MFP has replaced Facebook

Options

Replies

• Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    My family are all abroad so I do use my face book for posting pics and keeping in touch. I've kept my weight loss off there though and love seeing friends faces that haven't seen me for a while.
    I'm logging into MFP far more than FB these days!
  • Hey_you_over_there
    Options
    must remind myself NOT to post outside this thread!!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm still addicted to FB but I'm slowly trying not to be on it all day
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I deleted every social media site I was a part of except MFP.

And Tumblr/Pinterest... I need a place to blog and another to find awesome recipes!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I still love facebook, but people get tired of me posting about my workouts and positive workout pictures and such...I spend more time here now, actually...We all have the same goal...
  • albatrosssherpa
    albatrosssherpa Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    At least for me. I find I come here first (and to the success stories thread) every morning and night!

Have to admit, it keeps me going.

You guys are amazing.

Absolutely- i do the same thing now.
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I hit the 20 pounds down on here and all my mpf friends were so happy for me. Posted it on facebook and I mean my family was really the only positive feedback. An old friend from high school told me I shouldn't have gained the weight in the first place. Last time I will post about weight loss on there. I love this site! Nobody puts you down for the weight you gained. Instead they are happy you are hear and doing something about it. This site is hands down better than facebook.

BLAH WHAT A TERRIBLE PERSON TO SAY THAT TO YOU!!!!!

I dont even mention my weight loss goals or progress on fb...I just post random stuff and cute pictures of my daughter or comments about weather and so on... or maybe I mention something I seen in the news...but I keep away from private type posts. I for sure lurk alot more here than facebook lol
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I agree! I'm hardly ever on facebook anymore, but on here all the damn time!
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    My husband said just today that I have replaced FB with FATbook...which really ticked me off! He thought it was funny...which it kinda was...but it still sorta hurt my feelings. Actually, he is my biggest cheerleader & has been incredibly supportive. He later apologized. The truth of the matter is, I deactivated my FB account a month ago because I wanted to get rid of all the toxic crap in my life. Best decision I ever could have made! MFP has become my POSITIVE family...& I love you all :)

Blessings :flowerforyou:
    Michelle

Awww bless him...he was just trying to make a creative play on words lol but didnt really think!!!! I could soooo see my man doing that too then apologizing
  • wiebelnancy
    wiebelnancy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Trying to be brave and post more, but mainly enjoy encouragement from others going through the same thing. Definately better than FB!!
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Same here! Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I also prefer to come here over FB... it's nice to meet others who share this journey! :smile:
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    So true for me too!

Maybe it's not a coincidence that I deleted my FB account about the same time that I joined MFP....

FB made me miserable. MFP makes me happy!!!:laugh:
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I only go on FB to play a few games. I am on MFP way more!
  • GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My husband said just today that I have replaced FB with FATbook...which really ticked me off! He thought it was funny...which it kinda was...but it still sorta hurt my feelings. Actually, he is my biggest cheerleader & has been incredibly supportive. He later apologized. The truth of the matter is, I deactivated my FB account a month ago because I wanted to get rid of all the toxic crap in my life. Best decision I ever could have made! MFP has become my POSITIVE family...& I love you all :)

Blessings :flowerforyou:
    Michelle

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! This is so something my hubby would say! God bless em. :laugh:
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Deleted my Facebook account in late Fall of 2012 as it became painfully clear just what a distraction and crutch it had become in my life.

Facebook really had a strange postive/negative dichotomy for me as it was letting believe that I was remaining connected to my friends/family while simultaneously it was helping/enabling to keep me an un-healthy / semi-agorophobic lifestyle where I did not acknowlege that I just didn't want any of my friends to really see just how bad I had let things slide.

Hit rock-bottom in Fall 2012 and life made it totally apparant to me just how bad things had progressed.

Made a commitment to myself at that time that I would remove myself from that world of superficial connections and make it a goal to re-establish real-world old-school connections (face to face, letters, phone, e-mail, etc...) with so many people that I had lost real connection with.

In early January, I discoverd this MFP app and website and it is proving invaluable to me with respect to helping in my education towards healthier eating and living and also with the info in the forums and in building a network of other MFP users within the community to act as a support network, inspirational base and info sources as to how others have been successful in making this change towards a healthier self.

Interesting that one of the by-products of dumping Facebook is, that by freeing myself up from that black hole of lost time on FB, that it allowed me to find this MFP network here.

There are many parrallels between Facebook and "Fatbook" (as someone mentioned that their husband had nicknamed MFP - hahaha!), but I am finding that the time and energy here on MFP is bringing much positive energy in my daily life and is helping me with my goals and progress towards transforming this 6'3'' blob of a body of mine back into a healthier/happier self as where FB ended up only pulling me further and further into a void.

That said, I do believe that there are many positive things about FB and I do expect that, in due time, I will return with a much healthier relationship towards using FB as a tool to add to my real-life connections with those who are dear to me, rather than my historical relationship to the site where I was using FB as a way to deceive myself into thinking that I was actually staying connected to my friends/family while - all the while - I was actually pulling further and further away from any real connection to my friends and world in general.
  • katattak73
    Options
    Exactly!! It is so much better on MFP and way more encouraging with people with one common goal! FB can be so much drama that would make some one want to eat haha...
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    I've never been on Facebook and have no desire to. This is the only social media site I'm a member of. MFP takes up so much of my time as it is, i wouldn't have time for anything else! :bigsmile:
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    Funny enough after reading and commenting on this post I seen an survey about social media users and fitness/weigh loss stuff lol

http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/981855/shape-sheknows-social-media-and-fitness-survey
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!