any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options

Replies

• Coloscot
    Options
    Amazing weight loss - be very proud of yourself :)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post here but my picts and diary are open. I did gain 10# since around my October birthday but I have a handle on it and will be losing it....
  • Coloscot
    Options
    all i have to say is Wow
    Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body.

189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg
    fatfatfat.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    009.jpg
    Cindywinterformal.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    all I have to say is Wow you look fabulous
  • Coloscot
    Options
    This is amazing, you are truly inspiring - I have 35 lbs to lose and thought that I could not do it, but after seeing your photos - well done!!!!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I turned fifty nine in November. I find everyone on here to be an inspiration. I know I can do this too. thanks so much for sharing your stories and pictures.
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post pictures on the forums but I have changed my profile photo to show you a January 2011 photo of my profile beside a December 2011 picture of me. I lost 25 lbs between those pictures but more importantly, I lost lots of inches (8 inches from my waist) and changed my shape. I didn't 'diet' - I ate at least 1700-2000 calories per day - but what I did was to increase my exercise to put me slightly into deficit. I do some form of exercise every day (about an hour) and try to walk 10 thousand steps per day. My weight has now stabilised at about 67kg for the past few months but I continue to gain lean muscle and lose fat and therefore inches. I was 52 last week, so yes, to answer the OP question, it is possible to change your shape after 50 - but exercise has been the key to is for me. Well done to all the other ladies who have posted great photos of themselves. :)
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in another month and have lost 60 pounds since joining MFP in November 2011.
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    all i have to say is Wow
    Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body.

Double Wow! Holly, Molly, you look fantastic!
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and have lost 73 pounds so far I'm 5'8" current weight is 178 started at 260 I can't post pictures but I have some on my profile. I feel great and I don't have too much sagging ( a little in my butt only ) I'm sending you a friend request I too could use friends around my age and who can offer encouragement and the kick in my saggy butt when I need it.
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!!
    before
    meandmarisa.jpg

after
    003.jpg
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    this is interesting and I am happy to see others losing and I admire all of you!! I am 51 and just hit a milestone and went over the 100 pounds lost goal. Now I still need to lose another 35-55 pounds before I am at goal, but I did this in 9 and a half months.

I am working on strength training now because I do have extra skin, but it's my age and the fact that 10 years ago I lost almost 100 pounds and got to goal then slowly gained it all back plus about 40 more. When I lost my weight 10 years ago, I had very little extra skin and didn't exercise either. I also lost it in 9 months.

I am not going to gain this weight back this time. I have found many friends here and I know that I will have to log until I die I think!! LOL! I am ok with that too!!

I have a picture of me after I lost 90 pounds under my profile. I don't have any uploaded to photo bucket to post but I may work on that tomorrow. I have promised my friends a blog and I would love to add a photo or two.

Good luck to everyone that is trying to lose. You can do it!! Congrats to all the losers!! You really are winners!!:drinker:
  • lovewish
    lovewish Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOW YOU ROCK!!!! awesome!
  • berkra
    berkra Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Joanneweightloss_zpsa2d88d2d.jpg
    Hi Mel!
    I'm Joanne (55). I've yoyo-ed with the same 60 lbs most of my adult life.
    The picture on the left was taken 7 years ago.
    I'm now 40 pounds less, and altho I have wrinkles and flabby skin, I "feel" stronger and more "alive" than any other time in my life!
    I may not look great on the outside, but maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle is worth so much more.
    Blessings on your journey!
    Jo
    Joanne
    "I may not look great on the outside"
    This was the last time that you should have said that. There are thousands of women who want your before, not to talk about your after. Happy smiles from Texas B
  • Melarie59
    Options
    Wow! Thank you all for responding to my post! You are all so inspiring! Guess I should not use the over 50 excuse!! I have actually been in great shape most of my life...hiking the Grand Canyon several times, etc etc..but the last year I just lost my motivation, gained 15 pounds...don't know why. I have signed up for a sprint triathlon in march, have been working out...weights and cardio for a few weeks...but not doing so hot on the eating! Thanks to all of you, I have new inspiration! God Bless!

Marylynn :)
  • Melarie59
    Options
    you are beautiful, Jo...you don't see that???
  • brendaks62
    brendaks62 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    that is so inspiring!!! i will be 51 in march and just really feel "frumpy" i have about 40 lbs to lose. have started walking on treadmill and keeping track of all i eat. thanksso much for posting. the over 50 crowd needs this kind of motivation :)
  • Melarie59
    Options
    I don't know how to post pictures on the forums but I have changed my profile photo to show you a January 2011 photo of my profile beside a December 2011 picture of me. I lost 25 lbs between those pictures but more importantly, I lost lots of inches (8 inches from my waist) and changed my shape. I didn't 'diet' - I ate at least 1700-2000 calories per day - but what I did was to increase my exercise to put me slightly into deficit. I do some form of exercise every day (about an hour) and try to walk 10 thousand steps per day. My weight has now stabilised at about 67kg for the past few months but I continue to gain lean muscle and lose fat and therefore inches. I was 52 last week, so yes, to answer the OP question, it is possible to change your shape after 50 - but exercise has been the key to is for me. Well done to all the other ladies who have posted great photos of themselves. :)
  • Melarie59
    Options
    thanks for the pictures! good job!
  • Allegra_Williams
    Options
    I wish my mum would post on the forums, she is turning 58 this July and a member on here. She definitely inspires me!
  • Allegra_Williams
    Options
    before
    meandmarisa.jpg

after
    003.jpg

You are making great progress! Keep up the good work, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!