut the "bad" MFP forums entirely out of your diet. Personally, I recommend a 30-day challenge and if you decide to go back to MFP forums after the 30 days, fine...but until you completely cut it out, you won't know just how awesome you'll feel without it.

True story.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Your problem is that you limited your posts too much. 100 posts a day just isn't enough. Try taking your total post count and subtracting 20%.

/win
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I try post zig-zagging, where I furiously post hundreds of comments with great advice one day, and then the next day maybe post one comment about someone's sexy shoes.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is just a bump in your Journey....

Don't stop believing....

journey-dont-stop-believing.jpg
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    well done tazer \m/
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Try and avoid fasts! I know they do work for some people, but not many. Your body is going to crave food and thats how binges start.
    I agree with the above. If you stop posting, you will crave food and post all over the place.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Restrict yourself on types of forums. I hear too much chit-chat can be toxic. Stick to the success stories, food and nutrition, and fitness and exercise forums at 30-30-40.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    When will people just stop spreading this kind of ridiculous fad dieting advice!!! :grumble:

Posting on MFP will NOT damage your mental health and you certainly do not need to restrict your posts to lose weight. I suggest you join the group "Post More to Lose More" All you need to do is post as often as possible and make sure you are typing with BOTH hands. You will lose weight as your hands and mind will be fully occupied you won't be able (or have the time ) to eat so much.:bigsmile:

Get back on here right now :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • stephlpirozek
    Options
    I was told that if you eat small meals and healthy snack several times throughout the day it keeps you fuller and if you drink plenty of water in between... dont feel bad about binging every once in a while it happens and it means you are human just start again and try to make better choices the more discouraged you get the more dificult it will be to stick to it... wishing you luck and here for support :)
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Restrict yourself on types of forums. I hear too much chit-chat can be toxic. Stick to the success stories, food and nutrition, and fitness and exercise forums at 30-30-40.
    ^not this, food and nutrition should be renamed to myths, fad diets and fat and dairy fear mongering
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ^not this, food and nutrition should be renamed to myths, fad diets and fat and dairy fear mongering
    AGREED. Dairy and Diary fear mongering. And hate, lots and lots of hate....
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I was told that if you eat small meals and healthy snack several times throughout the day it keeps you fuller and if you drink plenty of water in between... dont feel bad about binging every once in a while it happens and it means you are human just start again and try to make better choices the more discouraged you get the more dificult it will be to stick to it... wishing you luck and here for support :)
    She's right, if you keep eating terrible small little meals throughout the day and drink more water there will be no time to post because you'll be busy eating and peeing.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Damn! Nice shoes!!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    29010227.jpg

Wallow in the cesspool of humanity.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Try and avoid fasts! I know they do work for some people, but not many. Your body is going to crave food and thats how binges start.
    Did you even read what he said?

felt mean so...I removed my post
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    She's right, if you keep eating terrible small little meals throughout the day and drink more water there will be no time to post because you'll be busy eating and peeing.
    felt mean so...I removed my post
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    So much great information on here, can we get it stickied?
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options

Yes, sorry but I thought from "I was trying to do one of those fasts/cleanse type of things" it meant a fast. Also not meaning that to sound sarcastic =/
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    First, quit whining about it. While on this journey, there are going to be ups and there are going to be downs. You're on a down...a slow, winding, evil spiral into the pits of Hades from which there is no return. Honestly, from what you describe, you've already ruined not only your metabolism, and you're will power, so it looks like you're screwed. Basically, you're going to die... eventually...deal with it.

OH..and...

Dark_side_cookies_by_sirscott.jpg
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options

Thank you for that!:flowerforyou:

I made a simple mistake but I wasn't horrible to the poster...