Setting SHORT-TERM goals

Options

Replies

• NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't really think in short term goals....which I need to start thinking in because long term ones are kinda exhausting me.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    my short term goal is to wake up tomorrow. Then take that day as it comes.
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    :happy: Mine is do make sure I do 5 cardio sessions this week, all around an hour. Plus to walk to the gym (which is about 45 minutes round trip) for at least 2 of those sessions.

Thanks for the new way of thinking with the post by the way - I had thought purely in terms of lbs before!
  • dorihinkelmann
    Options
    right now honestly my only goal is to lose 1lb/wk...and get to the gym to walk at least every other day since there r things around my house/yard that i can do as well until my doctor gives me the ok to do more...
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    To loose 20lb by the 1st April (April Fools Day Challenge) 2lbs a week with 4 weeks at 1lb just in case. :)

Edit: I'm already 1lb ahead! Yay!
  • bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have my weight loss goals broken down into my "milestone" weights, roughly every 20 lbs. Just hit my first one after several months of trying, mostly due to a long break in the fall.

I like the idea of a daily short-term goal to go with my weekly goal of being under my calorie goals/macro goals (still haven't hit the macro's yet). I might try that "no bread" day here soon.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Complete my 5k training (had never run before) and run in a local 5k on Feb 9th, running the entire course! Then seeing if I can extend that training to a 10k and run a 10k race in March!
  • mbrickle
    Options
    I started at 161 and am now 125.4...I'm hoping to get down to about 108 or so given my small frame and my height (5'3".) That being said, when I feel I'm having a difficult time, or I'm gaining and losing the same few lbs, I give myself a "challenge" for a specific amount of time (ie: I will stay on track for 2 weeks because I can do anything for 2 weeks) that usually helps motivate me, and at the end of two weeks or 30 days of staying within calories I usually have lots several pounds which motivates me even further for the next few weeks.

I began to implement different arm weights last weekend and my short term goal is to build on that, and be down to 120lbs by Feb 11th. Once I'm out of the 120's and into the teens I am going to make an appointment at the spa for a massage!
  • mpenner61
    Options
    My first short term goal was to weigh less than what my driver's license said that I weighed (renewed 3 years ago and of course I was optimistic when I stated my weight). I have already achieved this.

My next goal is to get down below the weight limit for sky diving before the season ends this year.
  • mirandaallyn
    mirandaallyn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    real pushups!!! and a couple assisted pull ups :)
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    My goal is to see my fat percentage drop. Everytime I beat (or match) my lowest I get a smiley face on my chart - four smiley faces and I go clothes shopping.

I use the same chart for my daughter, boyfriend and his mom.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I got out my wii-fit yesturday. I want to use it at least 2 times a week working on my balance. This will be on top of my 4 trips to they gym.

So much more fun than the BOSU!

And I actually like the BOSU, as in if I am found dead with a toothbrush through the back of my head, I was probably standing on the BOSU brushing my teeth, no need to look for a murderer. Now that you know that, please don't murder me by shoving my toothbrush through the back of my throat.

I just keep thinking of all the things I want to do as I get more fit! Zip Lines, aerial dance moves, acro yoga, jumping off the boat without my life jacket (perhaps I should actually take some swim lessons,first)
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    To lose approximately 4-5 pounds each month until goal weight, or whenever my body looks fit (strength training) , so whichever comes first :)

Eating more veggies.. I actually eat veggies now, well more variety!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Run an 8 minute mile

Increase the number of push ups I can do

Lose 5% body fat
  • 3saLarson
    Options
    My mini goal is to be under 300 lbs by April.
    ETA I ment under 300 not 200. doh!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    1 pound down by Jan 21. 2 pounds down by Jan 28. 6 pounds down by March 1st. Need I continue? Lol.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    - Lose 10lbs before my surgery on 20th Feb
    - Daily goals of 3ltrs of water (recommended by my neuro because of POTS)
    - Increase salt intake (also recommended by neuro)
    - Adhere to Low FODMAP Diet (recommended by Neurogastro)
    - Start going to disabled swimming sessions again
    - Start doing my physio again (have been a bit slack on that front)
    - Go to bed before midnight and up before 9am
    - Start using my wii fit again as it is at a level that I can do with my disabilities

So I have a fair few short term goals. As part of my physical rehab programme I'm always re-assessing my goals :)
  • jodilo88
    Options
    I want to lose 5 pounds by the end of this month (currently working on trying for 2 a week...at the very least 1 1/2 a week) and every month up until the end of June - by then I would be out of the 200 club =D
  • LaPipebomb
    LaPipebomb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Increase my sprint speed on the treadmill (currently 8 mph for at least a minute), as well as my rest pace (currently 5 mph, would like to see it increase to 5.5 or 6).
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are to pre-plan most of my meals, run 2-3 times, 2 yoga sessions and 3 strength sessions.

Another shorter term goal is to run a 5k race on St. Patrick's Day - I'm in a 10 week training clinic for that right now. After that I will train for a 10k.