a mild rant

Options
13»

Replies

• jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think its just polite to add in a message when you add someone, I'm not a friend collector and like it when people make an effort to interact, that's why I log onto the forum after all :)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am with the people that say ask that on their page.

To me there is no reason to send a private message for that kind of question. We tend to be weary of PMs from men because many times (not all the time) the PM starts out innocent and works up to inappropriate. Dont blame us, blame the pervs that ruin it for every one.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Checked my settings and can't seem to figure out how to sign up for pervy messages.

Disappointed and confused.
  • hollybug1016
    hollybug1016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I never get PMs. I have only a few friends that I have encouraged to get on this site & only one of them is really active. I'd be ecstatic to get a message! Maybe not a pervy one... :)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

beware the friend collectors...
    [/quote]

I never understood this...the longer I've been on here, the more of this I've seen. If you don't want to connect or learn from the person you're friending why do it? Is there a prize for the most friends? LOL
    [/quote]

There is a prize, and the prize is me.....

I want to be a trophy friend....

:wink:
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I would be happy if someone asked me fitness related questions. I only ever get weirdos PMing me, asking me sexual questions...

Are you confused by that? Really? (not trying to sound like a *****, but seriously?)
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am like you, I like to send private messages and get to know people :) If you are intersted, you can add me. I am looking for great friends for support!!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Interesting.

The person that doesn't want people that are easily offended is.... offended.

Mind. blown.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    This post makes me want to be your friend. Friend Request sent :)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I would prolly respond by saying something like "Umm, I messaged about your goals because YOU sent ME a friend request. But nevermind, I've lost interest." DELETE. They sound like a douche. I can see being taken by surprise when someone NOT on your f.l. pm's you, but friends should be able to.