any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options

Replies

• chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    you are ALL inspirational...can we become "friends"??..54 and looking to loose 60 lbs by changing my eating (and dare I say "drinking") habits!!...Any of you feel free to "friend" me..:-)
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    all i have to say is Wow
    Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body.

189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg
    fatfatfat.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    009.jpg
    Cindywinterformal.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm 50....soon to be 51. I lost about 22 lbs (I'm 5' 4'') so I think it's made a lot of difference losing it. I feel much better, it might take longer to 'tone up' flabby bits, but it's worth it!
    newme.jpg

I LOVE your hair!!!

ALL the ladies here are beautiful! Thanks for inspiring me! xo
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    all i have to say is Wow
    Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body.

189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg
    fatfatfat.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    009.jpg
    Cindywinterformal.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    all I have to say is Wow you look fabulous
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 56. I've lost 56 lbs since I was diagnosed with diabetes last February; that's when I decided that losing weight would be a great idea. I did NOT want to go on medication--needles? Yuck! I guess I just needed the right motivation. This Web site has been a great motivation/inspiration for me. I eat a lot more veg and less of everything else. I still manage to eat chocolate or some sweet every day; you don't have to give up all your favorite foods. Moderation/portion control is the key. And I do exercise, though not at a gym. When it's dry, I go for a brisk walk during my coffee break at work several times a week. I do a lot of dancing/jogging with handweights while I watch TV. Last spring, I walked with a friend for an hour around the track at our local community college 2 or 3 times a week. I plan to start doing that again soon. I even go for walks when I go to Home Depot with my hubby. He spends way too much time there, so I started walking up and down all the aisles. He's happy that I'm not bugging him to leave, and I get in a 15-30 minute walk instead of reading a book. Good luck to you! Friend me if you wish.:happy:
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I can not post pictures, but I have lost 50lbs and I feel so much better and lots of people tell me I look great. True, my 50 yr old body has some sag and wrinkles, but I would take my new body over my old body every day. Obviously I am never going to look as beautiful and lovely as the young people on this site, but we can all strive to be our own best rather than comparing ourselves unhelpfully to others.

Good luck, the outcome will be worth all of your effort
  • lizzyd629
    Options
    OMGosh...keeponkickin.... you brought tears to my eyes! you look fabulous, and it is so motivating to me to see the transformationin you! I know that it possible, really and I know I will get there too but its so great to see it with my own eyes!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Jo you look fantastic on the outside too!! Dont ever put yourself down because we are all beautiful no matter what!!! thanks again ladies!! Liz
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What absolutely amazes me is how the weight loss just scissors years off your ages in terms of your looks alone. You ladies all look a decade or more younger in your slimmer pics. Great work!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I am 54 years old, 5'8' and went down 45 pounds last year to 129. I went from busting out of a size 14 jean to a size 6. My energy level is great, and have not one bit of saggy skin by some miracle. I am working on increasing my muscle tone and strength training this year. Great stuff.
  • mlb2661
    mlb2661 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have very impressed...... you ladies are bringing sexy back! Also, I do not care what anyone says losing weight over 45 is brutal!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of before and after pics of younger women..and they are beautiful! just wondering how much a woman's over 50 body can change! My over 50 body certainly has changed..but not for the better :( ! thanks!

My friend list is full of women near and over 50 that have lost amazing amounts of weight and are keeping it off. They are my inspirations to keep at this, because I see the amazing changes that can be accomplished.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have very impressed...... you ladies are bringing sexy back! Also, I do not care what anyone says losing weight over 45 is brutal!

A million thanks. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Lakeswoman
    Lakeswoman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss and MFP on my 63rd b'day last April. My goal was to lose 39 pounds.
    By October and my daughter's wedding, I had lost 43 pounds.
    All I did was measure and weigh my food and walk, walk, walk. I don't diet, I eat all that I used to, but in moderation. And I never have been a processed food person, so fresh ir is..and easy to stay on track with fresh.
    Since Oct. the weight loss has slowed, but I'm toning what there is left. It won't all tone,,heck I'm 63 and it'll take surgeries, which I won't have. Right now, I'd rather have the loose skin than the weight!!
    I'm now so healthy and energetic. I have hyperthyroidism and just had my annual appt with my Endo. dr. He was blown away.
    I went from a size 18Women's and am now wearing Misses 10's.
    I think I have photos,,but will post those when I hit my ultimate loss of 50 pounds.
  • bunyapine
    bunyapine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    great to see that there is a whole community out there of over 50's. I'm a bloke, but the values are the same male or female. I dont want to recapture my youth or be something I can no longer be. What I want to is to be healthier and fitter to enjoy my family and remain competitive at work. Over the last 12 months I'm back 4 nights a week at fitness class, biking and walking. I'm down in weight and even got some muscles and tone back. I like what I am and what I see. There are ony a couple of other men in our classes, but I draw my inspiration fro the ladies - a lot of whom are over 40. There are some great stories and results and I love seeing thier confidence and drive. We all use MFP, its a great tool when away from our trainers. Keep it up ladies you are a great influece on us ageing blokes as well.
  • swillybay
    swillybay Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing!
  • Callean321
    Callean321 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational!!!! thank you ladies for sharing...more pics PLEASE!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    before
    meandmarisa.jpg

after
    003.jpg
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and I can honestly say that losing weight at any age is hard. It's all in your mindset that makes a difference. Otherwise age is just a number.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and I can honestly say that losing weight at any age is hard. It's all in your mindset that makes a difference. Otherwise age is just a number.

A M E N... I have lost 20-30 pounds and gained it back and then added another 15 after I turned 50. I intended to lose about 35, but then the weight just kept coming off till I had lost 45. I weigh less now than when I was 20 years old. I don't how much I weighed my senior year of high school.
  • Septlondon
    Septlondon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!