Are you the pretty FAT chick?

Replies

• I work in an office as well, unfortunately counting calories is a stickler but I would advise bringing your own lunch's/snacks so you don't deviate from the plan. Also I would find at least 5 or 6 reaesons to get up and walk around. If you can do wall push ups or squats do it!! get your friends involved. I pull one of my co workers to do some type of workout every hour or so. GOOD LUCK!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    I know a guy that tried the Dukan diet , he lost a bit first up , then nothing really, and put more back on.
    I think you have to consider Nutrition as well as calories.
    some folk think they can eat 1200 cal worth of crap and lose weight, but really it gets back to healthy choices not just calories,
    you should eat fruit , veg, good protein,
    forget slipping in a chocolate bar because you did a bit of walking,
    just thought I would say that ....

Makes sense..Thanks
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    How about eat a bit less, move a bit more and the weight drops off. Worked for me.

Different strokes for different folks. You look amazing btw

How else do you think you will lose weight short of lipo?
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Diets don't work. It has to be a lifestyle change to eat healthier...if you do that the weight will fix itself.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    How about eat a bit less, move a bit more and the weight drops off. Worked for me.

No, it's not different strokes for different folks.

Unless you have a medical condition that prevents/inhibits weightloss, anyone and everyone can lose weight via a calorie deficit.

If you think you might have a medical reason that is preventing you from losing weight, see your doctor. But if your ticker is correct, and you have lost 14 lbs since October, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you don't.

Had my thyroid check and its fine..anyone and everyone can lose at their own pace. What works for you may not work for me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    maybe the power of prayer
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Ugh. I've been told I have a pretty face...don't they know that's not the same as actually being pretty?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member

Unless you have a medical condition that prevents/inhibits weightloss, anyone and everyone can lose weight via a calorie deficit.

If you think you might have a medical reason that is preventing you from losing weight, see your doctor. But if your ticker is correct, and you have lost 14 lbs since October, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you don't.

Had my thyroid check and its fine..anyone and everyone can lose at their own pace. What works for you may not work for me.
    Sorry, but like I just said, if you don't have a medical condition preventing you from losing weight, you can lose weight the same way I did.

Calorie. Deficit.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Hey guys anyone try the Dukan Diet? I'm sorry but I'm online everyday at least 10-12 hrs.a day due to work so I may ask a million questions and have a million and 1 different topic post. Hope I'm not getting on anyone nerves. I'm just really trying to stay focus on getting this weight off. I'm really looking for something that works for me. Not a quick fix, just something that works besides counting calories. Not saying anything is wrong with counting calories. I'm 4 months into counting calories. I have an office job so I'm sitting a whole lot.
    I want to do the lapband but I'm scared. Ive thought about juicing ..eww I have a weak stomach, I think I may vomit. Fasting I have tried but afterwards not a whole lot difference. Diet pills you name it and I've tried it. Exercise, yoga, gym, Pilate's yep tried that too.
    Eating one big meal a day or 5-6 small ones tried it. No bread, rice, sodas etc. Yep tried that too! What about just straight fish veggies and water?

Suggest something please ..and Thank You I'm really tired of being the cute or pretty FAT chick.

P.S. Please don't leave any negative comments..if you don't have anything nice to say Please move on and say nothing at all.

my aunt and brother both had the lapband, and since, have both had to have it removed. my aunt spent 2 years throwing up everytime she swallowed something (ew, even in restaurants) and had to go to the er atleast monthly to have the band loosend because food was literally stuck and not going down. my brother had to have it removed because at 24 years old, he was going bald, losing muscle mass at a very fast rate, and his skin was turning yellow. i dont know, im not a md, but it just doesnt seem worth it to me... id rather buckle down and focus on a good weight loss plan, so i can say i did it all by myself! to each thier own, good luck, and GOD bless!!!
  • wheniwas20
    wheniwas20 Posts: 11 Member
    Counting calories may seem boring, but you aren't condemned to do it for life. Once you've done it for a while you'll learn what foods to eat and what to steer clear of. Its educating yourself. If you plug everything into the calculator you might be surprised at how many calories are in some of the food you eat, and you can learn to find foods you like that are lower in calories.

Even if you do nothing else, changing your diet at that basic level can have a real impact. (Of course, match it with exercise and you'll see faster results and improve your health...)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member

Physically, it will, unless you have a medical condition preventing weight loss. It's physics- it doesn't change from person to person. If you intake less calories than you expend, the extra calories (the deficit) have to come from somewhere. Energy cannot be created from nothing. It's one of the few absolute unchangable laws of physics. That energy must come from your stored glucose, fat, or muscle tissue. It works for everyone, period.

Now, if you are saying that you have mental/emotional/behavioral reasons this method doesn't work with your lifestyle, that's possible, and that would make the process more challenging.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    The best tip I can come up with for you.

At lunch and dinner, make your plate 50% veggies. (not ones drowning in oil. But you can definitely add a teaspoon or 2s worth).

Then make the rest protein and whole grains.

That's the easiest trick I can think of.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member

Sorry, but like I just said, if you don't have a medical condition preventing you from losing weight, you can lose weight the same way I did.

Calorie. Deficit.

No, she can't. Cause she clearly doesn't want to.

OP, people are trying to give you advice but it's clear that you don't want to hear anything short of wizardry. The best of luck to you in all your future endeavors.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Okay well first of all, judging from your profile picture, if you consider yourself "the pretty fat chick" I don't even want to know what you would consider me. The fact that you only have 44 pounds to lose and you're even MENTIONING lap band surgery is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!! It sounds like you probably need to set aside the external stuff for a while and start working on the internal stuff.

It sounds like you've tried a lot of things, so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you know what foods are healthy and nutritious and what foods are not. Focus on your nutrition and make better choices every day. You won't find a quick fix...You have to make a permanent change for life.

It's going to be hard and you're going to fall down....A LOT! Just make sure when you do fall down, you immediately pick yourself back up and keep it moving.

Own it and be FABULOUS!! :)
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    P.S. Please don't leave any negative comments..if you don't have anything nice to say Please move on and say nothing at all.
    Newsflash: the lap band won't do it for you. You'll still have to count calories.

I do believe I said I was scared to get the lapband. So if I'm afraid of something Trust me IM NOT DOING IT! Id love to go bungee jumping, I want to bungee jump. Am I gonna bungee jump? HECK NO! SCARED TO DEATH!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Okay well first of all, judging from your profile picture, if you consider yourself "the pretty fat chick" I don't even want to know what you would consider me. The fact that you only have 44 pounds to lose and you're even MENTIONING lap band surgery is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!! It sounds like you probably need to set aside the external stuff for a while and start working on the internal stuff.

It sounds like you've tried a lot of things, so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you know what foods are healthy and nutritious and what foods are not. Focus on your nutrition and make better choices every day. You won't find a quick fix...You have to make a permanent change for life.

It's going to be hard and you're going to fall down....A LOT! Just make sure when you do fall down, you immediately pick yourself back up and keep it moving.

Also- STAY AWAY from all those diet pills!! You're completely ****ing up your body!!
  • Just eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight. That's the formula!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom

Profile pic was 2009 ..but I do get what you are saying. Thanks for the kind words.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Just eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight. That's the formula!

That's the formula.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    The best tip I can come up with for you.

At lunch and dinner, make your plate 50% veggies. (not ones drowning in oil. But you can definitely add a teaspoon or 2s worth).

Then make the rest protein and whole grains.

That's the easiest trick I can think of.

I like that..and will try it. Thanks