Really?

Options

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Who cares who is Hot, Hott or Hawt? Who cares what brand of shoes you prefer? Who cares what music star is your favorite? Really, that nonesense should be saved for Facebook, My Space or some or maybe even the middle school playground.

What I care about here is people's success stories, their strategies for weight loss and healthy living and maybe even some good low cal recipes.

I know it may seem like I am an "Old" (True) "Stick in the mud" (Not true), but I just think there is a time and place for everything and MFP is not the place for Hot, Hott or Hawt.

Perhaps chit-chat, fun, and games is not the correct forum for you. Stick with the success stories and such!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You done went and pissed off all the pretty people who need their fix of attention, bro. Way to go!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Hey Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games is my bread n butter until 5 so if you dont like it kick over to the other forums to chat without a sense of humor

convo-221-50e2587d50481.gif

:heart:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Real peachy, summer's eve.

Huh? you think I need to use more summer's eve? really?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I agree.. why do people waste time with that nonsense?
    You mean like the favorite perfume, "Drop a word ....Add a word" game, "*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*", and "If he was yours, what would you call him?" threads you've participated in during the last couple of months? :huh:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh burn!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Is anyone at all surprised that many responded to this post in a very defensive manner to a simple statement about content on a public forum?

No. Although not quite on point, this following quote was something I read on a sports forum I frequent. It can be applied to most forums.
    Internet commentary in general, from sports teams, to hotel reviews to lol-cats is overwealmingly negative. For many forums and message boards are largely an "I oughtta write a letter!" outlet for venting complaints. It's a totally consistent rational human behavior. Negativity bias is well documented in volumes of psychological and market research. It takes a standout performance to get on a consumers good side, but it takes pretty much any un-remedied error to get on their bad side. Consumers take the time to comment if they have EXCEPTIONALLY positive experiences, or if they are sent out the door with pretty much any negative experience. Nothing special about how that relationship plays out here.

My answer to those who are frustrated with or don't approve of how others choose to make use of the forum is instead of complaining about other people's words of which you have ultimately no control, (and ironically further confirming the negative bias hypothesis in the process) why not simply change the dymanic with your own positive and compelling commentary? That is a rhetorical question. I know exactly why not. Because you are also subject to the negativity bias. We all are. It's human nature and pretty much inescapable.

However, if you are dead set on trying to overcome the natural human impulse to complain faster than we compliment, then it would behoove those unsatisfied with other's choices about the use of the forum to put their mouths where their mouths are and step up their own positivity game. No amount of complaining about other people's posts is going to change anyone else's behavior. Yes, including the complaining I am doing about the complainers about complainers right now. So go slap yourself in the nads.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get really mad when they go to the cereal aisle and can't find cucumbers? Or worse, when they find cucumbers in the produce section, but next to the zucchini... don't people know those should be kept by the tomatoes.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Kum+Ba+Yah,+my+Lord+-+pic.jpg
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I **** myself on the treadmill. I am hot, hawt!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get really mad when they go to the cereal aisle and can't find cucumbers? Or worse, when they find cucumbers in the produce section, but next to the zucchini... don't people know those should be kept by the tomatoes.

Win
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Pfft... cucumbers. :blushing:
  • Obey46
    Obey46 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    teambeachbody.com is that way ---->
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Is this the thread where we're all pretending we don't fruck around on MFP all day?? *putting on best high and mighty sweater*

Bah - who would ever waste their time around here? It's lacking in weight lifting experts and people that make fun of guy's d!cks!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Is this the thread where we're all pretending we don't fruck around on MFP all day?? *putting on best high and mighty sweater*

Bah - who would ever waste their time around here? It's lacking in weight lifting experts and people that make fun of guy's d!cks!

...... I resent that last statement.....
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :laugh:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    TRUE!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

heh
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    so i shouldn't of order this outfit darn it why didn't you speak up before

crazy-pics19_10605.jpg
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    1_zps469f2266.jpg
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member