Working Out So I Can Eat Cake and French Fries

Options
I"m not kidding. I like my cake and I like my fries. If it means I have to run three miles a day and do 45 minutes of hellacious cardio, so be it.

Really though (but I am serious about the cake and fries) New year, new me. Focusing on getting stronger, not getting skinner. Skinny is just a fringe benefit of working out and eating healthy (with some treats in-between) My real goal is to be able to run from the zombies...when the zombies hit that is! HA!

I love to cook, bake, write, scrapbook, hike, do yoga, and dance (especially when I'm grocery shopping and "Sexy Back" comes on and my husband is with me... one has never seen a grown man so mortified!)

It doesn't matter how fast I'm going, cause I'm lapping everyone else who's sitting on the couch.

Replies

• ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Outrunning zombies should be YOUR FIRST GOAL!
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    Go for it!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Love it !
  • Rmoots
    Rmoots Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I understand you, I RUN FOR ICE CREAM!!!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I do it for bacon
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I just worked out to get some calories for a few hershey squares dipped in peanut butter.

More power to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Dino924
    Dino924 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I used to envision applebees boneless buffalo wings when I was on the treadmill
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    I do it for wine!!:drinker:
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OMG you post made me laugh (in a good way) lol! Looks like you have an awesome energy about you and you will do wonderful!
    Frig I LOVE CAKE ESPECIALLY DQ ICE CREAM CAKE MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Love it!
  • xojessieannexo
    xojessieannexo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    this is awesome !!! go for it! :)
  • TriciaManiaci
    Options
    I also, love bacon!!!!!
  • TriciaManiaci
    Options
    Wine is also awesome! And thanks everyone!
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Haha - awesome! I do it for chili fries so I understand your love completely. Once I'm done breastfeeding, it will also be for wine and pasta with cream sauces.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I do it for the cake, too. And cookies. And ice cream. And... Oh hell, I just like my food! And NOT feeling like I'm wasting my life away sitting on a couch all day in front of the TV. :D
  • bluecrush1203
    bluecrush1203 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    French fries are totally my weakness! Just gotta be careful about portion sizes though. Even running 3 miles a day will not undo eating huge 500-1000 calorie plates of fries on a regular basis! Learned that the hard way ;) But after I got over the initial withdrawl of greasy goodness I'm now totally satisfied with a small serving of Mickey D's french fries as a treat once in a while.
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    especially when I'm grocery shopping and "Sexy Back" comes on and my husband is with me... one has never seen a grown man so mortified!

I have! I was beginning to think I was the only one who did this
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing your goal is to lose or maintain. You can have cake and fries but just watch how much of it you're having. Nobody said you can't have what you love. However, doing extra cardio isn't going to solve for a lot of cake and fries. Just make sure you're eating well for the most part and it's fine. I've lost 32 pounds since May and I've had plenty of cake and french fries :)
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I brake for cheese.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    for shokolade