for those of you with tattoos....

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I got mine at age 50 and it's deeply meaningful.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I will be getting one of mine covered up for the 2nd time, first it was two small bird ( or a bird and a blob as I always called it) just got a ****ty job done. Got it covered with a blue and yellow mccaw alot bigger, and that guy did a crap job too and got infected. So now when I get my goal weight im going to get it redone again, but I have found a great tattoo artist now and has confirmed I can get it covered with what I want.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I don't have one that I regret, but I do have one that I wish I had thought about the design and coloring better. It's a flower with a quote surrounding it, but the text is so small that in 40 years will probably illegible lol oh well.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Nope! Don't regret any of mine. The ONLY thing I'd change is the placement of one of my tats. Not a huge deal though.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    nope
  • BethanyRTS
    Options
    Sometimes--but I'd get another one!
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I regret my first one lots, it was just picked at random cause i didnt have a clue what i wanted, its winnie the pooh and tigger jumping on him and i had it on my chest so when i wear a low cut top now tigger's head is always popping out and people constantly ask what it is. I dont know about having it removed as i dont want scarring. The others i have i chose specifically though and i love them and will always love them. I agree about the name thing, i was with my ex-husband 24 years and had considered having his name on me but we are divorced now and am so glad it didnt happen. Will happily have my kids names and my grandchildrens names as they will be with me forever no matter what.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Never regret a Tattoo - I just keep adding to them, in hopes that one day i will be fully sleeved on both arms.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    I had a tattoo covered that I regretted. It wasn;t a name but it was something symbolizing my now ex-wife. But the tattoo I covered it with is amazing. :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Just don't get a persons name on you. That's all. It's covered up now. Lol.

...Unless it's your child's name. :smile:

As far as regrets? No, not really. I kinda wish I got one done by a better artist, as it looks a little "muddy," now. But no.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few, and I don't "regret" any of them per say, but there's a few that I laugh about now
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options

The exception is kids imo.
    I have my sons name on me :P
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Unless that person's name is "MOM", which I proudly wear on my arm (on a scroll wrapped around a heart). :bigsmile:
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Don't regret any of the art, but placement (side of my neck was a bad idea). Im currently in 9 months and $1700 later of laser removal. I want to serve my country that bad. Never ever dreamed of wanting to serve in the Army but here I am at 29 wanting to do so. I have many plans for other tattoos but they will always be able to be covered, without having to wear a scarf in summer :)

- JoAnna
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Unless that person's name is "MOM", which I proudly wear on my arm (on a scroll wrapped around a heart). :bigsmile:

You could get "32776646" on the other arm to represent your weight loss journey.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Don't regreat any of my six. Have found a tattoo artist for my seventh but am saving up for it...as for color, will only get black/shaded grey.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    No. Sometimes I regret the placement of one (back of neck), but not the art itself. I got it done when I had long(er) hair and didn't need to worry about hiding it. Since then, I've gotten a pixie. Now I have to grow out my AWESOME pixie because it looks like I'll be graduating soon and want the option of hiding it for interviews. Hopefully I'll get a kick-@$$ job that doesn't care about tats and I can cut my hair short again.

I have been searching for a job recently and I learned that although they still don't like piercings tattoos are more accepted now. I interviewed in a skirt that didn't cover the one on my calf and the one on my arm reaches a little to my hand. They had no problem with it. (Got the job BTW!)

Good to hear! I'm also really dreading having to take out my nose ring. And dye my hair a "natural" color. :cry:

Bummer:grumble: I wanted to get my lip pierced but they put a stop to that one. Should have done it a while ago so it could heal.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I have 3. My oldest daughter's name on my ankle and a turtle on my back between my shoulders that represents her. The third is my initials on my lower abdomen. I left just enough room to put the first letter of my married name there. My husband likes the initial tattoo as he is really the only one that sees it.
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't regret any of mine as I chose them very carefully. They also all have a significant meaning behind them.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    no regrets, but i am getting one covered up.