Cubicle dwellers; Who does this?

Options

Replies

• funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Can't you pin the program to the task bar so the icon doesn't go away even if the program is closed. Maybe this is just the Windows 7 that you can do this on.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    OMG... I'm so OCD about that. It drives me batsh!t nuts to have them not be in the correct order. This only applies at work. I don't do that at home on the computer, but I'm also not sitting there looking at my home computer for an 8 hour day, either. lol

ETA: My work computer is on XP and I've not found a way to drag them back into the correct order. And I have mine in this order: Windows Explorer Folder
    (Internal mainframe app)
    Outlook
    Firefox
    Communicator
    IE (I use FF for my browsing, but many internal programs only work in IE)
    Anything else I may need to have open for my work though Word generally goes first, then Excel, if I have to have them both open.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Also, why Chrome and IE? Don't they do the same thing?

Don't know about the other person, but on my personal computer I have IE, Firefox and Chrome. I usually use Firefox, but some websites are just easier to use in Chrome (at least I've found), and then some databases I had to use for school wouldn't run in Firefox or Chrome so I had to keep IE to use those. It's kinda annoying to have 3 on the go, but it does serve a purpose.
    Sometimes MFP will be showing down for maintenance in one browser but work just fine in another one.
    good to know!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why would they get out of order unless you reordered them? :huh:
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You should be able to drag the icons around to put them in the correct order.

Kortney also has superpowers...

Task bar icons. Not desktop icons.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    LOLZ UR NUTZ LOLZ

Also, you can drag and reorder the taskbar icons in Windows 7. What OP are you using, bro?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

*cough* Windows 7 *cough*
  • sirrah17
    sirrah17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Guilty! Outlook, Lync (messenger service), Firefox, Excel, Access

And in Windows 7 you can drag and drop!

I also work on two monitors so...
    Outlook and Lync open on the left. Firefox and Excel open on the right. Access and some internal applications are my flexies ~ I move them depending on my needs.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If for some reason the icons along the bottom of my screen get out of order, I must close all applications and restart them so they are in the correct order.

:drinker:
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

*cough* Windows 7 *cough*

Vista at work. Mac at home.

I do have my correct "order" in a bat file.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    PS, you all realize that the term "OCD" refers to a very real and serious condition that many people truly suffer from, right? And that wanting your taskbar buttons in order because you're a creature of habit doesn't make you "OCD", right?

Because if I suffered from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, I'd probably be pretty damn annoyed at you all talking about your habitual quirks like they're as serious as my very real mental condition.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Why would they get out of order unless you reordered them? :huh:
    If something crashes. Which Outlook likes to do to me more frequently than I would prefer to admit.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    LOLZ UR NUTZ LOLZ

Also, you can drag and reorder the taskbar icons in Windows 7. What OP are you using, bro?
    I WISH they would update me to 7, but alas I'm still on XP and I have no choice in the matter.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I do this!!!! I have so many windows open during the day and it helps me flip back and forth quickly. I usually have 6 windows open for one of the programs I use and that is the one that really gets me if they are out of order because they only take up one spot on the taskbar so I have to click to see all of the open windows then again on the one I want.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    If for some reason the icons along the bottom of my screen get out of order, I must close all applications and restart them so they are in the correct order.

OMG seeing that other people do this does not make me feel like any less of a freak lololol
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Vista at work.
    My condolences.
  • mariposa224
    Options

OMG seeing that other people do this does not make me feel like any less of a freak lololol
    lol I have other friends here at work who are the same way. We share our aggravation with one another. :wink:
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

I, too, suffer from this classic first world problem :sad:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    And here I thought I was alone with this affliction...it's so nice to know I'm not, LOL :)

I don't really care about the other programs; but if our call monitoring system isn't first & Outlook isn't second, I get some serious OCD...
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I hate icons on my desktop. I move the shortcuts to the quick launch and delete the desktop icons.

JM