for those of you with tattoos....

Options
1235»

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty large calf tattoo that happens to be Star Wars themed. I got it when I was 19, I'm 22 now. I will tell you I was just miserable for about a month after it with regret but once it healed and everything I realized how much I love it. I still love it because it means more than just Star Wars to me. Time will tell if I regret it down the road but I don't think so. I never had any second thoughts about my other four. My poor kids, though, one day when they exist. Their mom is going to have Star Wars tats. haha
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested in what my cover-up looks like, I added a picture on my profile. My tattoo is for my two older children. Their Korean names and the meanings (sky and beautiful magnolia). It was covering a rose and Japanese kanji

That's very pretty.
  • TattooedPinUpGal
    Options
    I will never regret my tattoos. I love them.

They are incredibly amazing art pieces on my body that I get to take to "the grave" with me.

No regrets; just PRIDE in my body. :) People always ask "But what about when you are super old....then what?"

And I reply with "SO? You will be old and boring...and I will be old and have bad-*kitten* artwork on my skin! :D"
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I regret mine. My ex did it and it's off-center and the font I chose was a big mistake. I hate it so much that I'm going to try to get on the show Tattoo Nightmares just so I can finally have it covered with something better.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    other then the hello kitty tat on my inner thigh, I have no regrets :laugh:

seriously, I have not outgrown any of my ink.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I love my tattoo's for the most part. I have one that I want to get changed, it has always been a little off (not a good tattoo).
    It is a killer whale, but everyone always thinks it is a dolphin. :grumble: I have been thinking of getting it changed to a tree of life, or the Greenman.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I regret mine. My ex did it and it's off-center and the font I chose was a big mistake. I hate it so much that I'm going to try to get on the show Tattoo Nightmares just so I can finally have it covered with something better.
    I love that show!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I have 4 currently and I love them all even my trible dragon/rook ... I have one with initials in it but its for my brother who passed away and it means alot to me. I am already planning my next 3. i will probably get as many as I have space for and can afford. Though after I plan one out in my head I do give it a while to see if I want to change it a little before getting it done
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I love that show!

They do good work. I highly doubt I'll get on there, but for sh*ts and giggles I'm going to put in an application.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My 2nd one ever (years ago!) was a broken heart with m ex's initials. I specifically asked if it would be easy to cover up if/when I wanted to. 3 years later, it was covered with a beautiful red rose, as a birthday present from my hubby (then boyfriend).

Other than that, the only other one I regret is the tribal on my upper back, between my shoulder blades. It's the only piece of *flash* I own, and although I loved it at the time, it kind of distracts from my huge back piece and I kind of wish it wasn't there.

backtattoo_zps89bec45f.jpg

I got my very first tattoo (a cross with a vine of roses going around my ankle) covered last month as part of my leg sleeve. I didn't regret it, but it didn't really go with the leg piece I was envisioning. Luckily, I have an awesome artist and he covered it perfectly, so you'd never know it was ever there.

This is where the cross used to be
    crosssugarskull_zps253c6eb0.jpg

And here you can see part of where it used to wrap around my ankle (the sugar skulls)
    legtattoo_zps986a0367.jpg
  • JadeLesley92
    Options
    Never c: I have 4 + my half sleeve. I love them all.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    No.