Would you Date/Marry an Older Man or Woman?

Options

Replies

• crissy_percival
    crissy_percival Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    i have and i would age is no boundry for me if its the right person
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I would.

The only real problem with it is that with an age gap like that, the two in the relationship may be at different maturity levels and/or different points in their lives where they want different things.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Well my husband and I are 8 years apart and our marriage is great! I'd say the only "iffy" part we have right now is that I'm 35 and hitting my sexual peak and he's 43 and it doesn't seem like he could care less. He doesn't turn me down, but he's definately the "go getter" he was when we first got together (when he was 30)....
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    When I was single I did date older men. The widest gap was about 20 years and it was never an issue

Age was never an issue to me.

In the end, I married a man only a couple of years my senior but, again, it had nothing to do with age.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with others doing it.

My personal cutoff is 10 years older, but it depends on the man. We have to have things in common and he has to be active.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    If we really clicked, then maybe. I'm 22 and my boyfriend is the same age as me BUT we have a lot of friends who are significantly older than us. I have a friend who just turned 30 (ok, so that's 8 years older than me). I'm not interested in him as "more than a friend" (obviously, I have a boyfriend), but he is really cool and I could see myself dating someone who was that age, you know. He is one of my closest friends, so that's why I thought of him first. I have some other friends in their late 30s/early 40s so I don't see why I couldn't date someone who was that age. It really depends on the personality. A few years ago, I probably wouldn't. But that was because I wasn't very mature then. At age 22, I feel a lot older, I live with my boyfriend, I have a normal job, I'm done college, etc. So I can relate to people who are in their 30s and 40s too.
  • i_am_kate
    Options
    I'm only 25, so I wouldn't seriously date a guy younger than me, but I would date/marry an older man if the chemistry was there. My partner is only 4 months older than me, so we have a lot in common and can easily relate to one another. In the end, it comes down to how you and the other person get along and feel about each other.
  • RyleeNoelle
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I've generally dated around 10 years older than me (low 30s).
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes. I did. And, I married him. :wink:

(We're 10 years & 9 months apart)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My husband was 20 years older than I. My partner's first girlfriend was six years younger than he. When my partner and I started dating, I was pretty close to twice her age.

Evidently, neither one of cares much about age. Evidently, we also both needed to get narcissistic drama queens out of our system before we were ready for each other.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Sure. As long as he takes good care of himself and plans to continue doing so
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 7 years older than me and I love him more than life itself. I couldn't imagine my life without him...so yes. I would absolutely be in a relationship with someone older than me.
  • llaskoske
    llaskoske Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My husband didn't even consider I'm 14 years older than he is when he proposed. It's really not an issue, I just have more cultural references than he does. As far as me considering an older man? Or even one my age? Heck no! They're too old for me!
  • tutti777
    Options
    I was divorced for 13 years and figured I'd never marry again. Found the love of my life and we've been married for, soon to be, 29 years. He is 11 1/2 years older than myself.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My b/f is 12 years older than I am. I think its better than the 3 years younger my ex was than me. :D
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Yes. Age doesn't matter to me.

My dad started dating my stepmom when she was like 19 or 20. They've been together for about 13 years and married for 7 years. She'll be 33 this year and my dad will be 49 this weekend.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    So far I've dated a guy 10 years older than me, and one 7 years older. Would have to answer yes to this one. :laugh:
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I have daddy issues.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am marrying a guy who is 9 years older than I am. The guys my age (28), many of them are still drinking, partying and being immature. I have no time for that nonsense.