Any ideas on snacks for someone with a sweet tooth?

Options
I am one of those people that love candy, and ice cream so as you can imaging the hardest part of my weight loss plan is cutting out my sweets. Does any one have any suggestions?

Replies

• BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Dark chocolate and frozen yogurt!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Im a big fan of frozen fruit :) I get the bags of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries) and let it thaw a little bit, and then dig in. :) Sweet tooth fixed!!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I don't keep any of these at home now. I now snack on dark chocolate. Love the Green & Black 85% dark. Also, use agave, honey with greek yogurt to satisfy my cravings. Another dip I love is nut butter + agave + banana/apples.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am totally in love with Luna bars. I eat one everyday in the late afternoon, when my sweet tooth is at it's worst!
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Meringue Mini Chocolate Cookies these fix my craving instanly 6 of them 55 calories!:happy:
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    I love cocoa cover almonds!
  • mulonet
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello hits the spot too!!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

These are fantastic!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Make your own with stevia or xylitol and healthy ingredients like cocoa powder, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, pumpkin, jumbo oats, barley flakes, block creamed coconut, eggs and whey protein. There are some great healthier ice cream recipes using bananas, unsweetened canned evaporated milk, eggs or low sugar custard.

I particularly like low fat soft cheese blended with peanut butter, cocoa powder and natural sweetener, then served with black forest fruits.
  • lindseym18
    Options

These are fantastic!

I couldn't agree more! Delicious and they come in little 100 calorie packs to take on the go.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Frozen berries are a good solution, as MdmAcolyte said.

Hickory Farms has tiny mini-mint melties that are good for a sweet tooth. Let them slowly melt on your tongue; I limit myself to 10-15, which is about 30-45 calories, I believe (double check that number....I'm going by memory).
  • Bambers14
    Bambers14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I found an amazing peanut butter protein powder that tastes like Reese's yum. Otherwise a square or two of dark chocolate (not milk chocolate) would work for you if you can fit it into your calories. Grapefruit in the morning with some stevia is another option or berries don't have too much sugar in them but are sweet.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    pineapple
    bananas
    strawberries
  • marley86pit
    marley86pit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Two things I have recently discovered..... Voskos Greek Yogurt plain... then I mix in a scoop of Hyvee brand Chocolate protein power. Not only amazing but low in carbs, sugar and fat. :smile: The second is Pure Protein Revolution Carmel Chocolate Bar. 1 bar has 17g carb, 1g sugar 180 cal and 20g protein

Good Luck!
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Special K bar Chocolate pretezels... only 90 calories and so yummy!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    toss a small sweet potato in tupperware.
    cover with cinnamon.
    microwave for 3-4 minutes (or more depending on size).
    open, mash, make everyone around you jealous.
    All of that win for 100 calories or so.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I mix sugar free/fat free pudding mix with FF milk (as much as it calls for on the box) then mix that with FF cool whip, put it in the middle of two low fat graham crackers and freeze them ..they're delish :smile:
  • harrisa
    harrisa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nibble on blueberries or raspberries, or my favourite is stewed apples sweetened with calorie free sweetener. You can add blackberries to this. One Werther's Original shortly before bedtime can take the edge off long enough to get to sleep.
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use the chocolate mini mini wheats 52 of them only have 200 calories and it has a good dose of iron :) They are sweet, crunchy and chocolaty :)

If you are looking for more of an ice cream mush up a banana and freeze it or take some grapes and put them into the freezer. Hope those help :)
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have this exact same problem! And it is horrible to fight against it. So I try to balance it by eating something that is really sweet like grapes, mango, honeydew melon. And since I adore chocolate, I either eat 1 or 2 squares of a 70%-80% dark chocolate or I invest in an organic low fat cocoa powder. Yummy :)