Is anyone exercising at 5:45 in the morning??

Options

Replies

• famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I get up with my husband to make him breakfast and then I try to get my exercise in before the kids get up. Doesn't always work that way but they know not to ask for anything before I am done!
  • jjltrader
    Options
    4:45 AM for this guy. I am walking the dog by 5 AM for 45 to 60 minutes. Only missed a couple of days over the past 2 years. Pretty good considering Iowa Winter can be a bit brisk. Got to love windchill (not)!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    In bed by 10pm and up at 515am. Start Insanity at 530am. On the days I sleep in I feel guilty about not doing my workout and do it as soon as I get up.
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    alarm goes off at 4:20 and I hit the pavement by 5:00. It's the only "me" time i have so i have to use it wisely
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm up & working out at 5:00 every day. I usually get to bed around 11 or 12, so I rarely get more than six hours of sleep. It's not always easy, but it does become a habit. And its far easier for me to knock it out in the morning than after a long day.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I do...well, depending on the day, sometimes I'm done my workout at 5:45am
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I can't work out that early during the week because I have to get to work pretty early, but on the weekends I'm out the door and running/walking at 5:30.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow! U guys r so motivating!! Thx! And yep I got up and exercised this morning! Yay! I didnt do a lot because I got interrupted, but I got my butt outta bed and I feel really good about it. I do know it's going to be a struggle for awhile but gotta press thru it :)
  • hollyjjohnson
    hollyjjohnson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yep -- I exercise every morning at either 5:15am or 5:30am -- MST. I go to some classes that start at that time. Love early mornings -- nothing every conflicts with my schedule at that time. I have no excuses to keep me from it. Of course I have to go to bed early -- THAT can be hard!
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    There's a 5:45 in the morning?
    Wow, who knew!

After retirement, that hour is taken off the clock!! Senior Rec center doesn't open till 9 (11 on Friday), so my partner and I don't get to exercise till 10am (11:10 on Friday). That way we can watch THE DOCTORS while working out. Well, except for Fridays, then we go right after the show is over.

I need to fit more exercise in; like my recumbant bike that's sitting in the front room. I did manage to do 10 minutes yesterday on it.
  • MiTime2016
    MiTime2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:00 a.m. and at the gym by 5:30. When I'm exercising at home (a dvd or just the treadmill) I'm up at 5:30.
    I have to get it in before work. It keeps me sane.
  • skinnybetch78
    skinnybetch78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This was the first morning of my new AM workout routine, and I was on the treadmill by 5:05! It was hell, but in the end I know it's worth it... =]
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yep. At the gym at 5:20am on strength training days; 5:40 on cardio days. In the shower by 6:45. I don't know how evening people do it!!
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    5:30 for me on week days. Usually my day is saturday and sunday I exercise around 10.
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I get up and 5 and go to 6am bootcamp 5 days a week. LOVE starting my day this way now!!
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Me!! 5:00-6:00am four days a week!
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    I'm up at 5:00am and working out by 5:30am. That's the only time that works for me. I haven't read through the entire thread and someone else may have already suggested this, but I found that sleeping with a nightlight makes it much easier to wake up when the alarm clock goes off.
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5AM and exercise till my husband is done getting ready for work and then i go get ready for the day. Makes for a long day but the payoff will be great. i also exercise a little in the evening too.:smile:
  • RabidCarrot
    RabidCarrot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am up at 3:45, exercising 4-5 before work 5 days a week. I don't get home til 5 and then I have my daughter to tend to so mornings are the best time for me right now.
  • winniebago
    winniebago Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nice if you can do it and a few months ago I was regularly up with the lark power-walking. Now I've moved on to jogging and I find I can't do it that early; blood sugar level must be too low or something - I just haven't the energy. Pity, because it's good to get the slog (and the shower) out of the way early if possible.