Options
    The Bacon Explosion mentioned earlier:

bacon650.33.jpg
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The Bacon Explosion mentioned earlier:

bacon650.33.jpg

This honestly doesn't even look appitizing to me. Hm.
  • kmelissa02
    Options
    I just saw this recipe on skinnytaste.com for chicken wrapped in bacon. I haven't tried it but it is on the to try list.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Cabbage Jutt.

2/3 pot of cabbage
    1/3 pot potatoes

Boil until soft, mash/whip with hand mixer. Add some garlic salt, +granulated or powdered garlic, and crumble in some crispy bacon. The cabbage cuts the calories down a lot. I make these (usually without the bacon) pretty regular around my house.. it's my dieting version of mashed potatoes.
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno poppers are definitely my fave.

Slice jalapenos in half, remove innards and seeds. Stick a wedge of cream cheese in each half.

Wrap with bacon. You can use toothpicks to hold in place, or just wrap so it overlaps and holds itself around the jalapeno.

Throw in the oven until melty soft and gooey. You can also throw it under the broiler to make everything extra crispy.

OMG THIS
  • veggiegirlie2
    veggiegirlie2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i've heard of people baking chocolate chip cookies with bacon. sure you can google it. :wink:
  • tweber2012
    tweber2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My brother recently brought a dish where he wrapped asparagus with bacon. I think each serving had about 10 pieces of asparagus, then a piece of bacon wrapping it. He put olive oil on it and baked it about 20 minutes. I'm sure you can find a recipe online for it. It's an easy way to get some veggies in the mix that night.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Broccoli salad!!!!! Broccoli, red onion, shredded cheese, and chopped bacon! You can use a creamy dressing. Some people add raisins and sunflower seeds too!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I had deviled eggs with bacon in them once. I am fond of that memory.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What about dessert? Chocolate cupcakes, cream cheese frosting and bacon pieces on top. NUUUMMMYYY!
    http://noteatingoutinny.com/2008/12/15/chocolate-cupcakes-with-bacon-cream-cheese-frosting/
  • disdatdude
    Options
    It's the middle of winter...make soup and flavor it with bacon - LOL (I love 15 bean soup).

...it's better than my second suggestion, which would be to make some kale or collard greens - LMAO!

BTW, I don't use bacon or pork when I make either of those 2 items. Smoked turkey works just fine.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else suggested this, but bacon brittle is actually delicious and is fun for an event like this. If you want you can also throw in some cashews.

http://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-brittle-366128
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Devils on Horseback all the way!!
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    A friend just told me he had bacon wrapped figs and dates, but I've never tried them. I saw a recipe for bacon brittle. I'm going to try it, but haven't yet. I saw someone just posted on mfp about cooking kale in bacon grease, but not sure how that would go for a party.

^this.....and or bacon wrapped water chestnuts yummy
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Try bbqing asparagus wrapped in a slice of bacon....its delicious and good and bad for you..lol..hold the bacon in place with toothpicks until it cooks on...also the fatter the asparagus piece the better
  • amberpitz
    Options
    It's the middle of winter...make soup and flavor it with bacon - LOL (I love 15 bean soup).

...it's better than my second suggestion, which would be to make some kale or collard greens - LMAO!

BTW, I don't use bacon or pork when I make either of those 2 items. Smoked turkey works just fine.
    mmm 15 bean soup!?!? I have only heard of 7 bean soup and I looove it..15 just sounds better..lol
    wonder what kinda beans I'm missin out on
  • amberpitz
    Options
    I had deviled eggs with bacon in them once. I am fond of that memory.
    oooh...this sounds good too
  • redneckcaseysgirl88
    Options
    Turkey Bacon wrapped around water chestnuts.