Just plain MEAN!

Options

Replies

• Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You may not be MEAN, but you MAY be bi-polar. I am lucky enough to have a boyfriend with a bi-polar ex of a wife. It's too bad we can't get along, because it's her daughter that has to pay the ultimate price...
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    1241917.jpg
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Are you my sister??

ROTFL!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't exactly call this chit chat fun and games by any means. Seeing as that whole freakin sociapath post described my ex to a T. Seriously OP, if you find you have no empathy for anyone....there is a lot of other stuff that goes along with that, that you're gonna also need help with. So go get some kinda therapy NOW.
  • jessileak
    jessileak Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    leavinginahurry.gif

....... quietly leaving .......

lmao!!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile pic, I believe we may be twins, separated at birth.
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    I am not a psychiatrist but you sound just like my ex-husband. Maybe that is why I divorced him. You should seek professional help. :smooched:
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Davy_RockHit214 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Or join Roller derby or some other agressive sport. Find some friends get active see if that helps
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OK- not to minimize the problem- because it's a big problem that probably needs to be dealt with professionally- but some of these reply post are so funny I'm about to pee in my pants. I really appreciate a good sense of humor!
    there with you! I would suggest talking to a counselor and consider some anger management courses/books.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Anger at the world is not a classic symptom of socio or psychopaths so I think those can be easily disregarded.

I lean more towards just plain anger/resentment given past experiences.

Therapy might be a good plan, because being that angry and disconnected from the world just isn't a good thing.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You may not be MEAN, but you MAY be bi-polar. I am lucky enough to have a boyfriend with a bi-polar ex of a wife. It's too bad we can't get along, because it's her daughter that has to pay the ultimate price...

Bi-polar has ups and downs and goes through cycles though of depression/mania (I'm bi-polar). What she's describing sounds more like borderline personality disorder. My husband has a psycho-ex who was seriously bi-polar and could be really mean but other times she was really bubbly and happy and nice. Could be a combination of things.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who suggest therapy.

But I don't necessarily think you have a personality disorder - but perhaps you have a mood disorder and/or depression.

Many people with depression feel disconnected from the world, many have problems with anger.

Big hugs to you and I hope you get well soon xxx
  • teahoffmann
    Options
    I have met people who cannot show empathy and are insensative. I am not a therapist, but have found, over time, that many of these individuals have built a wall over time to protect themselves from their own feelings. Maybe past experiences have added to the wall. Excessive behaviors, drugs, alcohol and other behaviors help "sustain" the wall. Learn to love yourself. Understand that God loves you and cares about you and give yourself permission to care about yourself...which you must be doing from your weight loss, and then little by little break down the wall. Admitting that this is an issue is a good step.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    leavinginahurry.gif

....... quietly leaving .......

I know this post is about a serious issue but this had me cracking up for at least 5 minutes. Thank you.

OP: I agree, therapy sounds like a really good option for you and perhaps a physical activity to help you "work out" those episodes of anger to speak.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was because I grew up so FAT that now I'm a complete semi-psycho *****. I mean, I am demonic sometimes. I'm unapologetic and almost incapable of caring about people I don't know. Does anyone else have an obscene amount of hostility to just little things? I mean you go ******* crazy sometimes, and later wonder WHY you got so ANGRY, and stayed that way for so long? Sometimes I simply don't care about people or their plight. I don't get any pleasure off of it, but I don't care. What makes an entire room cry, has zero effect on me. Am I just mean?
    Dear Overly Angry OP,

I suspect that hard view on the world comes from a lot more than just being fat. Such a lack of empathy and a desire to be angry probably stems from something deeper than that. Then again, it may stem from nothing. Sometimes personalities are just... what they are. And mental issues may be at play, even ones as 'simple' as depression or anxiety.

I mean, I honestly don't care much for other people's problems at work or in their relationship; it's just how I am. But at the same time, you have to understand that being angry at things you can't change won't solve anything, and getting angry at things you can change—without doing a thing to change the problems—solves nothing, either.

Vent your anger for sure (I suggest journals; they help me), but don't take it out on other people. They have their own problems; we all do. I know some people get off on making others miserable, but after a point you have to grow up and grow past that, and deal with things more maturely. I'm not sure if you're one of these people, but if you are, it's food for thought.

This may be a really odd reply, but to OP and anyone else who may have read it, I am very close in personality and I personally pinpointed many of the problems I mentioned above in myself. But I know anger is no good for me, and I am still very much in the process of trying to overcome my temper. Unfortunately, I still struggle with a lack of caring for other people's mundane problems, but hey, no one likes to hear about boring work stories... [coughs] XD

Anyway, good luck if you're trying at all to fix it. I mean, you must have posted for some reason. And if you're not trying to, then good luck to those around you.

Sincerely,
    Another Rage-Filled Person (Who Happened to Learn on Their Own to Be Laid-Back AF and Stopped Giving a F--k About the Small Things Because What's the Point of Stressing About BS?)

Edit: I have never been to therapy and have mostly overcome my anxiety without medication. I find that this issue of mine is much like losing weight; it takes dedication and a conscious effort, and I think it can be done depending on severity and the person. I don't think there's any harm in professional help, either, if you think you need it. But you should want it for yourself.

I just see a lot of myself in OP, and from a personal standpoint, it's very rare to come across someone who is in the same boat about this issue, as evidenced by pretty much all of the replies here. And that's to be expected, nothing wrong with you all for replying the way you have; it's a natural reaction. Just letting OP know they're not alone and not an alien or anything.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've never been this way, but you sound a lot like my sister. She is selfish, only cares about her own problems and wellbeing, has zero empathy, and has a real anger problem. When she explodes in anger she turns beet red and spits as she has her tantrum, practically foaming at the mouth. She needs to get help and it sounds like you do too.

Your sister sounds like my mom. She puts on a good front to strangers, but the close family knows better. That's why I have no self esteem, slight BDD and emotionally shut down at times.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    1241917.jpg
    OMG OMG OMG!! Cookie Monster is a meme cat!! Yaaaay. If she's pregnant i want the kittehs. All tha kittehs!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I am ALWAYS angry

But I was raised properly, am a grown man with ethics and morals who knows when to use kind words and channel my anger towards people who deserve it rather than innocent folks
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet that you've been through a lot in your life. That level of anger and indifference does not appear in a vacuum. Something had to happen to bring it about. Honestly, I would suggest counseling to help you understand what happened and what caused you to become this way. Obviously it bothers you on some level, or you wouldn't be posting here in the forums. Do youself and whoever you might be in relationship with a favor. Get help.