Dancing for daily cardio.... Who would've known it'd work so

Options

Replies

• trinitydaks
    Options
    I completely agree - dancing is amazing... I even do "chair dancing" when at work and a good song comes on the radio, or while I am driving - "chair dancing" is all ab work - at least that is where I feel it the most...
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    30 minutes to a little southern rock & country. I intended to do 15-20 minutes since I've got plans for more cardio later today, but just didn't want to stop!

GREAT JOB! It's pretty easy to get lost in it! I keep my t.v. on the music channel all day while I'm dong house chores and cooking and find myelf dancing while I'm doing those things too! Glad you had fun:happy:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I completely agree - dancing is amazing... I even do "chair dancing" when at work and a good song comes on the radio, or while I am driving - "chair dancing" is all ab work - at least that is where I feel it the most...

That's a GREAT idea! I'm gonna give it a try this afternoon! Thanks!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm a little late but I'm in I'll try and do it 2x before Friday :)

I have a DVD Dance Off the Inches Hip Hop Party its lots of fun but I think I will do one day freestyle !

It's great to follow a routine but I find my self feeling more achy after I just free dance! Like someone else said you get distracted by all the fun your having that you don't feel the burn till afterwards :smile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Count me in!! I am loving the idea...all i need is a room, mp3/ipod, 30 ( or so) minutes, and myself...

Thanks!

You go girl:wink:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I have Flirty Girl Fitness and I LOVE it!! It comes with a pink feather boa too! =)

How cute is that! I'm gonna try it! Thanks!
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This is a favorite past time of mine. I usually combine it with cleaning the house in the evenings after our daughter is in bed. Just me, the music, and the duster/washcloth/vaccum. :)

What is the current challenge?
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    My 3 year old son and I have "Dance Parties" all the time lol. He loves it & I love to dance so it's a win win...not to mention it burns tons of calories!! I usually just hook my Ipod up to the TV and try to go for a 1/2 hour to 1 hour so I should be able to handle the challenge. Good to know i'm not the only looking crazy in my house!!! haha. I weigh in for my other group on Tuesday so that's a good day for me.

SW- 150
    CW-143 (gained a couple lbs. in the past couple weeks :grumble: )
    GW-115-120
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    This is what I do! I love dancing :) Pitbull motivates me!
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just the other night, I went out w/ my girls and we ended up at an "80's night"....we danced our butts off for about 3 hours and I was amazed when I checked (just for fun) the next day to see if I burnt any calories....what a great work out! I'm a big fan of this....

Def. up for the challange.
    Def. joining your group :)

ps- It was also nice b/c it pretty much cancelled the bacardi and diets!
  • jlo7
    jlo7 Posts: 45
    Options
    I just tried it today and can't believe how fast the time goes by. Is it as effective if I did it for 10 min then stopped for about 20, then another 10 min and 20 min later another 10 min- so a total of 30 min spread out. I have little kids at home so I just try to squeeze it in when I can. Or is it better non-stop?
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. We got the Just Dance game for the Wii a little while ago and we have dance parties at our house every weekend. It is myself and 3 of my friends, our daughters are all between the ages of 2 and 5 and they dance will us. It is quite a site to see the 4 of us plus 5 little ones dancing our butts off.

The Just Dance Wii game is Lots of Fun!!! My whole family had a blast doing it!

Just got my dance on - 25 minutes of jamming to the "Pump" station on the TV. Danced with my 5 year old and he tired out before I did!

SW: 242
    CW: 219
    GW: 175
  • kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    Options
    Just finished dancing to the "Shrek" soundtrack with my boys. My daughter did want me to hold her and dance with her this time around; she watched my son's and I while sitting in her high chair. We did a mixture of moshing as sprinting, mainly sprinting (while playing tag with my sons baseball cap).
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm in. This is a favorite past time of mine. I usually combine it with cleaning the house in the evenings after our daughter is in bed. Just me, the music, and the duster/washcloth/vaccum. :)

What is the current challenge?

WELCOM :)
    Were starting out simple with dancing twice (freestyle) for 15-20min 2x by Friday!
    Each week we'll add another fun challenge on top of the one's we already have :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    My 3 year old son and I have "Dance Parties" all the time lol. He loves it & I love to dance so it's a win win...not to mention it burns tons of calories!! I usually just hook my Ipod up to the TV and try to go for a 1/2 hour to 1 hour so I should be able to handle the challenge. Good to know i'm not the only looking crazy in my house!!! haha. I weigh in for my other group on Tuesday so that's a good day for me.

SW- 150
    CW-143 (gained a couple lbs. in the past couple weeks :grumble: )
    GW-115-120

Nope there's a bunch of us goof's out here:laugh:
    WELCOME!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    This is what I do! I love dancing :) Pitbull motivates me!

That's great! Welcome. We'll be adding a new challenge each week!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Just the other night, I went out w/ my girls and we ended up at an "80's night"....we danced our butts off for about 3 hours and I was amazed when I checked (just for fun) the next day to see if I burnt any calories....what a great work out! I'm a big fan of this....

Def. up for the challange.
    Def. joining your group :)

ps- It was also nice b/c it pretty much cancelled the bacardi and diets!

Haha, good point! It really is a great workout, for the body and mind! Welcome :)
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Funny you bring this up. A few days ago I had the house to myself, so I put the blinds down and turned on the tv to music channels and worked up a sweat super fast. I love to dance but because I'm pretty overweight don't feel comfortable doing it in front of people, but in the privacy of my own home, well, I shake it like a polaroid picture. Keep dancing!

LOOOOVE THIS!
    And love this post!

Im gonna give it a go tomorrow, as I usually like to clean the house to music but this sounds waaaaay more fun!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I just tried it today and can't believe how fast the time goes by. Is it as effective if I did it for 10 min then stopped for about 20, then another 10 min and 20 min later another 10 min- so a total of 30 min spread out. I have little kids at home so I just try to squeeze it in when I can. Or is it better non-stop?

I'd say do what you can when you can, the point is your doing it and that's better then nothing!! It's great either way as long as your having fun! I sometimes have to split them up too!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Just finished dancing to the "Shrek" soundtrack with my boys. My daughter did want me to hold her and dance with her this time around; she watched my son's and I while sitting in her high chair. We did a mixture of moshing as sprinting, mainly sprinting (while playing tag with my sons baseball cap).

How fun! GRETA JOB!