Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    The OP touted her physique as "this is what lifting does to a woman's body." But it's not. It's what lifting *and* plastic surgery do. Body building decreases body fat and most women see a reduction in breast size. The supposed "success" this woman had included having surgical implants. Just like Lance Armstrong, it wasn't just natural ability enhanced through training and dedication. It was also the steroids and the blood transfusions. Again, something he put into his body that he did not naturally have. That's why his "successes" were nullified.

And before anyone asks, the reason I keep commenting is because I find it hypocritical that bodybuilders are always claiming that lifting enhances the female figure when, in reality, there is a loss of womanly curves (which this OP very clearly illustrates).

well said.

The implants came first before she lost the weight. May I ask, what curves did she lose?

A lot of people believe good curves is with a little fat on the bones, honestly people fail to realize that with proper squats and stuff you can have a great *kitten*!!! I have a few friends who have had boob jobs, some women just never have any boobs at all and honestly as a woman you can't wear certain tops with out something up there. Which is why I'm perfectly content with where my boobs are and hope to God these last 10 lbs aren't in my bra.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Gorgeous!
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The OP touted her physique as "this is what lifting does to a woman's body." But it's not. It's what lifting *and* plastic surgery do. Body building decreases body fat and most women see a reduction in breast size. The supposed "success" this woman had included having surgical implants. Just like Lance Armstrong, it wasn't just natural ability enhanced through training and dedication. It was also the steroids and the blood transfusions. Again, something he put into his body that he did not naturally have. That's why his "successes" were nullified.

And before anyone asks, the reason I keep commenting is because I find it hypocritical that bodybuilders are always claiming that lifting enhances the female figure when, in reality, there is a loss of womanly curves (which this OP very clearly illustrates).

well said.

The implants came first before she lost the weight. May I ask, what curves did she lose?

It depends on what you define as "curves." To me, she does look less feminine than someone with a higher body fat percentage, though I wouldn't go so far as to say she looks like a man. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose, it's all a matter of what is ideal to the individual.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

We eat like we do due to blood glucose and insulin levels. This is controlled by our diets.

That and millions years worth of evolution telling us to choose food with the highest calorific reward for the least calories expended.

A calorie surplus is something that has only become available in the first world in the latter half of the 20th century - this is why we have to replace nature limiting our available nutrients and work it out for ourselves.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    She looks stunning!! I love it!!!
  • FitFabFlirty92
    Options
    Looks great ON HER, but definitely not the look I'm going for at all.

ETA: There's nothing wrong with not wanting this look for yourself. That doesn't mean the people who feel that way are rude or out to offend the OP or the woman in the picture. It just means that that's not a look we want for ourselves. If you post something on the internet, you're inviting commentary and opinion, and not all the opinions will be positive. I'm not obligated to praise this picture or what it represents just because it's been posted here.

correct. you are not obligated to post praise for her look if it is something you don't aspire to. you are also not obligated to post something negative about how she looks either. If you don't like this look, if you don't want it for yourself, or if you don't get it then just back out of the thread and post somewhere else that you do like. I never understand why people post things like, "In my honest opinion, I wouldn't want to look that way." fine...then close the thread and go do something else.
    no obligation to post positively but also no obligation, or need, to post negatively. internet or not. it is just common every day decency people.

Again, it's the internet. If you post a picture of someone's body and say this is what women should aspire to, people have a right to post their opinion about that. I didn't insult the OP, I simply said that's not a look that I aspire to, and whether you agree with that or not, i DO have a right to say it.
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Eating should not make you feel like your problems are less difficult. I doubt you would ever feel that way in a different environment and with different foods available to you. Did you choose to desire to eat when you had plenty of body fat available? I doubt it. We naturally eat when we are hungry, and trust that the system is working correctly to maintain the correct level of body fat. Unfortunately, our environment really throws a wrench in the gears of that system, causing us to be hungry when we should not be.

We eat like we do due to blood glucose and insulin levels. This is controlled by our diets.

When I bulk like I am right now, I eat 6000+ a day and am hungry, because of the large amounts of carbs I eat causing my blood glucose levels to rise and then fall. Even when I physically cannot eat anything due to space.

When I diet I increase my proteins and lower my carbs to create a deficit, I'm usually less hungry at this point.

Hunger is very much controlled by our eating habits.

Appetite is very much controlled by our eating habits. I understand what you're saying and don't disagree. I'm doing lyle's RFL right now in fact with no appetite at all.

I will see if I can find a link to this study for you, it was done in the 70s when they put a group of obese adults in a closed environment and the only food they could consume was an odorless tasteless colorless liquid, similar macros to milk. They lost body fat at a tremendous rate and reported no hunger at all; this while consuming something like 400-500kcal/day of the liquid. This points to the idea that the type of food has a large impact on appetite and the satisfaction we get from consuming it.
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

ETA: There's nothing wrong with not wanting this look for yourself. That doesn't mean the people who feel that way are rude or out to offend the OP or the woman in the picture. It just means that that's not a look we want for ourselves. If you post something on the internet, you're inviting commentary and opinion, and not all the opinions will be positive. I'm not obligated to praise this picture or what it represents just because it's been posted here.

correct. you are not obligated to post praise for her look if it is something you don't aspire to. you are also not obligated to post something negative about how she looks either. If you don't like this look, if you don't want it for yourself, or if you don't get it then just back out of the thread and post somewhere else that you do like. I never understand why people post things like, "In my honest opinion, I wouldn't want to look that way." fine...then close the thread and go do something else.
    no obligation to post positively but also no obligation, or need, to post negatively. internet or not. it is just common every day decency people.

Couldn't agree more!! Did some of you guy's mothers never tell you "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing"?
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

i wouldn't want to look like that

Why not? She looks great?

Those boobs are definitely not real!
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Again, it's the internet. If you post a picture of someone's body and say this is what women should aspire to, people have a right to post their opinion about that. I didn't insult the OP, I simply said that's not a look that I aspire to, and whether you agree with that or not, i DO have a right to say it.

Where exactly in the OP does it say that her look is what women should aspire to??!!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

That and millions years worth of evolution telling us to choose food with the highest calorific reward for the least calories expended.

A calorie surplus is something that has only become available in the first world in the latter half of the 20th century - this is why we have to replace nature limiting our available nutrients and work it out for ourselves.

Yes, carbs. Carbs take about 6-8% of their energy to convert from their original state to energy, protein 25-30% of their energy per gram. Fats around 2-3%. So the sources that once were hard to get (carbs and fat) now are combined together in easy to buy packages hence our current problems.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    Options

Couldn't agree more!! Did some of you guy's mothers never tell you "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing"?
    [/quote

Very unrealistic to expect that on a forum. Also I didn't say anything mean, I'm not the only one here who said this body type isn't something I'm going for in my fitness goals. I don't see how that's offensive.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm not joking, I'm on the train commuting home right now and was tempted to ditch the gym (have y gym bag with me) but after this post, I realised I'll never even remotely look as 1% as awesome as your fiancé if I ditch ;) thanks for the inspiration all!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Where exactly in the OP does it say that her look is what women should aspire to??!!!

It doesn't - that is the sad part.
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Take a look at some of these articles. This tribe has an abundance of food but they do not count calories, nor have the means to do so. None of their population suffers from obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc. http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/search/label/Kitava
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

So much for a place for "support". But if someone posted something of the like about progress pictures of someone still working towards a goal, people would jump down their throat for fat shaming and God knows what else. The point is, it works both ways. Have your opinions, and maybe be a decent human being and leave the obvious insults to yourself.

By the way...OP never said women should aspire to be like his fiance...he was merely pointing out that lifting heavy does not produce an overly muscley (new word?lol) woman...cuz many people scare away from lifting...how you want it to benefit you is your decision...but lifting in general has so many benefits. And you'll be happy you did when you get older and your body isn't crapping out on you.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you define as "curves." To me, she does look less feminine than someone with a higher body fat percentage, though I wouldn't go so far as to say she looks like a man. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose, it's all a matter of what is ideal to the individual.

Considering she has a very straight waist and felt the desire for implants, I suspect that this person even with a higher body fat percentage wouldn't be classified as curvy. Not everyone gains a shapely rear and large breasts at higher weight.

For example, I think only the cartoon on the right is curvy although both represent a slightly overweight individual:
    weight01.gif
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I find her to look too masculine. I don't personally think she looks amazing but she is definately in great shape. Just not what I would want to aspire to. I also don't believe in plastic surgery unless there is a medical need. I would rather see a healthy natural woman not one that has been surgically created.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    she looks good, but really what kind of idiot still thinks that women who lift weights will get bulky? this thread is telling most of us something we already should know.

There was a post from someone yesterday who said that women who lift weights are unfeminine and unattractive. Made me laugh. I wonder if that is why he posted this!

I think this woman looks beautiful and amazing. It's a refreshing change from some of the posts I see from women on here that have huge Rambo-esque muscles and are piping up on threads like this saying that they are proof that women cannot get too bulky, when actually they are the opposite.

THANK YOU for posting this pic, she is something to aspire too and I don't think she looks masuline at all, she is beautiful and healthy.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I find her to look too masculine. I don't personally think she looks amazing but she is definately in great shape. Just not what I would want to aspire to. I also don't believe in plastic surgery unless there is a medical need. I would rather see a healthy natural woman not one that has been surgically created.

She has fake boobs. That's the only surgically created feature on her. The rest was gained through dedication, sweat and tears.

I gotta walk away from this thread...the body hating on others is just too much.