pounds lost vs pants size lost

Options
so far i have lost 18 pounds but have only gone down one pant size.

how much weight have you lost vs pants size down?

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds

I went from a size 14 to a current size 10. So two sizes.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I went from a tight 20 to a tight 12 now. It seemed like the first pant size took the longest to move. However, I skipped trying on 18's and went to 16's without noticing I could get the 18's on.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    5lbs... in the end, there is no direct correlation. It's about where you store your fat. But I rather see my clothing size decrease than my weight.
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I lost 25lbs... and not a pant size. My pants are definitely looser, but not enough to wear the next size down. I seem to have lost a few inches off my belly which is AWESOME.... but none at my hips!
  • CRichards22
    Options
    Like someone else said I think it depends alot on where you carry that weight too. I carry heavily in the legs, butt and tummy. But I've lost around 100 and gone from snug 18 (one pair)...should have been in comfy 20 to snug 8s.

You're doing great girl keep at it!!! :drinker:
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yep. I think my fingers are much thinner....
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly lucky with how I carry my weight. I've lost 10 pounds so far (I had already lost some a few days before I joined MFP), but have dropped from a 14 to a 10 already.
  • DietCola1968
    DietCola1968 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sadly, my bra size was the first replacement item in my closet. :-(
  • ljk0828
    ljk0828 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 lbs since starting mfp, but 30 total, and I have yet to drop a size. I am pretty tall, and seem to tend to lose and gain weight in a pretty even distribution across all of me :P everything fits better and is much more flattering, though.
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    14lbs and no change in size.... I've been the same jeans size since I can remember, probably 9th grade and probably ranging from 150 to 180lbs.
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 pounds and went from a size 12 to a size 6.
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    50lbs and i went from a 14 to a 2/3.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Down almost 30. I've gone from a 24/22 to a solid 20, which I count as only one size down. I seem to not be losing my belly. :(
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,798 Member
    Options
    ive last 34 lbs and went from loose 15/tight 13, to a loose 13 i have huge hips though
  • klackey23
    Options
    Lost 66 pounds, went from a tight size 16 to a size 2.

5302942.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yep. I think my fingers are much thinner....

HA!! Yep this!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 pounds and only one pant size.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Estimated start 165 weight, needed to wear a size 14-16. Now 131 between misses 4-6. I dropped a pant size about every 10 pounds.
  • trickycoolj
    trickycoolj Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 in the past with WW, but only went from a 10 to 8. My frame is hippy and always has been even in high school. Yay pear shape!
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    For guys it is probably different. The highest I'm certain of was 54". I could probably get into 32's now. 34 isn't all that tight.