Any 40 somethings out there?

Options

Replies

• GoneKona
    Options
    I'm 48, need to lose 50-80 lbs. All of ya'll can add me if you wish!
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Will be 43 in February :noway: :noway:
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    39 1/3 here.
    Let's round up.
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options
    i am 48 and have lost 64 lbs and am trying to lose another 20.
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options
    Fourty-one year old mom and wife! Feel free to add me!!! I give support!!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm young but could do with some motivating friends :wink:
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm 43 and looking for inspiration, accountability and friendship! Both my husband and I have gained 20 lbs since we met in 2009. I guess it's true that when you're happy you get lazy and gain weight :-) We're on our fitness journey together and hoping to lose 10 lbs together before our trip to Mexico at the end of February, with the ultimate goal of 20 lbs being met by July.

This is my first week and I'm looking for friends that might be willing to share recipes, workout plans, and support and I would, of course, do the same. I have a great deal of trouble in the work out motivation department and could use all the help I can get!

well, just try walking. walk at a nice pace: +3mph. go to a scenic location with a camera and walk walk walk. start that way, and see if you become less averse to excercise.
  • Mota1973
    Mota1973 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5 weeks of turning forty. I have unfortunately been a yo-yo dieter for most of my life and it's time to finish this cycle! So i have embarked in what I hope is a better route, with exercise and diet controlled by a PT and educating myself on hormones. Myfitnesspal hrlps me understand the impact of my food snd exercise choices. Understanding the "deviations" snacking causes will helpfully work as a deterrent for future binges.
  • purpleheart416
    purpleheart416 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    44 here! I've lost 22 but I'd like to lose 15-20 more!
  • BlueDiva
    BlueDiva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 43. I've struggled with my weight all my life. I've been big and I've been small. Now I'm trying to lose at least 12 so I can get all of my company's wellness points. They pay a portion of my insurance premium if I do. Plus I have a dress I want to fit into by March. We'll see. :)
  • rosieoutlook65
    rosieoutlook65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm 47 it's true but no where near fifty ;-) trying to loose 30lbs and stop watching Downton Abbey: what was I thinking with the lady Rosemary user name, i'm far more Rosethescullerymaid?!!!. :huh: Feel free to add me as a friend, and lets motivate each other!
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Would love to connect (and I need the inspiration!) I'm 47 and would like to lose 20 pounds. I have the same issue with workout motivation! Good luck with your goal! Add me to your contacts so we can inspire each other!
  • Mota1973
    Options
    Wow, congratulations for the weight loss!
  • Mota1973
    Options
    My dresses are also such a strong motivation :-)!
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I am 40 soon to turn 41, I lost my weight from Aug to Dec last year and I found this site worked really well for me. Good luck.
  • maltermatt
    maltermatt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 43. I've struggled with my weight all my life. I've been big and I've been small. Now I'm trying to lose at least 12 so I can get all of my company's wellness points. They pay a portion of my insurance premium if I do. Plus I have a dress I want to fit into by March. We'll see. :)

You can do it!!!!

And BTW... What a great plan for a company to offer! Such a full cycle concept to offer to pay a portion of insurance premiums for employees who choose to be healthy. That's motivation of a different kind and I happen to think it's pretty darn awesome! Wish more companies would do that.

Y
  • MiguelX66
    MiguelX66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    46, lots of aches and pains but no excuses! Feel free to add me. :)
  • porky44
    porky44 Posts: 34
    Options
    Will be 45 next month. Joined this site on 1-4-13 and It really keeps me accountable and reading entries and seeing before and after pics is soooo insirational and motivating. I hadn't had that before. Feel free to add me.
  • HollywoodDJ
    Options
    Just turned 41 last week and LOVING IT! I have lost 47 lbs....started March 1st, 2012.....Feel free to add me too !

p.s. I still would love to lose another 50 pounds + ....I have gone from a size 22 to a size 14 so far....

Got the exercise part down pretty ok....gotta work on the eating part (wink wink)...

I'm tryin but I am like you and I need help too.
  • redshaz73
    Options
    Hi I shall be 40 next month. I am also looking for inspiration, friendship and support.

This is day two of week one for me.

Feel free to add me as a friend.