Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein Shake Recipe I gotta share

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    bump
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    bump
  • You are a genius. I'm not even kidding.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    bump!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    bump
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    @OP - Great recipe idea that I definitely want to try. Also, when your profile pic is very small, it looks like you have a pet lion :)
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Wasn't sure if I was going to like protein shakes....so I went in my husband's stash of Whey Protein...he had bought chocolate... not the tastiest stuff I have ever tried...so after several tries I found a way I enjoy it...

1 scoop of chocolate protein (120 cals)
    1 cup of coffee cooled (0 cals)
    1/4 cup 2% milk (30 cals)
    1 tsp Splenda
    Ice

Total Cals : 150 cals

I mix it in my Magic Bullet.... it makes it nice and smooth. The protein fills me up, I get my cup of java... it actually taste pretty good.... a great way to start off my day !
  • Wow that sounds really yummy! Do you know the total cal. for the shake?
    I started strength training at the gym today and saw everyone with their protein shanks and I was like
    I really hateeeee protein shakes but I felt left out or like I was doing something wrong so Im really glad that\
    you shared this info!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    This very well may be my dinner tonight! Thanks for sharing.
  • ijavagypsy
    ijavagypsy Posts: 109 Member
    Sounds really good!
  • CSueB
    CSueB Posts: 31 Member
    THANKS! Tthe pudding sounds like an excellent addition. :)
  • jvheel
    jvheel Posts: 6 Member
    Bump
  • timarii
    timarii Posts: 36 Member
    pudding is processed isnt it? Im just asking because Im trying to eat clean but looking for protein shake ingredients with low sugar. I usually make pina colada shakes but the banana and frozen pineapple add so much sugar.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    pudding is processed isnt it? Im just asking because Im trying to eat clean but looking for protein shake ingredients with low sugar. I usually make pina colada shakes but the banana and frozen pineapple add so much sugar.

I would say yes because if you look at the ingredients - it even has cocoa processed with alkali - I just did a google, cause I was curious too.

The only thing I know for lower sugar is frozen fruit that would naturally be lower in sugar or just plain water and ice. I add a litle instant coffee to my chocolate to make it like a frozen coffee drink. I don't usually worry about the sugar if its in real food like fruit.
  • Can you make this in a blender cup? If so I'm making it with my chocolate protein powder and vanilla pudding :)
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    After my Work out I made this up for myself (I didn't have any protein powder on hand):

1 Cup frozen fruit (I used Dole mango/pineapple) or replace with 1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 Cup fat free plain yogurt
    1 Tablespoon raw natural Wheat Germ
    2 Tablespoons Cold Milled Golden Flax Seed
    1 Tablespoon Clove Honey
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Put all in Food Processor or Blender to mix. Pour in a glass and enjoy!
  • jkwpdx
    jkwpdx Posts: 29 Member
    Now this sounds delicious. Saving this version for sure.
  • OMG I tried this and YUMMY it is so good!! I used cheesecake pudding and vanilla protein mix and in the cake icing section I pick up a packet of white choc, raspberry icing flavoring (10 cals.) And it was HEAVENLY!!! :)
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    I'm going to try this. Sounds yummy.
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    bump