Revenge Weight Loss....

Replies

• Absolutely! I started getting fit long before we actually broke up, so it's by no means my only or my primary motivation, but I'd love to see the look on his face.... especially after his being so snarky when I put on some weight. Even though I didn't put on more than ten or twelve pounds, he made his feelings apparent, and he also made it clear that in his opinion, I could never lose it or be as attractive as I wanted. Nevermind that he had quite the beer gut himself and the only exercise he got was walking to and from the car. If I'm honest with myself, it would be sweet revenge to see his face when I've lost my last couple pounds and finished unearthing my abs!
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    I spent my whole childhood fat until i was 15. between freshman year and senior year of highschool i went from a size 14/16 to a size 1. there were 12 years of school boys who had rejected me sniffing around. it felt equally good telling each and every one where they could go lol
  • My weight loss wasn't a motive but a by product of the stress and depression I was left with once my 7 year relationship broke down. I just stopped eating and ended up weighing less than 8st. People said I looked ill.

Now I am in a better relationship and putting the pounds back on.. hence the reason I am here!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    No ex in the romantic sense, but an ex-coworker who'd always talked down to me, and dismissed my contribution to the team and admitted that it was because I was obese, and therefore obviously 'weak, and lacking in self-control'.

Saw her later at a conference. She weighed more than I ever had, and couldn't keep up with me walking.

revenge is sweet!
  • I didn't lose weight to show up my ex, but my god the satisfaction it gave me was incredible.

Once we had broken up (been together for 2 years), it came to light that he had cheated on me with 9 different girls (5 of which I regularly see back at home). When we met up for a dinner (still trying to be friends), it turned out that I had lost 2 stone and he had put 1 stone on.

HOW'D YOU LIKE ME NOW?!

But still. Mainly for myself, not the boys.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    For a while I did want to get back at an ex....then I realized his pathetic *kitten* isn't worth my time and even when I wasn't in great shape, I was still too good for him.

Besides, all my exes miss me - fat or not b/c they have all realized with the girlfriends after me, that no woman would treat them as well.
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    For a while I did want to get back at an ex....then I realized his pathetic *kitten* isn't worth my time and even when I wasn't in great shape, I was still too good for him.

Besides, all my exes miss me - fat or not b/c they have all realized with the girlfriends after me, that no woman would treat them as well.

LOL I feel the same way! I hope I never HAVE to run into that loser again....
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    I had the divorce from you-know-where, complete with a violated VPO (victim's protective order)*. I'd just as soon not draw any attention to myself from that direction. I've managed not to see him for years (despite having had children together) and want to keep it that way. :)

Of the men I dated in the interim between my marriages, no need for any revenge fantasies; all nice people even if things didn't work out between us.

*Which is absolutely crazy, because he'd had multiple affairs during our marriage...what's the point of harassing, hurting, or even killing me (which he threatened to do) because I didn't want him any more? He obviously did not want to be with me!
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    I lost about 20 pounds during the divorce, he made comments on how good I looked.. I then gained it all back (and then some) after meeting my current husband. After cleaning up my act and exercising, I look better than I ever did while married to my ex. I will keep it that way, my husband deserves to have a hot wife. :flowerforyou:
  • SummerNights32
    SummerNights32 Posts: 86 Member
    I lost the weight for me, but secretly hoped I would run in to him one day. His "other woman" (who happened to be bigger than me at the time), told me she didnt believe we had been together for the last 5 years because he said he would never date someone who look like me (once again, I don't think she had looked in the mirror in a long time). So, about a year after that, and about 80 pounds less than when he last saw me, we ran in to each other in a club. Haha, his expression was priceless, and it took all of about 4 hours before he emailed me asking for a second chance. My response was short and sweet..."no". That was the last time I ever talked to him.

Now I have a boyfriend who prefers a curvy and fit woman. I didn't lose the weight for anyone but myself, but losing him (and the weight) was the best thing that ever happened to be. From what I heard, he and the other woman were perfect for each other in all of the wrong ways, so I see myself as the winner here :). Plus, maybe it took me going through that to appreciate a good man when I found one!
  • SummerNights32
    SummerNights32 Posts: 86 Member

Love this!
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    I don't think I've ever done something like this. I think, when I experienced a breakup, whatever improvements occurred happened naturally because that prior relationship was an unhappy one. In unhappy relationships, I used to have the tendency to let myself go (cause the person had bad eating habits), dress in a not so flattering way, etc. Once, I was out of the toxic relationship, I realized what I had done to myself and it was like an automatic response to treat myself better and be healthy. Coming out nice looking was inherent in that auto healthy response, not a means to seek vengeance; I don't think seeking vengeance is healthy.
  • Mom2boysca
    Mom2boysca Posts: 45 Member

That's a great way to look at it! I know my ex misses me because he calls me for a booty call. Yeah not gonna happen
  • NikkiWalt
    NikkiWalt Posts: 1,326 Member
    Guilty - but I have to add that I also want the "pretty girls" from high school see that too.

Shameful, I know!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    I was Mr. Perfect in a small town and always had my weight/looks held over my head. In some ways my weight loss is a middle finger to the haters.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Guilty of this too!
  • Mom2boysca
    Mom2boysca Posts: 45 Member
    Guilty - but I have to add that I also want the "pretty girls" from high school see that too.

Shameful, I know!

Your not the only one on that one. I live in a very small town so I see people from high school all the time (I graduated 6 years ago) and still have to see these people constantly.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    NO.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    It wasn't the main reason, but yeah it was a side perk.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    no. It's all about ME.

In my opinon if it's not all about you as an indiviual, you aren't going to be as successful.