anyone looking to lose 20 pds or less

Options

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    5'4", 139.8lbs, 20.4% Body fat.

I am looking to drop about 15 to 20 pounds in body fat.

Years of doing what seemed right (SUPER low calories, tons of cardio, off and on etc) lead me to the dreaded skinny-fat stage.
  • iowastategirl5
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and probably close to 160. I'd be very happy at around 145! :smile:
  • vivianngo
    vivianngo Posts: 21
    Options
    yeah i'm trying to lose around 8 pounds, and I feel like it's going to take awhile... :sad:
  • Traveler922
    Options
    Just checked your reply. Hadnt seen them before now. Life is different now. There was a time when If I wanted to drop a few pounds it wasn't a problem. This time its been a real struggle. I found out the hard way what happens when you stop working out and dont watch what you eat. I just keep trying. Sometimes its a stuggle and other days it isnt. I keep reminding myself that the important thing is to be patient and keep trying. :smile:
  • bookdame
    Options
    I am just trying to lose 10 pounds! I am so proud of the people who lose 100 pounds but I think we have a different plight, because every meal counts when you are almost at your goal.

I would love to have some friends on here to keep me encouraged! Add me :))
  • Kaymart79
    Options
    Actually, it feels so good to see that their are others out there in the same weight and goal range as myself.
    I'm currently 132 5'2 trying to get down to 125-120 either or would actually be nice. I think that'd be what I'd settle for contently. But its such a struggle to get the last few pounds off.
    But anyone can feel free to add me! I'd love some encouragement and I'd be more than happy to help motivate others trying to shed thos last 10-15 pounds.. those are the worse.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I have 12 more to go to hit my goal weight. Might go for a little more but not sure. Depends on how I feel and look.

need to add: I'm 5'11" and now 167 lbs. Going for 155 maybe a little lower. My husband doesn't want me to get too thin. He says I was miserable when I was super skinny. I'm into a size 8 skinny jeans now..yeah!! Would love to fit into more of my pencil skirts which are 6/8's. I can get them on but its a little tough getting the zipper up. One of them I can get the zipper up but if I sit I have to be really careful lol :blushing:
  • lennapen84
    Options
    I agree that it is nice to see others in the same range as myself. I'm 5'5'' 150 and would love to get down to 130 (shooting for 135-140). I haven't been that since I was 12 I believe. I'm trying to go to the gym at least 4 days a week. Feel free to add me :)
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Maybe 5-10 pounds tops, but the trickier thing to know for me is when to stop the losing and start maintaining without going over my goal range... really it's more about feeling healthy, being toned... I hear people talk of "bulking" and "cutting" and I am just trying to find that good balance. I have had times where I just lost weight but not body fat percentage... strength training has def helped, though. I have had a doctor tell me 165 is ideal a nutritionist tell me 170 is fine (I am around 170 now) so I think there's a lot of personal experimentation and preference when you are getting close... just my experience.
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yeah-- im looking to lose 15lbs... everything says my BMI is in a good range, but I want to flatten my tummy... hard to lose when everything says you are in a good place... I'm 5'2" and weigh 125-- cant workout right now due to being diagnosed with sciatica... I'm feeling WAY discouraged because my calories are all coming in over my limit...
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    5'8" started at 152 and currently at 148 - want to get back to goal which is 135 (profile pic) and see if I can take it a little lower this time
  • yhacker
    Options
    I am trying to loose about 5-10 lbs. It is so hard!!!
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 133 (recently went up from 130 due to the holidays) and my goal is 110, so 20lbs almost exact.
  • LilyandGreysMama
    LilyandGreysMama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is nice to see others in the same range as myself. I'm 5'5'' 150 and would love to get down to 130 (shooting for 135-140). I haven't been that since I was 12 I believe. I'm trying to go to the gym at least 4 days a week. Feel free to add me :)

I am in a very similar situation. I started this time at 155 am realistically shooting for about 140. I too havent been in the 130 range since about 8th grade. My lowest adult weight a fit 142 I believe, that was just following high school (before I starting college lol). I am actually less concerned with the number on the scale as how I look and feel. I had babies in 11/10 and 2/12 and am really wanting to just loose those last inches that babies leave, some in places I havent had inches before (like my upper and lower back) and some in my "always touble spots", my 'muffin top', lower stomach and thighs. Im already very muscular under the 'insulation', so I'm focusing on choosing healthier foods and eating fewer calories and getting as much cardio in as my current lifestyle as stay at home mom/part-time daycare povider/cheif cook and bottle washer allows. My hubby and I got married last June and are taking our 'Honeymoon' to someplace hot where they serve drinks with umbrellas in April and I want to wear a bikini and look great doing so!

eta: I'm also 5'5", when I calculate my "ideal weight" for height, frame size and age (25) I come up with 142-158. Obviously these numbers are less than an excact science
  • ToriiXx
    ToriiXx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im 5 ft 5 and currently 147, I want to get to about 135 and see what I look like and maybe aim for more. I've never been below 140 :( Anyone, feel free to add me for support :)
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My ULTIMATE goal is to lose 29 pounds but I have no idea what I would look like at that weight. I would be happy with losing 20 pounds. I would then be 144 at 5'7"
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 currently weighing 170, I would love to get to 150 or below!! .... My profile pic was about 151, man I need to get there.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    13 lbs for me. 5'8". Just started back this past Sunday.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Me! I weigh 151 lbs and want to weigh 135 lbs. I am 5'7. I want to lose roughly 15 lbs.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and currently 145. My weight has fluctuated between 122 & 148 over the last 10 years and more recently I've been hovering at 133-143lbs depending on the season.

I would now like to get the weight off once and for all and my goal weight is 118 although I may review that and go lower if I ever get there :-)