Ladies who started around 280 please come in =)

Options

Replies

• christinemorgester
    Options
    Whoops, realized I forgot to post a picture. :) Here is my most recent one:

before_after_xmas_2012.jpg

You look wonderful...great job!!!
  • butterflies4freedom
    Options
    I started at 270, Size W26/28 and have lost 21 lbs thus far. When I look in the mirror I can't see a change, my clothes basically still fit the same as well. BUT I feel stronger and toner and better about myself than I ever have. To read all of your comments is encouraging because I've felt just about every emotion you have. I can't wait to start noticing myself becoming sexier.Great job to you all, keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60 lbs. and and down about 3 sizes! You look great!
  • Xia21
    Xia21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    started at 270, highest was 274 bumping for later right now size 20
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I stared at 278, 5'8". I was wearing 4x (26/28) size shirt and size 2x or 3x pants (22/24) I am currenlty in a size 14 pant and size L top. Probably at around the 50-60 pound mark is when I needed to buy new clothes, may have been a bit sooner but I wanted to put it off.
  • jazcndoit
    jazcndoit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6'' and started at 278lbs, pant size 18/20 n shirt 3x... Yesterday my cousin "donated" a pair of jeans.. size 14.. I was hesitant bc HOW CAN I BE A SIZE 14?? well to my surpise they not only came up they zipped without be having to pass out LOL. As far as tops go I had bought a 1x but now is getting too baggy on the sides.. I depend on leggins n t-shirts bc refuse to buy clothes.. Good luck to all ladies...
    PS> this has been the toughest battle I have encounter in my 27yrs of life...
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    There is nothing uniform about sizing. I started at 325# and wore size 26/28 pants and tops. I've lost 79# and am currently 246#. Some my tops are still 26/28 but I can wear some 20s. I can now wear some 1x tops where before I wore 3x. I still have size 24 and 26 jeans. Size 22 fit me really well in dress pants. I have one size 22 that is very saggy butt. A friend just gave me a size 22 that fit perfectly. I have another size 22 hanging in my closet that I can barely pull over my hips and am a good 3 inches away from being able to zip. I have a pair of 18's that I can put on and zip but they just aren't comfortable.

It took a long time to drop down that first size. I believe a big reason is that the biggest size probably was too small for me to begin with. When you are that overweight you have a tendency to think, "If I can get it on my body then it fits". As I began losing the weight the clothes I thought fit started to really fit.

All that to say, don't judge your progress too much on clothing size for awhile. It can take as much as a 50# loss to see that first true size change. Then it starts to get a lot more regular. I'd say for a full size change it takes about a 20# loss.
  • 4PinkLady9
    4PinkLady9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great Job!!! Your picture is amazing and inspirational! :) I started at 260(before joining MFP) 5'2" and was a size 24. I am now at 219 maybe a little less, I havent weighed myself for the past few weeks because it was disheartening to see, the weight is just not coming off BUT...the Inches are!!! And that is important to me because that means smaller clothes. I am in between a 16 and 18 now, the 18's are big and loose but I feel insecure in the 16's and I do have two skirts that are a size 14 that fit amazingly.
    And my tops are now a large/xl and my bra size has been going down, I am now a 38 band (down from a tight 44). Just hang in there, you are dropping weight and not inches...soon it will reverse and the inches will start coming off and the weight drop will slow down. It just takes a while. Start tracking your inches and don't let the number on the scale fool you!!! :)

Hang in there!! And keep up the Amazing Job!!! :)
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Understood and feel the same way, but when you think about it it all makes sense. Picture an onion and the layers. The outer layer is much larger than the inner layers. You have peeled away a larger outer layer, but it just isn't a large enough layer to make you a smaller clothing size. The next layer will be smaller and the one after that even smaller. Heck, I feel like I could lose 10 pounds in my chin alone!! :blushing:
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    There is nothing uniform about sizing.

What Laura said!

I should add that I started at about 342 and now am a few pounds, give or take, less than what Laura was when she started. You would think that everything that Laura casts off would easily fit on my body. This is not the case and really never has been. For one thing, we always were opposite in size. If we were to go into a store and buy matching 2 piece outfits (which we wouldn't , LOL) then I could give her the top, she'd give me her top and we'd have outfits that fit perfectly. In other words, she's larger on top than I am and I'm larger on the bottom. This has remained consistent, even though there's now a difference of over 50 pounds between us.

I started needing pants right away, but that's only because I was at an awkward size to begin with. The pants I'm buying now should last me quite a while.

I started at 30 and sometimes needed 30/32, but now I'm sometimes a 26, sometimes a 28 and sometimes still a 30. I walked into my local clothing stores and tried on 5 pairs of pants. Only one (the "right fit blue" aka curvy) fit in size 26. I bought a pair of 28 black jeans and was pleasantly surprised to see that they fit.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    There is nothing uniform about sizing.

hard to believe but companies stay up at night trying to struggle to stick to uniform sizing when stores tell them they cant cause their clients refuse to buy a large, so we have to make the mediums bigger, then the designers, the photographers, the models and the store owners all go to war against the consumer.

Its one big water cycle of denial here. Sizing standards are more uniform than you would think- however - the amount of stretch a fabric will give, combined with the fact that there is nothing uniform about humans, makes all the difference.

Believe me, I spent all day getting screamed at because Im a different size than I was last month and Im giving our patternmaker a seizure.
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started at 271 and am now 224. It took about 30lbs for me to move from a UK size 22 to 20, now I am wearing a UK size 18 which is starting to get a big baggy now.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and i started at 248....

here is a story i posted a while ago....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/617574-my-journey-so-far?hl
  • Denisse210
    Denisse210 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 started at 220 and size baggy 16, 14s are not zipping and 16s i can pull up without unbuttoning :(
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    THis is a great thread! I started (this time) at 294 in a very tight 22/24 ... I've lost 12 lbs and my clothes are fitting much better.

The previous go around I lost 128 lbs I started at 276, size 22/24 and (it was 8-9 years ago) when I was 148 I was a size 8... sometime a 6 (very rarely)... I kept my "big" clothes much longer than I should have because I didn't want to buy clothed just to get rid of them in a few months ... but I distinctly remember that i lost much faster in my upper body: face/arms/chest than my stomach or butt.

I am motivated by all the success stories on this thread and looking forward to being one of them again!!
  • candy102389
    Options
    I started at a size 20/22 274lbs. Ive lost 35lbs down to a size 18 some pants 16. I really do think it depends what kind of exercise you are doing??
  • grandmaM05
    grandmaM05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that you drop a size after about 25 lbs.
    Right now I can't seem to get in the right frame of mind to start losing again.
    I need help !!!!!
  • callistasky
    callistasky Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    can I ask how tall you are?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I started out at 250 lbs, I'm 5 food 2 inches and a half. I wore a size 20, went to an 18 at about 220, and went down to a 16 at about 205. It all has to do with where you lose weight at first. Everyone is different. A lot of people my height and that weigh as much as I do does no wear a size 2 in jeans but I do, it's because of where my weight is at.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!