What is your favorite "Diet" food/treat discovered?

Options
124»

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    This weekend I found Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches in chocolate peanut butter & strawberry shortcake....mmmmm.....
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    protein plus power bars!

I work in retail and 8 hours a day standing/running around really wears on you. Usually for lunch I would grab fast food from one of the restaurants in the shopping center, but now I'll just bring one of the protein plus bars and have that (Dark chocolate toffee is my favorite)

It saves me time in having to make and pack a lunch (not to mention having to worry about people taking it from the fridge) Plus it fills me up and gives me energy for the rest of my shift.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with strawberries, bananas, and fiberone bran.
    I go through a pint of strawberries every day almost. XP Oatmeal, grapes, luna bars, kashi honey sunshine cereal.
  • jnof99
    jnof99 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sugar snap peas!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    vanilla non fat activia yogurt with a tablespoon of pumpkin butter mixed in it, o black currant preserves. homemade tabbouleh and tzatziki, oh, yeah--cottage cheese as salad dressing!!

Oh my!!! :smile: I love pumpkin butter and miss it terribly since living in the US!!! :-))) I think I will start dreaming about it at night. I like cottage cheese too. I put it in salads, in pancakes, mix it with fruit, or even make a dessert with it. I really like getting creative with healthy stuff. :laugh: Your food ideas are very similar to mine!

Ooooh I love pumpkin butter or apple butter added into cottage cheese.

One of the brands that we get locally here is Kauffman's, and it's excellent! Maybe you could get it shipped to you!

Here's a link:

http://www.kauffmansfruitfarm.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=17
  • henryhudson
    Options
    I live in sydney and alot of things you guys have in American we cant get. Does anyone have any ideas on australian friendly treats?
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    sugar snap peas, mushrooms are HEAVENLY, laughing cow cheese..
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Not really a treat...But a good frugal way to buy your lettuce for salad..Every week I buy a head of iceberg and 1 bag of salad mix and I mix them together. Those bags are expensive!! This way Im still getting the good lettuce too:)
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    well lots of foods I always ate were healthy, but one food that I got very into quickly when starting to diet was sweet potatoes

I love them
  • woody717
    woody717 Posts: 5
    Options
    Two Words "Spicy Hummus" - I never tried it and now its my new mayo!
  • Claimus
    Claimus Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    vanilla non fat activia yogurt with a tablespoon of pumpkin butter mixed in it, o black currant preserves. homemade tabbouleh and tzatziki, oh, yeah--cottage cheese as salad dressing!!

Oh my!!! :smile: I love pumpkin butter and miss it terribly since living in the US!!! :-))) I think I will start dreaming about it at night. I like cottage cheese too. I put it in salads, in pancakes, mix it with fruit, or even make a dessert with it. I really like getting creative with healthy stuff. :laugh: Your food ideas are very similar to mine!

Ooooh I love pumpkin butter or apple butter added into cottage cheese.

One of the brands that we get locally here is Kauffman's, and it's excellent! Maybe you could get it shipped to you!

Here's a link:

http://www.kauffmansfruitfarm.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=17

Thank you for the link! I will definitely check it out, although I live in Europe. Not too many companies do international shipping. I wish they did... :-)
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    TONS of great ideas, guys! Thanks! :smile: Some of my favies are:

- Pumpkin pie filling mixed w/Silk Almond Milk, cinnamon and a smidge of Agave to make it sweet. I eat it like soup and it's a great sinless dessert :love:
    - Larabars...LOVE the Jocolat Hazelnut ones
    - Big romaine salad w/Galeos Miso Caesar dressing (which only has 14 cals per serving!!!!:happy: )
    - Ditto on the spaghetti squash & portabellos!!!
  • mkoff32
    mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pita and hummus! I hadn't ever tried hummus until I started watching what I eat.