What is the most useful tip anyone has given you?

Options

Replies

• Jackskip
    Options
    Keep away from the carbs!:smile:
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Make sleep a priority and LOG LOG LOG your food/exercise (hence, the beauty of MFP)

^^^^^ This
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I have a few -

It doesn't matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop.

If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer

And eating 1200 calories when your BMR is way over is silly. Know your BMR and TDEE and eat between the two.

wisest words so far! :)
  • runningwiththepups
    Options
    Not personally given to me, but Jillian Michaels in her Yoga Meltdown - "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable". Whenever I think I'm going to quit during a workout, that's my mantra!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    "Don't give up on a goal just because of the time it will take to complete it. The time will pass anyway."

I love this!
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself and have patience.
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Most useful tip? Never to give up and always do your best.
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The body achieves what the mind believes!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Eat fat, it is good for you.

I fell victim to the low-fat hysteria of the 1980's.
  • hoff0900
    Options
    That numbers on a scale dont mean everything. Look at inches, physocal fitness, what you are putting in your body.
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Be true to yourself, and not a dustbin for food.
    love it..
  • Zommbunny
    Options
    nothing tastes as good as thin feels

Also personally when my bf told me - do it for yourself, not anyone else. its not a race and your only trying to prove to yourself you can do it no one else
    this made me wait until i was mantally ready to take it on and has worked wonders for me personally
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "Replace grains with greens" (Precision Nutrition)
    "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping the guy on the couch" (Unknown)

=Betty=
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    The best kind of exercise for you is the kind that you will actually do. It doesn't matter if it's insanely beneficial if you hate it, you won't stick with it.
  • danibarro
    Options
    The one I have learned for myself and keeps me on track is planning planning planning. Every night before I go to bed I post what I plan to eat the next day on MFP (of course), and I usually stick to it. Knowing beforehand leaves less room to stray, and you can do the same with exercise. Log it before you do it and you'll be more likely to follow through.
  • 34000volts
    34000volts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    -Your looks are 70% diet and 30% exercise.

- understanding how dieting makes you fat, skinny fat
    - 1 pound of fat is about three times the size of one pound of muscle.
    - 1 pound of muscle burns about 35 to 50 calories a day
    - 1 pound of fat burns about 1 calorie a day
    - dieting without lifting you loose similar pound amounts of muscle to fat, 1 to 1 for 2 pounds lost. (that's a lot of cals that muscle was burning that you lost)
    - with heavy lifting It takes a month to put on 2lbs of muscle.
    -since you can gain fat quicker than muscle the dieting cycle leaves you skinny fat by changing body composition to a higher fat percentage.
    - when you stop dieting and eat to old patterns you have less muscle to burn calories and put the fat back on quicker.
    - lifting heavy and eating protein while on a calorie deficit helps maintain most of the muscle while losing just fat changing yor body composition by lowering your body fat percentage.
    - the bottom line is you can be at a lower weight and still have the same tdee ( total daily energy expenditure ) as when you were heavier.
    - this let's you eat more and keep the weight off forever while maintaining better fitness on the inside and out!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Do whatever the **** you wanna do.

Several people posted this line. I don't get it. Does it have a meaning I'm not getting? Is this a joke? Someone explain please.
  • Lynnebrg
    Lynnebrg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just because I can't eat something now doesn't mean I can never have it again.
  • agtitus
    agtitus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't sacrifice what you want most (your health) for what you want in the moment. (chocolate cake) :)
  • mogz36
    mogz36 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a few -

It doesn't matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop.

If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer

And eating 1200 calories when your BMR is way over is silly. Know your BMR and TDEE and eat between the two.

"Know your BMR and TDEE and eat between the two."

Top. It doesn't get better than that. It all boils down to that single sentence.