5 Truths about weight loss and people in general...

Options

Replies

• zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

Wow, and I kept it to 2 subjects to try and keep it digestible.

GL in life brah!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in hearing more. :smile:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I was interested...until you said "calorie in calorie out is moronic."

So I lost 73 pounds putting less calories in and putting more calories out. And I'm not a moron. Tuned you right out.

^^^ This

Yeah..guess my 67lbs lost so far has just been pure coincidence.
    And OP - you are really abrasive. You might want to work on how to present your points. Just saying :laugh:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

GL in life brah!

I'm not your "brah"

I just don't think you coming in here, telling everyone that you are right, and there are wrong are worth anyone's time...
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    OP.... Keep up with the posts...there are a few other misguided children out there in MFP land... an not, they are not Marines.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    1/10. Would not read again.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

GL in life brah!

I'm not your "brah"

I just don't think you coming in here, telling everyone that you are right, and there are wrong are worth anyone's time...

There is only ONE way to settle this...DANCE OFF.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

GL in life brah!

I'm not your "brah"

Yeah. Got to wonder when someone comes in assuming they have all the answers and stomps on the success of so many....
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Say what you want to say, but two points of advice before you go any futher

1) Don't call people morons

2) Don't assume or infer that your way is the only way. You are free to have your own opinion on here. There are lots of METHODS for weight loss, different methods work for different people. I am very insulin sensitive, but eating 6 meals a day sure as hell didn't work for me. Intermittent fasting (eating two meals from 3pm-9pm) does work for me, very successfully in fact. I found this after 3 years of trying many different methods. Talk in a way of what works for YOU without preaching and telling people what they should do.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

120430-ent-dwts-hmed.380;380;7;70;0.jpg
  • zaxx1953
    Options
    TL;DR

GL in life brah!

I'm not your "brah"

Wow, dude, wow.

Im hoping ESL....if not, whoa.

Have a blessed day BRAH/.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Just sayin...people are more likely to listen when you have lost more than 0 of your 53 pounds.

We like proven tips.

I could let everyone know how I eat McDonald's, never lift, only walk for most exercises, eat twice a day, never eat breakfast, and all that...fact is, I am healthy, on zero meds, and have lost 72 pounds. However I am not an authority on weight loss, but I am quite experienced in how to stay fat. Please don't presume to be one yourself with no credentials...and on this site...credentials come in the form of a productive weight loss ticker.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    troll thread is trolling.

i hope newbs don't get sucked in.

the OP had so many troll posts deleted by the mods yesterday that he was down to a -1 (minus 1) post count at one point.

i saw that!
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was interested...until you said "calorie in calorie out is moronic."

So I lost 73 pounds putting less calories in and putting more calories out. And I'm not a moron. Tuned you right out.

I lost 64 pounds doing the same thing - not a moron either!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    <======== Calories in, calories out.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    1/10. Would not read again.

You're kind I was going to give it .5/10
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

GL in life brah!

I'm not your "brah"

cat_dance_off_zpsb87fbf4e.jpg
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    lots of morons in here claiming that they aren't and discrediting something that they don't understand.
  • zaxx1953
    Options
    Say what you want to say, but two points of advice before you go any futher

1) Don't call people morons

Who did I call a moron?

2) Don't assume or infer that your way is the only way. You are free to have your own opinion on here. There are lots of METHODS for weight loss, different methods work for different people. I am very insulin sensitive, but eating 6 meals a day sure as hell didn't work for me. Intermittent fasting (eating two meals from 3pm-9pm) does work for me, very successfully in fact. I found this after 3 years of trying many different methods. Talk in a way of what works for YOU without preaching and telling people what they should do.

Of course different methods work for different people, but MOST people who are chronically overweight WITHOUT INTERVENING health issues will greatly benefit from moving from a 1-2 meal day to a 4-5 meal day.

No one is saying anything absolute, which is why the word GENERALLY litters my OP.

Lastly, you eating 6 meals a day and not losing weight is hardly proof that eating 6 meals a day wouldnt work for you....correlation and causation....im not an AP stats teacher so im not going to elaborate, but this is pretty simple stuff.
This discussion has been closed.