Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats to her! And to you Matt, if you are helping in her training.
    And the back shots are fantastic.

And to those critizing her hard work in any way - the only ugly I'm seeing here is your words.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

Absolutely incredible, I would love to look like that. I can only squat 5KG LOL! but im hoping I can increase as time goes on, its easy for someone to say 'Lift heavy' when I simply havent got the strength right now. What does her meals look like, how many calories does she eat? is she on MFP? :blushing:

I really don't see why u have to lift heavy. If your happy with what your lifting leave it with that. Alot of people on here say lift heavy etc but u gotta be careful, a lot of people can't for a lot of reasons eg injury etc and they could do damage and then can't even excercise at all.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I really don't see why u have to lift heavy. If your happy with what your lifting leave it with that. Alot of people on here say lift heavy etc but u gotta be careful, a lot of people can't for a lot of reasons eg injury etc and they could do damage and then can't even excercise at all.

Would you like to discuss muscular hypertrophy? What would you suggest would build muscle, if you'd be so kind? :smile:

EvgeniZyntx - yes, I train her. Thank you.
  • angel101netta
    Options
    quote]

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Absolutely incredible, I would love to look like that. I can only squat 5KG LOL! but im hoping I can increase as time goes on, its easy for someone to say 'Lift heavy' when I simply havent got the strength right now. What does her meals look like, how many calories does she eat? is she on MFP? :blushing:

I'm sure if you can carry your own handbag then you can squat more than 5kg.
    [/quote]
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Options
    Thanks for the vid on Yo squatting, Matt. Interesting to see she doesn't go so low. As I've just started, I'm curious to see different techniques and this clearly works for her.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Seriously some people are so rude. How would you feel if you posted up a before and after shot and people shot you down saying you don't look that great, your body isn't attractive to me etc etc. why is it acceptable to do it to this woman? So you may not like her look, but hey maybe everyone doesn't like yours. I think there's a fair amount of cattyness going in it this thread. She looks stunning and you all know it.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Thanks for the vid on Yo squatting, Matt. Interesting to see she doesn't go so low. As I've just started, I'm curious to see different techniques and this clearly works for her.

When she does quad days, there is no need as that brings in glutes and hams, which we train on another day. She also previously had issues with her lower back so I ensure she trains in a way that doesn't increase lower spinal loading :smile:
  • angel101netta
    Options
    I think she looks gorgeous!
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    Hot like fire!!

Although, I have to ask... are the er "ladies" all natural? ..I'm just curious whether it is possible to be that lean and still be as curvaceous as she is.

It is possible for some women to get that lean and still be curvy without implants. It is genetic and depends on the woman, however. Breasts are made up of fat as well as breast tissue (glands). Someone with a large amount of breast tissue can lose fat and still have curvy breasts. Most women don't have enough breast tissue to maintain a larger cup size without fat, but some do.
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    UGH, you're right. That is disgusting!! She's all like...perfect and I wish I looked like that haha she looks incredible. You can tell she's definitely put in the hours and dedication, nobody looks like this by accident!! What an inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

I suspect you could easily squat with 20kg. People who are new to lifting heavy will be unaware of their own strengths. I've started working with someone who was scared of lifting heavy because she didn't think she could but despite her fears gave things a go and was shocked by how much she really could lift and in the first session smashed through all her personal bests. No more pink dumbbells for her!

I would seek the help of a suitably qualified expert, though, rather than listening to strangers on the internet.
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    well i think she looks great and is clearly achieving goals...well done that girl !!!!! :smile:
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options

And probably some good genetics too :). Which doesn't at all discount the hard work that she's put in, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't ever have legs or shoulders like that, or be able to maintain my bust size (if it's natural - edit. Just read that it's not) on that level of body fat. We're different body types.

If we're just talking about the aesthetics, I think she looks great, but I think the reason her muscles are more noticeable and defined is that she has low body fat. I think she would also look great and have a fantastic shape with more average body fat, but she wouldn't look so obviously muscular. I know low body fat tends to be promoted here and is necessary for fitness models/bodybuilders/etc. but I don't know if there are actually any health benefits to having it so low. The lifting can still have health benefits, regardless of body fat, surely?

Just saying that it's not necessary to aim to look like this, and that some people never will be able to.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    i will never lift a weight! women with muscles that big are just weird (no offence to anyone)

Every woman should lift weight, for no other reason than to fend off osteoporosis.

The woman in that photo will be lifting very heavy and eating a very careful diet. You won't get like that just adding weights to your routine.

You may think she looks weird, but skinny fat is weirder.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wowee, definitely sexy and not masculine! Inspiration! :)
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

And probably some good genetics too :). Which doesn't at all discount the hard work that she's put in, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't ever have legs or shoulders like that, or be able to maintain my bust size (if it's natural) on that level of body fat. We're different body types.

If we're just talking about the aesthetics, I think she looks great, but I think the reason her muscles are more noticeable and defined is that she has low body fat. I think she would also look great and have a fantastic shape with more average body fat, but she wouldn't look so obviously muscular. I know low body fat tends to be promoted here and is necessary for fitness models/bodybuilders/etc. but I don't know if there are actually any health benefits to having it so low. The lifting can still have health benefits, regardless of body fat, surely?

Just saying that it's not necessary to aim to look like this, and that some people never will be able to.

Yes, leaner people, with a BMI 20-25 live far longer. Simple medical fact.

Also as stated, the body is getting used as intended - lots of clean and healthy foods with no additives and the bones strengthened.

However there is no correct way to 'look' - this is simply one option and one that a lot of people are coming around to like.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i will never lift a weight! women with muscles that big are just weird (no offence to anyone)

Every woman should lift weight, for no other reason than to fend off osteoporosis.

The woman in that photo will be lifting very heavy and eating a very careful diet. You won't get like that just adding weights to your routine.

You may think she looks weird, but skinny fat is weirder.

^ This

Also until you lift heavy you really don't know how much it can improve your cardio system. My running endurance has actually been improved by lifting heavy.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

She doesn't have muscles, just abs!

Agreed. I don't think her muscles are huge at all, just well defined. That's what i'd like...working on it!

What's her body fat percentage?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Seriously some people are so rude. How would you feel if you posted up a before and after shot and people shot you down saying you don't look that great, your body isn't attractive to me etc etc. why is it acceptable to do it to this woman? So you may not like her look, but hey maybe everyone doesn't like yours. I think there's a fair amount of cattyness going in it this thread. She looks stunning and you all know it.

No cattyness from me.

I lift, I'm proud of my strong body and the way it looks.

I really don't see what is so stunning and amazing about her body... but that's just my perspective. Others may think she looks amazing, and thats their perspective.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I would seriously turn lesbian for you! HOT! i love it, nice definition and very toned..BEA utiful, this is my aim :) x