Foods/drinks you should never eat or drink.

Options

Replies

• Shann5315
    Shann5315 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thankyou Puglover
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Number 5 had better not be beer. If it is, I'm burning this mother efer down!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Also, never eat sodium cyanide or peroxides.

H2O = good
    H2O2 = not so much
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Photogrrl what is with the hate, i'm just advising people. a nutritionist has given me this information, so it as to be right. i meant 4 there si no need to lash out at me when all i'm doing is trying to help people and myself. I see you have lost 30lb's good for you, but i am going to stick to what my nutritionist told me, after all they are the professionals and its facts. Say what you want, i dont care, all i care about is my health and other peoples. i have people backing me all the way and i hope you do too. People please stop hating i'm putting it out there for you as facts, you don't have to act on it if you dont want to. i put this up for positive reviews not negative.

Hm...you're gonna call ME out personally when 99 percent of the people responded similarly? Okkkayyy then.

It's not hate, it's called personal opinion. You very clearly wrote "Five" so people are wondering what happened to number five. If you didn't proofread what you wrote prior to posting...um, I'm not a mindreader, how could I know there were only "four."

And I am sorry but not everyone needs to cut out all carbs to lose weight. I just get tired of people telling everyone they have to eat a certain way/cut out all of this food/that food whatever. Do what works for you, I'll do what works for me. /End rant.

Edited to add: Yes, I may have "only" lost 30 pounds. But I did it without cutting out whole food groups, which works for me.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    1. I eat all these things. Quite regularly in fact. Check out my ticker. Your argument is invalid.

2. I don't know what kind of margarine *you're* consuming, but mine has a negligable amount of trans fat per serving (.5 g or less). Seeing as how I don't take a spoon to the margarine and chow down, not really an issue.

3. Not making a personal attack, simply saying your list is incorrect. There are no foods that you should "never" eat, unless they interfere with medication, cause you to be ill, or are laced with arsenic.

4. Where's fast food guy?
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Wow, it appears to me that most of your parents never taught you the saying 'If you don't have anything nice [POSITIVE] to say, then don't say anything at all'!! Some of you are just plain rude and it is completely unnecessary. Grow up.

My thoughts exactly these threads are for sharing information that you think might help others with their weight loss NOT to have people being rude an immature because they don't agree or want to pick a fight. If you don't agree or have anything nice to say then move along.

BTW totally agree with all of these:flowerforyou:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I just came into this thread to say don't drink concentrated sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid.

your response reminded me of a little poem i learned long ago in chemistry class:

Willy was a chemist,
    but Willy is no more,
    for what he thought was H2O,
    was H2SO4.

...and that concludes our chemistry lesson for the evening kids. :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Photogrrl what is with the hate, i'm just advising people. a nutritionist has given me this information, so it as to be right. i meant 4 there si no need to lash out at me when all i'm doing is trying to help people and myself. I see you have lost 30lb's good for you, but i am going to stick to what my nutritionist told me, after all they are the professionals and its facts. Say what you want, i dont care, all i care about is my health and other peoples. i have people backing me all the way and i hope you do too. People please stop hating i'm putting it out there for you as facts, you don't have to act on it if you dont want to. i put this up for positive reviews not negative.
    Your nutritionist is wrong. Find a new one.

Protip: Not everything everyone says is "fact", even when it comes from a "professional's" mouth.
  • azberries
    azberries Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just came into this thread to say don't drink concentrated sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid.

Don't listen to her, sheeple! Each of those products guarantees a 100% weight loss if consumed in sufficient quantities over a short period of time.

hahahahahaha--love it!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Good grief. I drank a glass of orange juice and ate wheat toast with margarine (my mom was big on the I cant believe its not butter lol) all the time for breakfast when I was a little kid and I was FAR from fat or unhealthy. None of those things are BAD for you unless you eat them in excess. I think it's silly to completely cut ANYTHING out of your diet unless you're allergic to it. Everything in moderation and you'll be fine lol.
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    Seriously? She said 5 instead of 4. Why don't we beat her for this?

I can't stand people! Quit being for damn rude!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    "Research says" Really, what research? Without links to real scientific studies (Pubmed or New England Journal of Medicine is a good start), it's all just broscience. Sorry, whether it's this subject, or AGW (Bing it), I'm tired of this junk "science" .

This is the internet.

Lower your standards in order to remain sane.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    great post-
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Ha. I gained 35 pounds without eating any of those.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Wow, it appears to me that most of your parents never taught you the saying 'If you don't have anything nice [POSITIVE] to say, then don't say anything at all'!! Some of you are just plain rude and it is completely unnecessary. Grow up.

Hi. I'm the Internet. Have we met?
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of this video lol

http://youtu.be/_Re6pZri8Gw
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Who devised this list? I bet they have no idea what they're talking about.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    ... a nutritionist has given me this information, so it [h]as to be right. ...

no, it doesn't.

(that's how dr oz pulls people in, too, btw.)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    My doctor, my registered dietitian, and my MFP friends list all tell me that this information is false. So does the fact that I eat all of these on a regular basis and I'm losing just fine.

Oh..and I had a cookie tonight, and I'm not dead. Just wanted to share. :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Seriously? She said 5 instead of 4. Why don't we beat her for this?

I can't stand people! Quit being for damn rude!

I've been in favor of damn rude most of my adult life. I'm certainly not going to stop now just because you told me to.

And no worries...I'm sure OP will be (virtually) beaten for the content of her message, not for the 5 vs 4 thing. People on MFP get a little edgy when someone gives them a list of things they should or shouldn't do.