embracing bigger boobs??

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    ive lost a significant amount of weight and went from a D to a DD!!! I've come to embrace my boosum...as have most men....lol
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You're new to this, but truth be told... it's always gonna be a pain in the *kitten*. You buy a dress and it fits up top and looks like a burlap sack on the bottom, or buy something that fits on the bottom, but won't zip up past your ribcage up top.

It is what it is. Just keep shopping for the right clothes. I buy dresses from pin up girl clothing and they believe in fabrics that really hug and stretch, but with holding shape in mind and I wear larges in their dresses. Otherwise the tits won't fit. But the truth is, buy a 10 so it fits up top and tailor it/have it tailored to fit your bottom and you'll look like hot sex.

I'm actually an advocate of cutting the sizes out of your clothing. Who cares what size it is? I have a friend who was in a size 12 causing herself an astronomical amount of muffin top, but in 14's looked like a slender bombshell. The number does not matter, it's how it looks on.

I swear I have size tens and twelves that make me LOOK like a size eight. I'd rather LOOK like a size 8 than wear size eights and look like mutton dressed as lamb...in a sausage casing.
    ;)
  • gr8pillock
    Options
    I have also gone to Victorias Secret bras only. They are expensive but only if you pay full retail. There are tons of coupons and sales where you can get them for the same price as a department store bra. They will fit you so you can be sure you are getting the correct fit and my VS bras last ten times longer than department store ones.

also, I wouldn't trust their fitting, like go get a real fitting, they just measure under and tell you your band size not your cup size and they aren't really trained at all. VS is expensive, expensive does not equal good. i learned that from VS

That's not actually true. I've had ****ty fitters in my time, but I usually know my own measurements so I know my bras. And in the end, every bra is made differently, so finding a kind/brand that fits/makes the tatas look awesome is imperative. I am ALSO a VS bras only girl now that they carry a size I can wear (I'ma 34F, so I wear 36DDD there...although I've found the 36DD actually fits in a way where I spill in a very attractive way so I will wear those as well...and in all honesty, I'm a brat and I'm trying to pretend they're not as big as they are. Oh well!

But yeah, a good vickies bra lasts forever if you take good care of it. I've NEVER found a bra that looks as good as Vickies does, and religiously. If I buy a "Very Sexy" and "Fabulous" or a "Dream Angels" online or without trying it on in store, I know it's going to look amazing when I get home.

And the right underwear are absolutely imperative, long before you put on clothes.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options

I swear I have size tens and twelves that make me LOOK like a size eight. I'd rather LOOK like a size 8 than wear size eights and look like mutton dressed as lamb...in a sausage casing.
    ;)

^^^^ THIS!!!!!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have the same issue. I have a 29-1/2 inch waist... and 42-inch boobs. Depending on the brand, I'm anywhere between a 34F and a 36H. I've found what's best (for me) is layering! I'll have a couple of dressy button-down shirts that fit through my waist, and I'll pair those with stretchy sweaters so that the top can be unbuttoned but still give me a flattering shape. Also, don't knock shopping in the maternity section (sounds cray, I know). Those clothes are designed for bodies which are constantly changing and growing. Some of my best-fitting shirts and dresses came from Target's maternity clearance rack. Look for shirts that tie around the waist, so that you can fit for your boobs and then tie back the extra material. Also, just adding a thin belt around the middle really defines your shape. I'm rather proud of having size 14+ boobs and a size 8-to-10 waist =p
    Also, I've no idea if you have this issue, but exercising can be really painful for me. So I wear an old normal bra and a sports bra on top of it. That really keeps them from moving too much.

I wouldn't be shocked if your bra size was different. Like a 30J actually. You probably need a smaller band. You definitely should be able to find a proper sports bra without needing to double up.

Especially since you are complaining about sports bra fit. I am around a 34H or so, and I do not need to double up on the bras. For reference, my waist is about 33 at the moment, and for me band size and waist size are just about equal. I wear 32-34 band bras.

OK as for you busty people, you should look for brands that are also cut for people with a larger bust:
    1. Calvin Klein (tends to fit pretty awesome on me)
    2. Ann Taylor: decent fit generally
    3. Actual brands for people with boobs: Campbell and Kate, Pepperberry, Uryke, and a few more. Head over to www.thinandcurvy.com and check out her clothing reviews (and blog roll)

I am not at my goal yet, and when I started, I thought my boobs would shrink. I was very wrong...I am halfway there and have gone down in the band and up in the cup. I started in the neighborhood of 36H/38G. Now it is more like 34H/32HH or J. Shopping won't be getting easier for me it looks like. Best case, I might be a 30H, but it doesn't feel very likely with my current patterns. :(
  • gr8pillock
    Options
    I have also gone to Victorias Secret bras only. They are expensive but only if you pay full retail. There are tons of coupons and sales where you can get them for the same price as a department store bra. They will fit you so you can be sure you are getting the correct fit and my VS bras last ten times longer than department store ones.

also, I wouldn't trust their fitting, like go get a real fitting, they just measure under and tell you your band size not your cup size and they aren't really trained at all. VS is expensive, expensive does not equal good. i learned that from VS

Yeah, their fittings are AWFUL. They actually told me...and ARGUED WITH ME...that I was a 36C. My underbust measures 31" and my chest measures 37.5". Every decent bra fitter I have ever been to (obviously not VS) has put me in a 32F or a 34E (32DDD or 34DD) depending on the brand and style.

I do have some of their bras, though, and I find a couple styles quite comfortable. But definitely have to try it on first. To get a decent bra in my particular size, I have to spend money. It seems that most people can't possibly fathom that my size exists, even though it is quite average (most people wear the wrong size anyway).

Back when I first went to VS, the fitter argued with me that I was a 38D when my underbust is 33 inches and my bust is 40. I was like... *****, who are you kidding? Then I realized when I put the thing on to prove a point (and she LITERALLY interrupted me during every sentence to say, it feels perfect, it's just right, as I'm literally trying to say I could parachute with the ****ing thing the band was so loose.

Finally realized she was trying to strongarm me into that size because they didn't ****ing carry my actual size.
    What a slut. Now they DO carry my size though! :)
  • jadedone
    Options

That's not actually true. I've had ****ty fitters in my time, but I usually know my own measurements so I know my bras. And in the end, every bra is made differently, so finding a kind/brand that fits/makes the tatas look awesome is imperative. I am ALSO a VS bras only girl now that they carry a size I can wear (I'ma 34F, so I wear 36DDD there...although I've found the 36DD actually fits in a way where I spill in a very attractive way so I will wear those as well...and in all honesty, I'm a brat and I'm trying to pretend they're not as big as they are. Oh well!

But yeah, a good vickies bra lasts forever if you take good care of it. I've NEVER found a bra that looks as good as Vickies does, and religiously. If I buy a "Very Sexy" and "Fabulous" or a "Dream Angels" online or without trying it on in store, I know it's going to look amazing when I get home.

And the right underwear are absolutely imperative, long before you put on clothes.

I have never found a Vickies bra that fits. They just sell you a size they have in their store. The only cups they have that are close enough to fitting me are at least 6 inches too bid in the band, and they still fit horrible.

I'd say, if you are wearing a DD in VS, measure yourself following this advice.

Use the bra calculator here: http://www.butterflycollection.ca/

I'd be shocked if your VS size and the calculations in the calculator come out the same.

For me, the absolute best fitting bras are Freya. The underwire fits properly. And all of my breast tissue goes in the bra. It was a huge difference over how VS sized me. I stopped needing to adjust my bra all day because my boobs were falling out!
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Embracing
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I embrace my boobs all the time..ha. Anyway, if you want to minimize, don't wear tops/dresses that have funky patterns just on the chest area. Wear v-necks and maybe more color/pattern on the bottom half as to not bring a ton of attention to the top half. A correct fitting bra is your best bet. Get measured at least 2 or 3 times and find the right support.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Stretchy tops help this issue. Stay away from button downs because it can be hard to get your size across the chest without the shoulders getting bunchy or the sleeves too long.

They don't have to be tight and stretchy unless you are trying to advertise the boobs like on a date or something. You might try the petite section of the store if those exist anymore since they make them with different proportions that might accomodate your boobs. Also look for styles like dolman sleeved tops and etc. that are just roomier in general and that might be more comfy. Be careful of the totally loose tops because unless the top comes in somewhere around your waist the boobs will billow the fabric out way further than where your belly might be and give the illusion that your belly is way out there too and that can make you come off as just fat all over.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    would it be better to have lost them like so many of us do? To have two floppy sacks just hanging there? Seriously, even my mom asked me where my Tata's went the other day. I told her they went to b00b heaven....may they rest in peace.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would like to embrace bigger boobs.....wait wut?
  • jadedone
    Options
    There are perfectly beautiful minimizer bras out there. That can help a lot. But you'd be surprised how many women love to complain about large breasts because it gets them even more attention. ;)

I don't want to get all holier than thou as a breast cancer survivor, but "boob" is so demeaning. Breasts. Just say it. It's not so bad.

I don't know why the first line of "defense" for "larger" boobs is to get a minimizer bra. Get a bra that fits properly. No minimizing needed.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    well you said it yourself! money isn't an issue! so buy the size to fit your boobs and get the rest tailored to a single digit number... and Embrace Bigger Boobs!

Yeah but then the label still says the size and that's what bothers me.

You're just going to have to suck it up and get over that and shop for fit. If you have to size up in a shirt for it to fit your breasts, get it tailored to fit the rest of you as well, then it will no longer be the 'label size'. Unless you want to take some eyes out popping buttons off your chest, there's no reason to squeeze your titties into too-small clothing that looks bad.

Agreed tough love time, no one sees the label but you and if you cut it off, even you won't see it. You have to make some concessions for your new figure or else you risk walking around looking like a squeezed sausage. It doesn't matter how cute you are or how shapely your new chest is making you tight clothing rarely looks good on anyone and feels good on even fewer. Not to be all mom like but it seems like you need to embrace YOU and not just your boobs. You personally are not a function of your size. If you needed new tires for your car would you get monster truck tires for your toyota celica just because they looked cooler? It's the same with bras, shirts, dresses and coats, they have a purpose and should be sized accordingly.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Another site if you don't want to have clothes tailored is:

http://biubiu.pl/lang/en

They're Polish, but they ship internationally. I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but I've read a lot of good reviews on blogs about their clothes.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    There's something that someone will always complain about...but big boobs?!? C'mon there are plenty of women that would love to have more boobage. Deal with it.....

I definitely won't complain about mine....I love them so...:)

Tell that to any woman who has had a reduction because of back pain and negative attention. Sometimes what is ideal in our society isn't ideal or even healthy for an individual.

Honestly, some people are so thick.

I myself, am busty, but although I love the twins, I find myself more attracted to girls with cute little perky things. BOOBS ARE AWESOME! I love 'em all, but I respect someone's discomfort about their own pair.

Oh, and these babies are definitely gunna droop with time. AW YEAH NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TIME!
  • erinpooh
    Options
    I adore my Freya bras! I went to Dillard's to get fitted, and now buy my Freya bras on eBay.

Don't get a minimizer bra! Just get a bra that fits!
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Health/posture/comfort is more important than impressing men with boobs.

I'm at that point where I don't care if I am attractive to someone else. I just want to care about my health and how I feel about myself with the emphasis on "I".

You're not any less of a person if you have smaller boobs. The right guy will focus on your inner beauty as opposed to two sacks of fat and milk duct tissue.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (and slimmer) I had the same "problem" in that often my bust size dictated my clothes size (32D and about a UK 10-12). I used to cheer myself up sometimes by buying children's clothes: Flared skirts only needed to fit my waist and my waist was 7 year old size! It used to make me feel tiny! So if it's the size on the label that's bothering you, trying things that only fit at the waist can make you feel differently :).
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Yep, my poor daughter. She has size 32G and is a size 4. And she is still a teen.