Replies

• frankjack
    frankjack Posts: 18
    Options
    still here day 33 is today I'm in it for the long haul
  • worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    Keep it up Roy. I finished up P90 2 weeks ago and have been maintaining until this next Monday and I'm going up to P90X. Hopefully my elbow and shoulder can take it. I'm going for the lean program even though I have lost 38 pounds I still have a "middle" section that needs to go away.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you guys! Thought I was alone! Can't wait for P90X!
  • frankjack
    frankjack Posts: 18
    Options
    Day 33 done :)
  • bortass
    bortass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You'll probably love the P90X results. I lost 33 lbs and went from XXL to L shirts and tight 36 inseam jeans to a 33 when I did my first round of the X.

I'm doing things a little backwards. I just ordered P90 today and am looking forward to it. I completed 90 days of P90X back in early 09.Got into the best shape of my life. Then I hurt my shoulder, unrelated to P90X btw, and stopped everything except golf. My eating also went back to my old habits, so i gained all the weight back and then a few more pounds.

I've tried to do a second round of P90X a few times now and the best I did was making through about 8 weeks before falling off the wagon. No idea what my issue is but I'm hoping that P90 being less intense will help me get back in shape a bit and let me go on and do P90X again. I know what P90X is like and made it through 1 time, so I should be able to handle P90.

It's all about attitude. I just gotta get my head screwed on right for this.
  • bortass
    Options
    Keep it up Roy. I finished up P90 2 weeks ago and have been maintaining until this next Monday and I'm going up to P90X. Hopefully my elbow and shoulder can take it. I'm going for the lean program even though I have lost 38 pounds I still have a "middle" section that needs to go away.

I recomend classic FWIW. Lean was added later on to appeal to the cardio junkies out there, or so I've heard a few times on the BB site.

The P90X program is designed to lean you out even with classic. I can't compare it to P90 since I don't know what's in P90. Be prepared for alot of pushups and pullups. My shoulder can handle most of the things in P90X. Make sure you are careful with kenpoX though. I tweaked my elbow by 'banging my joints' on some punches. Tony warns you about it early on.

Regardless of which version of X you do, you'll have very good results. Awesome program.
  • roylawrence87
    Options
    Back in the fight!
  • emilymccowan
    Options
    Just ordered p90 today. Should be here within the next week. I was going to start with p90x, but figured that it would be too intense to start at. Any suggestions or advice for beginning?
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    Glad there are others doing this workout to check in with - on day 4! Did Cardio 1/2 + Ab Ripper 100 this am and i'm lovin the workout itself and how fast the time goes. I plan on doing Fat Burner when I get home. I too was not sure if I should try the X- version or not because I can't invest an gour to an hour and a half everyday for the next 90 days right now. But I can do 40 minutes once (or twice a day) if energy level and time permits. started out with only 5lb weights but might need to go up to 7-10lb on some of the exercises. it's weird - when I'm working out i'm not straining a but I sure do feel it later on or the next day. I can tell somethings working :laugh:
    Looking forward to sharing the journey with you guys and our results!

Make it a great day,
    Janet:heart:
  • bortass
    Options
    P90 came in while I was out of town on a business trip a few weeks ago. I meant to start Monday but didn't. I played 9 holes of golf walking and yesterday was a repeat along with 2 hours of 4 on 4 volleyball.

So I'm procrastinating but at least I got some excercise each day. I have started watching what I eat and plan to do my first P90 workout sometime today. I gotta go through and see how it works since I'm used to just throwing in the disk for the P90X workout of the day.
  • bortass
    Options
    Day 1 is done. It's very different from P90X. I think this will be perfect to get back into shape before retrying X again.
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    Checking in w/ cardio 1/2 and ab ripper 100 this am and just finished fat burning express - today is day 4 of the plan and I am within my cals, eating clean for the most part and feel much better!! I know it's only day 4 but I really am enjoying this w/o so far ..... not sure how I'll feel with level 3/4:tongue:

Have a great nite everyone,
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Good Morning ,
    A quick check in to hold myself accountable - Sculpt done!! Lunch packed w/ good clean stuff and we're off to a good start.

Hope Everybody has a smile on their face to great the day - make it a good one,
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I have it and am afraid of P90! How long does the daily routine take? I have been spoiled by the 20 minute work out I get with Jillian. Many days that is all I can manage (2 kids and working, husband works nights) But I do want to try it. Help me get motivated!
  • roylawrence87
    Options
    Hi guys!! Welcome to the program! Its awesome! Next month I'll start P90x!

TIps for the newbies.
    Pack your lunch everyday and plan each meal.
    Stop eating fast food all together. Sodas too.
    Set aside a rest day. (this is not a cheat day)
    Try to push yourself everyday. You will not be able to do it all on day one. You must build up to it.
    Its hard. Don't give up.

Anymore questions, holler at me.
    Life is worth living, so live well and happy.
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    I only have like 350 cals left for the day and I'm totally hungry!! I usually hit fat burner as a pm w/o (i'm used to doing a 2nd w/o in the pm most days) - really wanted to get that in today but hungry and tired. Maybe I will push for 20min of TJ or somehting else - just not mentally prepped to shred !!
    Welcome dmags glad you're here!! if you can do Shred you can do this for sure - YES! it's hard but it's fun and Tony does make the time go by fast - doesn't seem like 35-43 min at all. I suggest using a HRM to check your cal burn
    Sculpt - 125 cals for 32 min
    Cardio + Ab Ripper - 186 cals for 41min
    Fat Burner - 225 cals for 36 min

Good Luck!

• lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I just ordered power 90 and can't wait to get started!! Is anyone just starting or ready to do it again? Any tips?
  • roylawrence87
    Options
    Lobster, check previous post. Any more questions, just ask!

Oh, and its worth it!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips roylawrence - I already do the tips except I have a cheat day - but I knew I had to get rid of that when I start Power 90. So I am ready! I have been doing the 30 day shred, the biggest loser boot camp and I run, so I think I am somewhat prepared for power 90! Thanks for the response !
  • Miniannotti
    Miniannotti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just migrated over here from SparkPeople and wanted to see how I liked the app. I am 10 days into Power 90 and like it quite well, though can't quite get the hang of the power yoga moves. And I can only do 8 push-ups and none of the close together ones. It's a process.