Options

Replies

• samarsiglio
    Options
    funfetti? Thats my fav
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I exercise so I can eat more. I figure it's better than what I used to do which was eat more and not exercise.
  • WakeUpMary
    Options
    Another beer lover. And peanut butter
  • Sharon_C
    Options
    Ooooh, I so want a Frosty now :sad:
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I"m not kidding. I like my cake and I like my fries. If it means I have to run three miles a day and do 45 minutes of hellacious cardio, so be it.

Really though (but I am serious about the cake and fries) New year, new me. Focusing on getting stronger, not getting skinner. Skinny is just a fringe benefit of working out and eating healthy (with some treats in-between) My real goal is to be able to run from the zombies...when the zombies hit that is! HA!

I love to cook, bake, write, scrapbook, hike, do yoga, and dance (especially when I'm grocery shopping and "Sexy Back" comes on and my husband is with me... one has never seen a grown man so mortified!)

It doesn't matter how fast I'm going, cause I'm lapping everyone else who's sitting on the couch.

Love it hahaha :laugh:
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    burger_zps2e4dbf44.jpg
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! I too let myself have something that I really love...and will let Jillian kick my butt a little more that week. Do it! We are human after all. :) I love CAKE, FRIES and wine too! :drinker:
  • jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do it for wine!!:drinker:
    Amen to that!
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Loving the posts regarding peeps exercising so that they can eat the foods they like. Yeh, that s what I call a balanced, healthy eating lifestyle. I exercise to earn my beer calories. And yes I exercise, drink beer and still lose weight.
  • Sharon_C
    Options
    That defeat the purpose . If you doing as a cheat day it ok but otherwise you defeating the purpose. 80 percent is eating habit and 20 exercise so that just wasting all hard work and you will not see benefit of hard work.

Ummmm...no it doesn't. If I want something like cake (which when it is available and has buttercream I often do!), I make sure it fits into my calories and macros. I don't deny myself from having it. MFP is already set up with a calorie deficit to lose weight. If I exercise, I can eat back those calories and still lose weight. If I deny myself the things I love, I will not stick with this plan. I love working out and do it as often as I can. Sometimes I have lots of calories left at the end of the day and some days I do not.

I HAVE seen the benefit of my hard work. I have NOT felt deprived one single day since I started this 11 months ago. I am NOT on a diet. I AM on a plan that I will be able to stick with for the rest of my life. And for me, it is working.

I :heart: you
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    I do it for bacon

I would do anything for bacon!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I do it for bacon

bacon_zps86448e64.jpg

I WANT THIS T-SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    haha, love this. :)
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    All for it
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    funfetti? Thats my fav

funfetti is awesome.

I work out so I can eat junk and drink a crapton but then I stop myself just before I make those decisions. Awesome party of 1 right here.
  • mommytoa
    Options
    I'm with you on that one. I work out so that I can eat Chocolate, French Fries, and Fried Potatoes. I also do it for my 13 month old daughter.
  • ocean_eyes25
    ocean_eyes25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    awesome! I do it for a lot of reasons but for bacon, chocolate, ice cream, utz sour cream and onion chips are really the main reason! I also am doing it so i can keep up with my 2 little boys - they run around something fierce and I want to be there for them as long as I can!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That defeat the purpose . If you doing as a cheat day it ok but otherwise you defeating the purpose. 80 percent is eating habit and 20 exercise so that just wasting all hard work and you will not see benefit of hard work.

Ummmm...no it doesn't. If I want something like cake (which when it is available and has buttercream I often do!), I make sure it fits into my calories and macros. I don't deny myself from having it. MFP is already set up with a calorie deficit to lose weight. If I exercise, I can eat back those calories and still lose weight. If I deny myself the things I love, I will not stick with this plan. I love working out and do it as often as I can. Sometimes I have lots of calories left at the end of the day and some days I do not.

I HAVE seen the benefit of my hard work. I have NOT felt deprived one single day since I started this 11 months ago. I am NOT on a diet. I AM on a plan that I will be able to stick with for the rest of my life. And for me, it is working.

I :heart: you

:blushing: Thanks! You made my day!
  • smalltheresa
    smalltheresa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It not about calories it quality of your foods. But you know what its your journey and body. Good luck and tell me how it works out for you because there is a saying you cannot exercise your way out of eating bad. There a difference between eating moderation vs. eating junk food and then trying to work it out by burning calories. There more than just calories there overall fitness like calestoral, high blood pressure and diabetics..
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    It not about calories it quality of your foods. But you know what its your journey and body. Good luck and tell me how it works out for you because there is a saying you cannot exercise your way out of eating bad. There a difference between eating moderation vs. eating junk food and then trying to work it out by burning calories. There more than just calories there overall fitness like calestoral, high blood pressure and diabetics..

I don't think anyone here is implying that they are only eating cake and fries. If you read my post, I make sure it fits in my macros and calories. I don't eat 2,000 calories of just cake in a day. I am not eating bad, but I am not going to deny myself something I really want if it fits in my day. But I guess that might not work for everyone.