Success Stories: Moms Edition!

Options

Replies

• ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome work all you Mums! :) I'm a Mum of 5 and would love to be able to post some success pictures in the next few months! :) It would be awesome to be the one wowing people along side the rest of you instead of just being wowed! :) LOL
  • Ladeda1
    Ladeda1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blubberbegone1976
    blubberbegone1976 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to two kids (ages 7 & 4), I work full time, have my own Etsy business, and am just generally very busy. I've been on MFP for one year. I want to lose about 10 more lbs and I'm till working on gaining more muscle and toning up!

E032C71F-0ACB-4815-8455-D3E5456C11BE-2439-000002C9635850B9_zps5d97ba38.jpg

1F55D220-213C-4753-B919-B78E63BFB9A4-2439-000002C966F76BAF_zpsbdff49a6.jpg

189232B0-2930-4448-96E8-552FF1DE6216-2439-000002C96A81F9AD_zps1f8c26a1.jpg

Well done! You look fantastic. Your arms are amazing, this is a real problem area of mine, and the transformation in your arms is really inspiring.
  • Louder4
    Louder4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you! Keep up the great work, I hope to join you all soon!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Ok here's mines before weight was 154 now I'm at 128. I am a mother of a 5 and 7 yr old.
    Time between pictures are 8 months.

76A9FCC7-F12A-48D6-8D50-9231024C6CA1-4336-00000361C43F8F60.jpg
  • diaz2012
    diaz2012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump..
  • spokie1
    spokie1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have mine is the profile pics, but here is mine: before I got preggo with my son, I was 243.

After I found out, my weight dropped from 243 to 225 (they attribute it to me walking and being active) then in Sept of 2011, it went down to 220, and for the remainder of the pregnancy i was between 217-219.

In Jan of 2012, had our son (vaginal birth, no epidural) and my weight dropped to 204. Well between Jan and Feb, it went up to 205. Couldn't brestfeed anymore, so rejoined MFP in Feb going into March, and I am currently down to 170.

But to all the moms out there, you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • blubberbegone1976
    blubberbegone1976 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This isn't a success story, but a question (and I feel silly asking). Before I got pregnant I had quite a small frame (particularly my torso, I had a small waist and my ribcage was quite small). I gained a truckload of weight in pregnancy which I've never fully lost, so I don't know this myself, but with all the internal shifting around to fit in a full-term baby, I felt like my rib cage/hips expanded so under all this fat, I want to know if whether everything goes back to the way it was or if my frame has expanded due to having a baby? Has anyone returned to their pre-pregnancy measurements if you were previously satisfied with your size?
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    congrats to all of the mommies here who worked so hard to get the bodies they wanted!!

I gained 72 pounds with my pregnancy 5 years ago - I lost all of the weight and then some.

Now I'm currently working on shaping my body the way I want it - mostly by lifting and resistance training :)
  • hamilton040
    hamilton040 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow this is definelty inspiring and hopefully one day I can add pics!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This isn't a success story, but a question (and I feel silly asking). Before I got pregnant I had quite a small frame (particularly my torso, I had a small waist and my ribcage was quite small). I gained a truckload of weight in pregnancy which I've never fully lost, so I don't know this myself, but with all the internal shifting around to fit in a full-term baby, I felt like my rib cage/hips expanded so under all this fat, I want to know if whether everything goes back to the way it was or if my frame has expanded due to having a baby? Has anyone returned to their pre-pregnancy measurements if you were previously satisfied with your size?

For some women bone structure can shift a bit to accommodate the baby, the birthing process, and all the organs that get pushed up into the rib cage (particularly as the lungs are expanding for breathing). The body has increased levels of the hormone relaxin that allows for the bones to be able to shift and move within the joints and connective tissue. There can even be some slight separation in the breast bone.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i'm in love with this thread! I want to keep it so I can post my success story too - when it's ready. :) Thank you all for your inspiration!!!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Well ok...

I had my first baby when I was 21, October 2003 to be exact. My weight before I got pregnant was 145-150 lbs. I am 5'3 I say 5'3 but I am actually starting to think barefooted I'm 5'2.5. Anyways, so I've pretty much always been over weight. Well after I had him I was 180 lbs. My weight kept on climbing, before I knew it I was 250 lbs. In about April of 2010 I found out I was pregnant yet again. My kids are 7 years apart, well this time I was 28 year's old, I go in and get weighed and all that fun stuff, this is when reality of my weight really sat in, the scale read 250 lbs. I was in disbelief that I let myself get that big. I just knew by time I had her I would be 300 lbs. Luckily since my dad is a diabetic, I was tested in my first trimester and found out I had gestational Diabetes, and lost 70 lbs in my pregnancy, I went from 250 lbs to 180 after delivery. I ended up gaining 25.5 lbs back in just months of having her. September 2011 I decided I was sick of myself, I refused to go back down this path of eating my feelings and eating my depression.

September 2011, I started seeing a weight loss doctor he put me on at first a 1400 calorie diet, however I was not losing any weight on that, no idea why but I wasn't, so I went down to 1200 and since I've lost weight. No that is not everyone's magic number but it was a number that I could work with. I also found foods that are lower in calories and filled me up, felt as if I had to eat all day for awhile to get to my intake. Sometimes it's hard because sometimes I want other things that are higher in calorie. But then I started working out, walking, biking, dancing, 30 day shred, have been doing insanity, about to start hip hop abs.

I went into my doctor weighing 205.5 lbs. I have not been to my doctor in 4 months, and I'm still losing weight with the knowledge, its getting harder because I'm only 10 lbs shy from my goal, well I say 10 but more about 7lbs. I weight 127lbs right now, I'd like 120lbs. I hear all the time I should just stop. I'm not happy yet, and honestly I may not be at 120, but at 120 I will focus hard on toning and firming things up. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I'm not, not firm but no where near where I wanna be.

my photos
    250 lbs
    250.jpg

205.5 lbs
    205.jpg

Summer 2011
    swimsuit.jpg

180 lbs
    1801.jpg

180 lbs belly pic
    sst.jpg

10 year's difference or around about.
    246udzq.jpg

1 leg of my fat pants
    pants.jpg

129 lbs
    ues.jpg

DSCF8821.jpg

127 lbs
    DSCF9727.jpg

Belly at 127 lbs
    ng3dz5.jpg
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    @Mama2SethandOlivia:

I've been watching your progress here for a while (promise I'm not stalking), and you are really looking amazing!

Congrats on your success, and thank you for sharing! :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    @Mama2SethandOlivia:

I've been watching your progress here for a while (promise I'm not stalking), and you are really looking amazing!

Aww thanks :) I'm sure people who have been here awhile have seen my story, just like to post it in case someone needs some extra motivation. It also motivates me to keep going, reminds me of why I started. Also reminds me how much it is worth it.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    @Mama2SethandOlivia:

Aww thanks :) I'm sure people who have been here awhile have seen my story, just like to post it in case someone needs some extra motivation. It also motivates me to keep going, reminds me of why I started. Also reminds me how much it is worth it.

I'm glad you posted! Yours is a great story to share.
  • tekeyla25
    Options
    I had my daughter in november 2011 and after 6 months of nursing signed up(in june 2012) for mfp to kick my weightloss into high gear and in less than a year have lost close to 50 lbs. I have no stretchmarks and sometimes people dont even believe I just had a kid. I hope this inspires moms. There is nothing stopping you from being the person that you want to be but even more importantly learn to love yourself and not be so hard on yourselves.

100_3461.jpg
    This picture was taken a couple days before having my baby I weighed 220

101_0232.jpg
    this picture was probably a couple weeks after having my baby

24487629_7178.jpg
    A month after no which was my starting weight at mfp probably 212

101_1404-1.jpg

101_2046.jpg
    8 months after having my baby

101_2281.jpg

101_2575_zpsea96c50c.jpg

and Ive lost 20 more from the last picture I am down to 160 from starting mfp 212 my height is 5'9
  • pebblesbuddy
    pebblesbuddy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I have one daughter who is almost 2 years old. I started working out and using MFP about 10 months ago. Progress between pics is 10 months
  • DeannaJoKilla
    DeannaJoKilla Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This page is so inspirational. Thank you all for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!