What foods are you cutting out to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    French fries, all white foods, and soda are the big ticket items.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I won't say anything is "off limits" it just ends up ticking me off and I usually end up grouchy - and wanting to quit. I want to stick with this as a lifelong habit not a "diet" so I have to make it liveable.

I decided to try to eat only non - processed foods, I've only been doing this a little over a week and I've had a few slips - but compared to what I was eating, its a huge improvement. Not to mention I "feel" so much better.

I also allow myself a cheat day during the week.

If I end up having a major craving I allow myself to have it - but only two bites.

Each person has to find what works for them.

Good Luck!
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have been without chocolate for two weeks now. Hoping to keep going the same way. :)
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Any kind of soda (diet or not), french fries, and fast food. Don't miss any of it at all!! In fact, I'll bet the person who most hates vegetables on this site would eat vegetables before I ate any fast food.
  • 253down
    253down Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    soda and fast food for the most part. I feel better after only one week
  • jojowack
    jojowack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Booze! As much as I love to kick back with a drink I found that I was tired and bloated the next day...and the empty calories add insult to injury. No drinkie for me until I see some results =(
  • LiftingStrong
    Options
    I cut out soda, chips, candy, fried anything, the basics pretty much. Downing a lot more protein-heavy meals, doing this in order to get lean and lose my belly flab. Haven't eaten Mcdonalds in around three years or fast food in general.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out ANYTHING I enjoy...I just eat less of it, and make sure to eat a balanced diet. I make sure to get a good amount of fruits/veggies/whole grains every day and always have room for "treats". I never would have lasted if I had to cut out my favorite foods!
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Mexican food, fast food, Italian food, chips, sweets...
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have Celiac's Disease (gluten allergy), I'm also lactose & soy intollerant & do not enjoy red meat, chicken or fish (due to the junk pumped into them!!). So if there is food that is not processed (or that I can make from scratch) that I can eat, I enjoy it. I workout hard at least 5 days a week, and I'm doing this as a Lifestyle, something that I can live with for life. I'm not doing this just to lose weight or keep it off for a few years. I'm doing this to ensure that 10, 15, 20 plus years from now, I can still enjoy life and be healthy.

The one thing I learned a long time ago is that I will avoid depriving myself of something, providing I can eat or drink it with no adverse side effects and it has at least some health benefits. It's working - I enjoy my health & plan on keeping it for a long time to come!
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I used to eat McDonalds 3-5 times per week and quit cold turkey last year! My one year McDonalds-free anniversary is coming up in a week and a half ;) It was soo hard at first, but it's great now :smile:
  • juanita380
    Options
    Cut out bread, cookies,sweets.Allow myself sugar free jello and pudding. increase fruit and veggies and water
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I am eating junky food less often, and less of it when I do.

I am not cutting anything out entirely.

^^ this.

I cut out soda 3 years ago, but for different reasons. I haven't had fast food burgers in, like forever, but that's more because I figured out what I love about those burgers is the greasy salt... or.. the salty grease. But the actual food has no memorable flavor or appeal to me. But man I miss that greasy salt sometimes :S

I make what I eat work, and I like working for what I eat :)
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The only things I am cutting out are gluten, dairy, and soy, and this is only because I have allergies to them. If I could, I would incorporate them into my diet.

I still regularly eat GF chips, chocolate, bacon, and other "bad" foods. I just eat them in moderation.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. I don't feel it's necessary to eliminate foods I like simply because I am eating less than what I need to during maintenance.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    The second serving.
  • shirleyanne2012
    shirleyanne2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out any foods as I don't eat sugar, don't buy junk foods, eat lots of vegetables, some fruit, some meat and natural dairy (fresh cows milk when I can get it, unhomogenized when I can't) but what I will cut out is sitting at my computer during lunch breaks choosing instead to get more exercise outdoors. :flowerforyou:
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Right now its just soda. I eat a few snacks here and there and it hasnt slowed my weightloss.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I cut fast food out completely. At the beginning I cut out bread, cheese and sweets but now I just eat small amounts of them.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Been resticting myself so much i decided to take some well founded advice and cut nothing but eat less of processed food