What frustrates you the most about weight loss?

Options

Replies

• bamagrrrl
    bamagrrrl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    THAT IT TAKES SO FRAZZLING LONG!! :)
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    While I'd like to see the scale show a lower number, I'm far more concerned and concentrate on getting rid of body fat ! I rarely weigh myself these days and focus on consistent exercise and good eating habits. Figure I'll weigh myself every few weeks or so...until it starts going down big time, then I'll weigh myself every hour or so lol.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The most frustrating thing is my appetite. It never slows down! And when I lift weights its like a bottomless pit! The worst though is when my mood is low, I crave sugar to "lift" me out of it. The hard part is listening to your body's wisdom even when everything else is running amok!
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That my outside doesn't match what's inside. I feel better than I have in a long time (mentally, emotionally and physically), but I still look the same.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My main one is that it takes so long to lose it. Also that is fluctuates. I have been stuck at the same weight for almost a month now and it is driving me crazy. I keep telling myself you cant give up. YOU CAN DO THIS.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The fact that I think, "If I hadn't of stopped (and started and stopped) when I started almost three years ago now I'd already be there."
  • RebeccaSparkless
    Options
    All the fabulous food out there that I can't eat!!!!!
    Add me as a friend if you feel the same way!
  • mair123
    mair123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I find comments from others so frustrating, but I also realize that most of the time they are not intended to be hurtful. It has been a long process for me and I am so happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I lost 60+ lbs in about 9 1/2 months, and I am more than happy to share what has worked for me, but I get tired of having to talk about weight all the time.

Here are just a few comments that irk me
    *You are getting too skinny now. -- First off, according to the BMI scale, if I gain even 5-6 lbs, I'll go from the normal category back into the overweight category. Secondly, I think it is tacky to comment on someone's weight. No one said to me, I think you are getting a little too fat, so no one should be commenting now.

*Is your husband more interested in you now? -- Actually, no- my husband likes me with a little meat on my bones. but he loves me and takes me as I am- fat or skinnyl

The one "downside" to losing the weight, is that I am cold ALL of the time. I am so used to running hot, that it doesn't seem natural for me to have to layer up and be cold.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Doing everything right and not seeing the scale move!
  • mair123
    mair123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Forget about the scale, do you feel better? Are your clothes fitting better or even becoming baggy?
    Focus on the big picture, not just a number.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The internal struggle between eating what I REALLY want to, and looking the way I REALLY want to.

AMEN

I second that!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    1)That it takes a lot of time to lose, but not as long to gain.

2) Knowing that I am not a special snowflake and that I will need to be on top of my food intake for the rest of my life to ensure I never get back to where I started

3) Starting new exercise programs that can make the scale stop movng for a few weeks and trying to stay positive about this and not
    getting discouraged

4) Not being as "regular" in the washroom department as I was bfore (maybe TMI but its REALLY FRUSTERATING!!!)

5) Keeping a positive mindset - this is really hard because everyone has their days.....
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,270 Member
    Options
    It can take me a month (or 2) to lose 5 pounds; however I can gain 5 pounds in a weekend:angry:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The only thing that can be frustrating for me is the time involved. When I started, I KNEW it was going to take about a year...possibly a little more.....to reach my final goal. I maintained from Thanksgiving to the present but after 2 months I am back to cases again. Four more months till my first year anniversary. Its going to be a LOOONG 4 months but I am committed. :)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    what frustrates me most is that i want INSTANT sucess--i have to remind myself that i didn't "gain" instantly, so it's not coming off instantly ##practicingpatience
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. I just do what I have to do. Its fun to change up my game plan try this and that. Since everyone is different I know I must find my own path to success.
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The insistency of my fat loss. I'm told to stop using the scale because it doesn't reflect muscle gain. Therefore I've said &@$! the scale and rely on body fat % which is always all over the place. What's a reliable gauge? Extremely frustrating!!
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That it takes forever.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I hate how long it takes. I know it's working. . . but get on with it! LOL!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I hate that it's gotten so complicated. It used to be "go on a diet", and it didn't matter if the diet had 500 calories or 1200 calories; I just followed the diet until I was done. Now it's such a delicate balance of eating too much/not eating enough, exercising too much/not exercising enough, cardio vs resistance on and on and ON AND ON!