Dancing for daily cardio.... Who would've known it'd work so

Options

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Oh, want in on this.... too fun!!!!
    I love to dance like no one's watching ~ what did we agree on 30min by Frdiay??

Count me in!!

Woop!
    WELCOME:happy:
    Well yes, 30 min, whatever you can do. The challenge is letting it all out (alone....or not alone) 2x by Friday for starters and we'll add more to that challenge each week!!! HAPPY DANCING!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I love dancing too! Will have to try zumba out :)

Oooooh yes some of us were wondering and a couple ladies asked me earlier about trying Zumbe out! Any recomendations on some videos to purchase or download? Heck even some of your own would be FANTASTIC:happy:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Great! My hubby bought me a dancing with stars workout video so hopefully it helps!

Welcome,
    Ah I'm doing that too! Is it the Cardio video?
    Don't be afraid to dance your heart out....or the night away. Which ever you choose:happy:
  • purdygrl
    purdygrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    okay so it is one in the morning just got home from my bars Karaoke night. Danced a total of 45 minutes had a great time.
    Love this challenge so far awesome
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    Ok, this sounds like loads of fun. I am not one for dancing in public, but at home with the kids or alone I am all in!

I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts, but someone mentioned some dance-moves DVDs they got. I have wanted to do some for a long time, but not knowing which one(s) to get I haven't. Any suggestions? I just borrowed a Ballet one from a friend, but that is more for strength and flexability. I am hoping for something with more cardio, hip-hop of salsa. I use to do a Latin Style Areobics at my last gym and it was awesome! Any help would be appreciated. I have an hour before getting the kids lunch ready, think I'll go crank up some tunes and dance for a bit!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    okay so it is one in the morning just got home from my bars Karaoke night. Danced a total of 45 minutes had a great time.
    Sounds like you had a great night of fun and and a great workout all rolled into one:wink::tongue:

I'm jumping in on this one, sometimes I dance when I clean. hahah I know I know, it would sound crazy to some but not all my new best friends here on Dance ourselves silly having loads of fun and awesome cardio to boot:drinker: :tongue:

I'm in Girls:bigsmile:

2 by Friday I can do that and then I'll be watching for the next challenge:wink:

Fun Fun Fun
    Becca:heart:
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm jumping in on this one, sometimes I dance when I clean. hahah I know I know, it would sound crazy to some but not all my new best friends here on Dance ourselves silly having loads of fun and awesome cardio to boot.

LOL, I dance while I am cooking! My favourite is selections from the "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hello gang :)

Did my dancing yesterday while i cooked dinner. I managed to dance my heart out for about 2 hours...on and off...based on my hrm i burnt 290 calories.

Thanks for the challenge :)
    see ya later!
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options

Oooooh yes some of us were wondering and a couple ladies asked me earlier about trying Zumbe out! Any recomendations on some videos to purchase or download? Heck even some of your own would be FANTASTIC:happy:

I just ordered some zumba dvd's off of t.v. I can't wait for them to get here lol. Should get them in 3-7 days.
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I just ordered some zumba dvd's off of t.v. I can't wait for them to get here lol. Should get them in 3-7 days.
    I'm going to search for some today....I've been told so many good things about it! I can't wait :bigsmile:
  • Islandgirl3747
    Options
    Started Last night, as soon as I got home dance for 45 mins, like it was nobody's business. my heart rate was up and it felt SOOO good. I was sweating like crazy and taking in alot of water!

This is so fun!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great night of fun and and a great workout all rolled into one:wink::tongue:

I'm jumping in on this one, sometimes I dance when I clean. hahah I know I know, it would sound crazy to some but not all my new best friends here on Dance ourselves silly having loads of fun and awesome cardio to boot:drinker: :tongue:

I'm in Girls:bigsmile:

2 by Friday I can do that and then I'll be watching for the next challenge:wink:

Fun Fun Fun
    Becca:heart:

Heeey, welcome! Not silly at all! I do it too, as I'm sure most women on here will agree that they do it too! It's just fun. Plain and simple and a great way to loose weight! :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm jumping in on this one, sometimes I dance when I clean. hahah I know I know, it would sound crazy to some but not all my new best friends here on Dance ourselves silly having loads of fun and awesome cardio to boot.

LOL, I dance while I am cooking! My favourite is selections from the "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack!!

Ugh I love Moulin Rouge! Gonna dance to that today I think:wink:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Started Last night, as soon as I got home dance for 45 mins, like it was nobody's business. my heart rate was up and it felt SOOO good. I was sweating like crazy and taking in alot of water!

This is so fun!

Yes it is..can't wait to dance my a** off tonight...keep it up girl :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hello gang :)

Did my dancing yesterday while i cooked dinner. I managed to dance my heart out for about 2 hours...on and off...based on my hrm i burnt 290 calories.

Thanks for the challenge :)
    see ya later!

Great job!!! Funny how you get lost in it and time just fly's by!!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

Right on! Let us all know how it goes! I'm really interested in purchasing myslef!:smile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

This is so fun!

Good for you!

Isn't it! I love dancing, does so much more then just raise your heart rate and it's fun too, that's what I love about it:smile:
  • phollywood8785
    Options
    Im in! yay Im pumped!!
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Count me in too! I do this already, a few times a week! Usually with Lady Gaga while putting away my dishes LOL.
    As far as moves go, I try to constantly keep my feet moving and I incorporate a lot of squats. Keep your core/tummy engaged as well. Try to keep the arms above heart level.
    It's amazing how just 10 mins of this gets my heart rate up far more than walking for an hour. Plus it's crazy FUN! My boys are still young so they just look at me like I'm weird and keep on playing:-)
    I'd love to try Zumba too- they offer it twice a week at our town center so I need to check into that and see if it's full yet.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Count me in too! I do this already, a few times a week! Usually with Lady Gaga while putting away my dishes LOL.
    As far as moves go, I try to constantly keep my feet moving and I incorporate a lot of squats. Keep your core/tummy engaged as well. Try to keep the arms above heart level.
    It's amazing how just 10 mins of this gets my heart rate up far more than walking for an hour. Plus it's crazy FUN! My boys are still young so they just look at me like I'm weird and keep on playing:-)
    I'd love to try Zumba too- they offer it twice a week at our town center so I need to check into that and see if it's full yet.

WELCOME :)
    Good for you! My youngest looks at me like I'm crazy too...lol I can usually get him to join in for a little bit then he's bored...lol unless I dance with him on my hip:) I love dancing to Lady Gaga's music too! Love doing squats while dancing, except when I do them I make a figure 8 with my hips and I feel the burn all over! You should give it a try ;)