Public Restroom Flushing

Options

Replies

• PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I use my tongue.

YOU WIGGLE MY LOOSE TEETH WITH THAT TONGUE! :angry:

I drink mouthwash for 6 hours a day. Your loose and rotting teeth are just fine. :drinker:

I can't begin to tell you what a sigh of relief this is to hear.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i use my foot/shoe....I dont touch anything that i dont have to.
    people are gross.
    i worked in health care for 5 years. it scared me... for life.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i use my hand because i wash my hands afterwards anyway.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I usually use a small bit of toilet paper to touch the flush button/handle and quickly throw it into the toilet and let it get flushed. I didn't used to do even that before because I knew I'd be washing my hands anyway, but sometimes public restrooms don't always keep their soap dispensers refilled.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Use the foot-- except for courtesy flushes.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    I don't flush with my foot, use paper toilet seat covers, use a paper towel over the doorknob, and I do not hover. I sit on the freaking toilet, do my business, wash my hands thoroughly, and leave. And I rarely get sick. I like germs. They keep me healthy.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i'm not that worried about germs either. germs have tried to conquer me in the past and all have failed. i see no reason why that will change in the foreseeable future.
  • lauralaurafish
    lauralaurafish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Working in an OCD clinic, you guys are all looking like good potentials.... hmmmm.

I just flush with my hand, wash my hands, and don't care about the rest. Life's too short to be so anal.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am a strong woman with a strong constitution--I SIT to do my business on a public toilet (no paper liner for me--but I wipe the seat first) and flush with my hands afterwards. I am not a helicopter, so do no hover. :-) I always wash my hands afterwards.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    I never thought about that, your freaking me out now, I do wash my hands after though so germs are gone by then?
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I flush it with my hand, knowing full well that I am going to wash my hands in the next thirty seconds, and that I possess a strong and adequate immune system.

I am not afraid of germs.

Agreed!! But I do use a paper towel to open the door on the way out.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I get into the restroom, close it with a bit of tissue (loo roll!) I also NEVER EVER sit unless I'm home so squat and PUT THE LID DOWN BEFORE YOU FLUSH ! I also use tissue to flush AND open the door...wash my hands, dry my hands with tissue and open the bathroom door with tissue....then use hand sanitiser when I'm out and safe

my toilet cleanliness stems from when i was 7 and my sister about 9 used a public restroom and got poop (which was on the floor) on her trousers...had to go to M&S to get her new trousers but ewww...I've never been the same since !
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I flush it with my hand, knowing full well that I am going to wash my hands in the next thirty seconds, and that I possess a strong and adequate immune system.

This... however, I will use my foot if it's really nasty and I had to hover over the toilet to go as it was... you know like in a bus station in the shady part of town.

Agreed! I also don't use the first bit of toilet paper that comes off the roll.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options

This!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I use my tongue.

sure hope you've never gone to the middle east and done that
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I don't flush with my foot, use paper toilet seat covers, use a paper towel over the doorknob, and I do not hover. I sit on the freaking toilet, do my business, wash my hands thoroughly, and leave. And I rarely get sick. I like germs. They keep me healthy.

What she said!

*Dammit, I was about to post this, then wondered about getting flamed for it. I bow to your courage for going first!
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I use my hand. I wash my hands before I leave the bathroom anyway so what's the difference?

I'm curious to know how all you foot-flushers lock and unlock the stalls. In one of my biology labs in university we tested the toilet seats, toilet handles, stall locks, faucets and soap dispensers in four different bathrooms and found that the locks had the most bacteria while the toilet seats had the least. Soap dispensers came in second cleanest, faucets third and toilet handles fourth (probably from all the foot-flushing transferring bacteria from the floor).
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have flushed with my foot before and had my foot slip and land in the toilet. It was awful :sick:
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Foot if it is really gross and a very busy public bathroom and I'll use my hands WITH tissue if its still a so-called clean bathroom. Unfortunately I'm not good at hovering over toilets so I am known to stop up toilets due to packing on tons and tons of seat covers and tissues lol. I try my best to hover and I get tired to easily lol.
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    All you ladies who use TP to flush the toilet and then throw it in the toilet while it goes down still has to open the stall door. There's just as many germs on the stall door as on the toilet handle. Think about it.....there hands didn't miraculously come clean between flushing and opening the door.