Women does your Husbands /Spouse /Boyfriend???

Options

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    My Husband finds me less interesting than his computer, I think this might be an issue.....advice?
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My husband hates computers/video games- he's rather be outside or in the garage! But I guess everyone has their "thing!"
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not "all men" are like that. My husband has never played a video game, he reads directions for everything, and is an all around great guy. You just haven't found one like that, that's all!

reads directions, you say? hmmm, does he have a brother? jk I'm married. My husband only plays when I'm preoccupied with something. Which is a pretty good policy. Once I'm done doing what i'm doing, he's back to being pretty attentive and spending quality time. So maybe while you work out, he can play, or while you're on phone with your friend, he could play. Any other time is family/quality time or time to get things done. Another thing my hubby does is if I start cleaning, he gets up to clean with me. This is pretty great. I mean, he doesn't just jump up by himself and clean, but if I'm up working, he is to. This was all him every since we moved in together, not by my request. Give and take!!!
  • kikilita
    kikilita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    After reading this I have decided I must be male because I exhibit so many of the little 'male attributes' you've just listed.

Damn.

I know. Me, too. I wish I HAD a man to complain about.
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My husband is, and I honestly have no problem with it. It's his thing. Sometimes I will play with him ( more times not ). I look at it this way. He works hard. It's something he enjoys. Our bills are paid. We can afford it. If he is HOME playing video games he isn't OUT at a bar getting drunk, talking to other women, or doing things that would make me question our marriage.

That's a good way of looking at it :)
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Why are our men so addicted to video games?? Ugh my husband will stay up all night watching online movies and playing video games. He will fall asleep on the sofa with the game controller in his hand and wake up EARLY IN THE DARN morning PLAYING AGAIN. What the heck!!! Why?? Why?? Why??...and Omg if I ask something I'm totally ignored unless its "Honey are you hungry"

Why what I say to him alway differs from what he hears??
    Why do men always seem CLUELESS?
    Why when we are lost (say for instance traveling) Men never want to stop for directions?? We ride around for hours LOST!!
    Is it just my man or ALL MEN feel like they can fix anything without reading a manual /blueprint/directions??
    Why do men think they DRIVE better than WOMEN?? I drive just fine 1 ticket no seatbelt. Now my hubby LOL..let's just say his license has lots of points..lol

Have you ever said "honey we need to talk" and your man looks like he is terrified. Lol Why?? Lol
    Do you talk and your man just stares with a dumb look on his face??? Clueless ..Omg Why??
    FOOTBALL, SEX, FOOD the 3 things that get your mans FULL ATTENTION??
    My pastor said statistics say Men think about SEX every 14sec...Omg Why??
    Kids say the darnest things..Why do men sometimes say the Dumbest things?
    Are Men really from Mars??
    I could go on and on with the why?why?why?
    Even with all the Whys? My man is still handsome, loving, caring, funny, sensitive, understanding, hardworking provider, protector, dad..that LOVES HIS FAMILY UNCONDITIONALLY.
    Feel free to ask your WHYs or Answer some..and feel free to add me Good Day

I'd have to say my man is the complete opposite. I WISH he thought about sex half as much as me.

Try the Lady Gaga... Make a meat dress and then try and talk to him.

I think you should try and word "we need to talk" a little differently... If he said that to me, I'd think OMG what now!?!?
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My husband is, and I honestly have no problem with it. It's his thing. Sometimes I will play with him ( more times not ). I look at it this way. He works hard. It's something he enjoys. Our bills are paid. We can afford it. If he is HOME playing video games he isn't OUT at a bar getting drunk, talking to other women, or doing things that would make me question our marriage.

That's a good way of looking at it :)

Amen, sister! :happy:
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    my husband plays video games on the computer but id RATHER he play them on the TV. (He says they are boring though). I feel like on the Computer he can zone everyone and everything out but on the TV, i just have to walk in front of him and say something.

Its never going to happen though. Heaven forbid something happen to his computer- hed die! (im not joking)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Why are our men so addicted to video games?? --- I think I'd be more addicted than my partner at video games, love 'em! Problem is, our xbox is broken so none of us can play until we get a new one :(

Why what I say to him alway differs from what he hears?? --- No idea, but tbh what he says to me, always end up different in my ears! lol

Why do men always seem CLUELESS? --- Mine doesn't, not a lot of the time anyway.

Why when we are lost (say for instance traveling) Men never want to stop for directions?? We ride around for hours LOST!! --- Because their ego's so big, male pride? *shrugs* I don't have that problem either.

Is it just my man or ALL MEN feel like they can fix anything without reading a manual /blueprint/directions?? --- Not all men, in fact, I don't like instructions.

Why do men think they DRIVE better than WOMEN?? He thinks he drives safer (less risk taking) and he's probably right tbh with that. He doesn't think he drives "better" though. We've only both recently passed so none of us are that great.

Have you ever said "honey we need to talk" and your man looks like he is terrified. Lol Why?? Lol --- because he's scared you're going to moan at him about something.

Do you talk and your man just stares with a dumb look on his face??? Clueless ..Omg Why?? --- Usually only when I'm moaning about something.

FOOTBALL, SEX, FOOD the 3 things that get your mans FULL ATTENTION?? --- My bf HATES football. I approve of this since I hate it too. The other things will get his attention of course, but they will also get mine! The way to my heart is through good food!

My pastor said statistics say Men think about SEX every 14sec...Omg Why?? --- I doubt it.

Kids say the darnest things..Why do men sometimes say the Dumbest things? --- I say the dumbest things.

Are Men really from Mars?? --- Mine's from England.

I could go on and on with the why?why?why? --- Why are you so concerned?!

Even with all the Whys? My man is still handsome, loving, caring, funny, sensitive, understanding, hardworking provider, protector, dad..that LOVES HIS FAMILY UNCONDITIONALLY. --- That's good to hear :)

Feel free to ask your WHYs or Answer some..and feel free to add me Good Day --- Have a great day :)
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Instead of pouting about it, tell him how you really feel. Men aren't capable of reading a woman's mind anyhow., we're just too damn complex. Subtle hints are just that and men won't pick up on your sugar coated cues. If you want something done, tell them you want something done.
  • Grandmasboy2852
    Options
    .... This topic is very interesting haha I just went through and read every single post ( getting very preoccupied from what I am supposed to be doing) . In conclusion, I agree that the OP is getting taken way out of context. She was not bashing her husband or every single male for that matter. It was just a friendly, comical, question of why "most males" act this way. I would agree that I exhibit some (not all) of the tendencies that her husband displays. I do not take offense one bit. And if you do take offense, you need to lighten up. Stereo-types exist for a reason, and I'm sure everyone here fits into at least 1 stereo-type of some kind whether they want to admit it or not.

But all this talking about video-games is making me want to get back to my studying so I can go play tonight for a few hours before the lady comes over.... haha she will let me play for at least an hour while she is around and then usually starts to complain... I realize it is unfair to make her watch me for hours playing but I also think she needs to be a little more acceptable in that
    1. I work and study for about 12 hours a day. - when I come home I should be able to get some of my personal hobbies in.
    2. She could take an interest and at least try to play with me. - I do watch all her " chick flicks"
    3. I love her, but I need some "me time" every now and then (haha or at least like 1 - 2 hours a day)
  • levisrictusias
    Options
    Oh boy, watch out! You're getting an answer from a feminist. ;)

Why are our men so addicted to video games?? --- I'm waaaay more into video games than my husband is. I seriously wipe the floor with him. So, no issue here. :)

Why what I say to him alway differs from what he hears?? --- Not sure. You may want to ask him why he isn't paying attention. This isn't a trait that is gender-specific, either. My mother has the same issue!! LOL

Why do men always seem CLUELESS? --- This is also not gender-specific. PEOPLE in general are pretty clueless. I find this whole Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus idea outdated, particularly because studies show that there actually tend to be just as many in-group differences than out-group differences. For instance, I may have less in common with another female than I do with another male, the takeaway message being that again, people in general are different, versus men v. women. :)

Why when we are lost (say for instance traveling) Men never want to stop for directions?? We ride around for hours LOST!! --- Because males are socialized to want to be in charge of any situation revolving around cars, including asking for directions. In the context of my relationship, it's about 50:50. I'll more than gladly ask for directions, but my husband isn't keen on driving so I do most of it.

Is it just my man or ALL MEN feel like they can fix anything without reading a manual /blueprint/directions?? --- Not mine. Actually, I tend to do this...hehehe...oops!

Why do men think they DRIVE better than WOMEN?? Again, because they're socialized to believe that they rule the road/all things auto. Interestingly enough, women are "better" drivers (we're more defensive, we generally speed less, less risky driving behavior). But again, women aren't necessarily "better" drivers based on biology, we're just taught early on to be more careful and more agreeable (females will more likely let someone through versus males). As for my own relationship, this is also something that I tend to play into, admittedly, although I think that's my crazy latina driving versus driving like a "man".

Have you ever said "honey we need to talk" and your man looks like he is terrified. Lol Why?? Lol --- Because no one ever likes hearing those words--men or women lol. I don't like hearing those words at aaaaaall! I can offer some advice though! Next time, instead of saying "we need to talk", just launch into the explanation. I don't say "honey we need to talk"--I'll instead just say "Hey, baby can you not leave your socks on the floor when I've just finished doing laundry? It's frustrating for me. Thanks!" :)

Do you talk and your man just stares with a dumb look on his face??? Clueless ..Omg Why?? --- Only if I'm being unclear.

FOOTBALL, SEX, FOOD the 3 things that get your mans FULL ATTENTION?? --- Husband hates football. So do I. Sex? I definitely want it more than he does, LOL! He would actually rather finish up a good chapter in a book before getting it on than to throw away the book with all abandon and having sex right there. Then again, he's a scholar. :) As far as food? Well, HELLO. It's food!!! Who doesn't like food! Omg, I'm hungry RIGHT NOW LOL.

My pastor said statistics say Men think about SEX every 14sec...Omg Why?? --- Your pastor is mistaken, although many people believe this, so I wouldn't be too harsh. I believe it was a human sexuality study that found that males think about sex anywhere from 1 to around 350 times a day depending on the individual. Again, person-centered results versus gender-centric. (FUN FACTish: I believe women thought about sex anywhere from 1-200 times a day).

Kids say the darnest things..Why do men sometimes say the Dumbest things? --- Again. PEOPLE say the dumbest things.

Are Men really from Mars?? --- No. There is no oxygen in space. Their metabolic processes would cease.

I could go on and on with the why?why?why? --- Why? ;)

Even with all the Whys? My man is still handsome, loving, caring, funny, sensitive, understanding, hardworking provider, protector, dad..that LOVES HIS FAMILY UNCONDITIONALLY. --- AWESOME! :)

Feel free to ask your WHYs or Answer some..and feel free to add me Good Day --- Have a great day :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Call of Duty is the single most relaxing experience I have in my life. It is that simple.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I got lucky! My husband doesn't play but maybe that is because he is over 40. U just go to the gym and he can have his games.... sounds like a deal to me!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Why can't women just shut their mouths rather than airing all their complaints about their men on the Internet? Maybe if you piped down your man would want more sex. I can't generalize though. My wife would never do what you just did. She's also sexy as hell so there's no wonder I can't keep my hands off her body.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Oh look..another generalizing post! -.-

Men are NOT the only ones that do this.

And by the way - Gamer here and I'm a chick and I've gotten wrapped up in a game and yes, I'd say I am a bit of a game addict. I'd also get pissed if someone kept trying to ask me questions and stuff during a game too (video or sports).

How about maybe respecting each other's space and hobbies, likes, interests, etc. How about maybe talking to your SO and come to an agreement of sorts?

Ugh...I'm sorry..I'm trying to be civil - but these Men do this, Women do that posts are just ridiculous.

And the OP may not have meant to sound like she's bashing men - but, well..she SOUNDS like she's bashing men. Her whole "tone" to the post is about why do men do this.

Also - the whole - why do men hear something different from what women say - again..this is not a gender thing. People in general have different ways that they perceive verbal communication. It's called working in a relationship to learn how to communicate with each other. Same sex relationships also have this problem so it is most certainly not a man vs woman thing -.-

Also - your pastor isn't a scientist. I doubt a guy thinks about sex every 14sec..if he did..how the hell do you expect them to concentrate on a game? Hmmmm? Yeah.

And for any person that thinks it is a good idea to post a rant about their SO - it isn't. I hope that your boyfriend/husband whatever doesn't ever come across this. Most people tend to get a bit pissy at the thought of their personal issues getting broadcasted to a bunch of strangers...especially when we all now know what he looks like. Just saying.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

I'm sorry you have such poor judgement in men. I am also sorry that your world view is so skewed that you think every man is the same. I would point to the main cause of your problems as being yourself.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Man i must be stupid because in my country we use instead of op, ts. What does op mean? Original poster??
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Man i must be stupid because in my country we use instead of op, ts. What does op mean? Original poster??

Yes.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    haha ironic that you answer my question but thank you.