Is anyone exercising at 5:45 in the morning??

Options

Replies

• ThereOnceWasAUnionMaid
    Options
    My husband is a baker so on the days he works I get up with him. Which means that I get to the gym between 3am and 5am, depending on how early he has to work. So you're not the only one! I love getting my workout done early, it makes me so much more productive at work and I love being able to just crash out after work.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am!!
  • silencethelamb
    silencethelamb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I'm out the door 4.45 to 5 AM to get my running in before work :)
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My Crossfit class is at 6am! Im working out in the dark!
  • runlisaloo
    runlisaloo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Four-O-Eight. That's what time my husband and I usually get up to go to the gym before work. I'm usually exercising by 5:15 a.m. We either go to the gym, pool, or the part to walk/jog. This morning he swam, and I went to TRX class. Tomorrow I'll hit my Trekking class before going to Pilates. I'm usually at work by 8 or 9. We've both been doing this for decades. It's the only way I've found to stay consistent with my exercise. I kind of like that at that time in the morning the roads are pretty empty. :happy:
  • rhalse
    rhalse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes. I get up at 5:00 to workout. I'm wanting to start getting up 15 or so minutes earlier to get a little more of a workout in, but it is pretty hard to get up when I do already.
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:30am to start exercising! :-)
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm up anywhere between 5 and 5:15 depending on what class/workout I'm doing!

Anything before that and I cannot function!
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Of course!! Some days when I have an early class then work after so I have no time to workout later. I get my butt in the gym at 5:00am :)
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    Yes mam I'm working out by 4:30 in the mornings! Love working out early NOW. lol I used to hate it with a passion though, couldn't have gotten me out of bed with the jaws of life.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    on the days that I work and have something going on AFTER work i do. I would say 3/5 days im at the gym at that time.
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I work out at 5:15 when I know it won't fit in after work due to family obligations. But I try not to get up that early two days in a row, if I can help it. Generally I get up that early 2-3 days a week.
  • Jory2pointOh
    Options
    Obviously I'm just starting out. Do you guys eat before you exercise in the morning or after?
  • TheAwesomeOwl
    Options
    I was up at 6am to work out this morning and hopefully every morning. I eat afterwards, or I'd puke. I think it sets You up for a day of good eating, rather than thinking "I'll eat X, Y and Z now and make up for it later.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get up at 5:30 and generally start exercising between 5:40 - 5:50 in this morning. So much easier to get up, do it, and be done with it. :smile:
  • NeverGivingUp
    NeverGivingUp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:50am to work out :sad:
  • trishmce
    Options
    Yup. Start lifting around 5-5:10am then go into a 545 Spin class, there are a lot of us in there!
  • bjreetz08
    Options
    When I was in high school I would get up and go that early in the morning. Now I just don't have the energy in the morning. I am not a morning person at all!! If I had to get up that early every morning I would die! Has it helped you with your weight loss efforts?
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Obviously I'm just starting out. Do you guys eat before you exercise in the morning or after?

If i'm going for a casual jog I won't eat beforehand, if I'm doing weights I will
  • maaky3
    maaky3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing by then!